Glasto is sh*t and I'm not paying my balance. Definitely not trying in October.

Superscally

Accidentally paid my balance earlier... I thought I was renewing my membership to the Carlton Club but clicked the wrong balance reminder email!

Do you think I could get my money back? 

• Upvote 2

On 3/30/2024 at 11:00 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

You do realise this is very much a tongue in cheek thread, Guy?

No sh*t lolol only been on efests a few years....and still get things wrong LOLOL 😂

1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Why does it have to take place on worthy Farm? Imagine how many more hotel options there would be if it was held at Wembley?

I think it'd be loads better if it was an urban festival anyway. Imagine if it was in London. Think "Dot-to-Dot" but on a much grander scale. You've got your pick of venues, you could have it completely indoors so the weather wouldn't be a problem. Forget the timing around the solstice, hold it whenever you like. It's indoors!

Good transport links between each venue. Let's be honest. By the time you've walked from the Acoustic Stage to the Park, you could have got the tube from Brixton Academy to the O2 Arena. 

No need for a tent, just enjoy one the capital's extensive range of hostels or AirBnBs. No flags or large rucksacks bigger than A4.

Somebody get me Emily on line one.

On 4/2/2024 at 2:34 PM, fred quimby said:

Let's face it, 2006 was the best festival in decades and it has been going downhill since. 

Michael always used to say (I know because I went to see him do his annual 1 hour in the Green Fields every year|) that the Glastonbury he was at was the best one ever. In 2011, he didn't say that. As they say at Coachella, do the math.