Which stage is winning for you?

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Every time I look at a clash finder with only the main stages on, mine is pretty sparse. Then I listen to playlists of smaller stage line-up releases and they are absurdly stacked. 
probably acoustic/avalon and glade/stonebridge leading it for me

Any playlist recommendations?

5 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Any playlist recommendations?

I’m presently listening to the second half of this which is the other stages around the Park. There are different people from here and the other site who do playlists, all good but this guy seems to have covered all of the stages with a few tracks from each artist which I’ve found useful.

8 minutes ago, DJL said:

I’m presently listening to the second half of this which is the other stages around the Park. There are different people from here and the other site who do playlists, all good but this guy seems to have covered all of the stages with a few tracks from each artist which I’ve found useful.

Thanks

21 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

West Holts is head and shoulders above the pack this year. Playlist #19 keeps on giving.

Yup, that leak gave me completely false expectations on how good the rest of the lineup was gonna be. I’ve come around to a lot of it now and if the clashfinders are slightly on point then I’ve got pretty stacked days ahead across all stages, but damn that Holts lineup is top tier.

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Justice are “can’t miss”

And up against very little competition that night. WH will be rammed. Esp give their legendary set in 2017 being widely known about. A lot of people will want to recreate that night and a lot will want to experience the same night. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's the likely similarity to the 2017 set that makes it easily missable.

Yep. It’ll be a carbon copy with a few inferior tunes with yer man from Tame Impala added in. 

It’ll be solid, but if you were there in 2017, it’s missable for sure. 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Yep. It’ll be a carbon copy with a few inferior tunes with yer man from Tame Impala added in. 

It’ll be solid, but if you were there in 2017, it’s missable for sure. 

Does that not sell it also … ? I’ve been sold it because of its legendary status on these boards ? A great set to close and one that’s pretty tested 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Does that not sell it also … ? I’ve been sold it because of its legendary status on these boards ? A great set to close and one that’s pretty tested 

It sells it to those who haven’t seen the for sure.

2017 was one of the best sets I’ve ever seen at Glasto. 

The new album just hasn’t landed for me tbh, which is where my indifference is now coming from. 

Most of my mates still want to go but I’m now less certain. 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

The new album just hasn’t landed for me tbh, which is where my indifference is now coming from. 

Convinced it’ll be rammed . While I’m sure many will be at sza it’s not quite the knockout pyramid filling set of the other 2 so those people will be somewhere else . Answer to the question I’ll be at pyramid mostly as is the norm 

New Justice album is pretty middling yeah, but after seeing their Coachella set I’m still convinced Holts is the place to be Sunday night. Even Kevin Parker’s dreary vocals can’t take away from how much of a good time their live sets are. 

I’ve also not got any real preference on who to see at sub time on the Sunday night so far so might well end up seeing Nia on before them to get a decent spot in case it does become very busy, or maybe do half Burna Boy and then head over.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I loved Justice in 2017. An amazing set, the crowd were phenomenal, and almost my whole camp was together, which was very special. 

But, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that, for me, the Bicep set was even better. The sound was literally perfect, the lights were possibly my favourite ever (that wall of white lights and lasers, ugh...) and the way they beefed up some of their best tunes from electro rhythms to four to the floor techno bangers was just magnificent for a festival closing headline set. It will stay in the memory for a very long time. 

I'm also somewhat indifferent to a lot of the new Justice record, and though I know they'll likely play a set of their best loved tracks, I am wary of trying to create the exact same thing again. Very unlike my usual MO, I'll possibly decide where to be on the night itself. 

Ben

Justice looks the set to see on Sunday night, and I've only seen the 2017 one on TV. But a full day of Cat Power, London Grammar, James Blake, National and Justice would be awesome, and they're probably all going to be on at the same time, so there are some selection issues. There's also a tempting Yard Act/Romy/James Blake triple-whammy on Woodsies. I'll see which way the wind blows me...

But if they were to cancel every other stage and just run West Holts, I'd be pretty happy.

I can understand some people will miss it given they were at the 2017 show and looking to not repeat it or gives them a chance to see something else. But a lotta people who saw that 2017 are still going to want to recapture it. More so if there's nothing else great on that takes your fancy. 

From the 7 main stages, WH is easiest to predict as being rammed come Sunday.

If you've not seen them, don't be put off because it's likely to be busy though. You'll still be able to see them and have a blast.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON