New Woodsies area

Chopmunky

50 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Interesting. First visit to the farm this year to me but my ‘maybe’ list contains Kneecap, Declan’s McKenna, Remi Wolf and Hi Vis so there’s a chance I’ll be spending a bit of time in the area. 

All I will say is that to me, Woodsies feels “outside” the main hub of the festival. More so than the Park. The hub of it is mostly SE in my mind (markets, Other, Holts etc.) feels like the heart of it IMO.

1 hour ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Interesting. First visit to the farm this year to me but my ‘maybe’ list contains Kneecap, Declan’s McKenna, Remi Wolf and Hi Vis so there’s a chance I’ll be spending a bit of time in the area. 

One of my favourite areas. Always lots of bands I like at the main stage, and plenty of room to chill outside the tent with a cool bar with djs playing.

Edited by Euphoricape

13 hours ago, incident said:

Good, all part of the experience.

My first festival I managed to end up in entirely the wrong small stage in the wrong field (tried to go to Small World, ended up at Little Massive). I knew something was wrong when they started soundchecking, and it sounded like a pseudo metal band.

They just need to introduce a Sapling Stage, a Conifer Tent, and a Forest Zone, then we can all get confused and have a great experience 🤣

Sounds like there's a bit more placemaking taking place this year following last year's initial effort with the after hours ambient stuff around the tree stage.

People will still say that there's nothing but wall to wall D&B after hours at Glasto, I'm sure.

Taking its name from the Worthy Farm fields it occupies, the Woodsies Area is a new outdoor venue combining Woodsies Main Stage with the all-new Tree Stage, The Wood (complete with aerial walkways in the trees and interactive spaces) and the Wood’s Bar.

Does this mean the Woodsies main stage is now open-air?

3 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I don’t think so I think it’s just very badly worded

If you look at the photos it seems to be it’s just outside the tent and is only on when the main stage finishes and all day Wednesday and Thursday which I find a bit annoying as we often used to chill and drink by the benches and the bar there on a Thursday but won’t be able to if they have put up a stage 

12 minutes ago, Nduja said:

Sounds like there's a bit more placemaking taking place this year following last year's initial effort with the after hours ambient stuff around the tree stage.

People will still say that there's nothing but wall to wall D&B after hours at Glasto, I'm sure.

Some of it is jungle to be fair

2 minutes ago, eatingglitter said:

This was probably the wrong place to put it, lol. Hoping that this will be more reminscent of the woods at Bestival back in the day. Loved climbing on the old tree fort things in the dark and wandering about the woods.

Or even better, the ones at Shambala

40 minutes ago, eatingglitter said:

This was probably the wrong place to put it, lol. Hoping that this will be more reminscent of the woods at Bestival back in the day. Loved climbing on the old tree fort things in the dark and wandering about the woods.

Loved the bestival woods! 

14 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Loved the bestival woods! 

I have some amazing (read TERRIBLE) photos of me wearing this snazzy black and white get up, the tightest of tight indie sleaze footless tights and a baywatch bumbag in those woods. Sad times, Robin Hill isn't even open anymore!

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

And encompassed in a tonne of Fake Plastic Trees

There's definitely more fake plastic girls than there used to be 😅

Sounds to me like the Tree Stage will be having the talks/presentations on Weds/Thurs in the day and the ambient/electronic music on midnight to 3am on Fri/Sat/Sun.  That sound about right?  If so, I think that's a bit of a waste really.  There's plenty of late night venues with DJ's already all over the site.  Was hoping for something different.

5 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

I think it was called the Tolpuddle stage.

Ah, that could be it! I went to see Billy Bragg but they'd published the wrong time. and he wasn't due on for an hour.

• Like 1