Orbital, which night?

Franky

3 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

Is there a good chance they will play other sets during the festival? Arcadia or iicon maybe?

Orbital live set on IICON would be awesome, not sure it'll happen though. We'll probably get at least 1, maybe more, Phil DJ sets over the weekend though. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

didn't they say something about a helicopter? 

they posted a pic of a helicopter they bought on their twitter about a year and a half ago

20 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Could really do with Orbital moving into a headliner spot for Sat night.

Coldplay
Disclosure
Jessie Ware
Gossip
Peggy Gou

This is a brutal Sat night otherwise.

The shittest and most uninspired single night of headliners I can remember at the festival. I’m even a fan of Jessie, but she literally headlined a stage two years ago and I’ve seen her countless times already. First time I’ve ever been left with no option I’m even a tiny bit interested in seeing. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sunday 2014 was worse......with Disclosure showing up both times.

Eh, that was at least when Disclosure were new and exciting, even if they were a bit sh*t, and Massive Attack on Other was a good booking even if they’re not the most exciting live act. Now we’ve got Coldplay, again, Disclosure way past their prime, Jessie, again, Gossip for some reason, and Peggy Gou headlining the Park for some reason. Way worse imo.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

TBH Friday last year was looking bleak as f**k until the Saw Doctors got announced for the Acoustic Stage.

Can fully imagine you misty-eyed up the front for "To Win Just Once".

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Fred Again -> Saws combo made for a fine double bill

Fred Again is probably the best set i've ever seen at Glasto, just knocking Massive Attack 2008 off the number 1 spot.

Weather helped!

21 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

TBH Friday last year was looking bleak as f**k until the Saw Doctors got announced for the Acoustic Stage.

Like Jessie Ware, Kelis was also guaranteed good times and she was excellent.

21 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

The shittest and most uninspired single night of headliners I can remember at the festival. I’m even a fan of Jessie, but she literally headlined a stage two years ago and I’ve seen her countless times already. First time I’ve ever been left with no option I’m even a tiny bit interested in seeing. 

I feel the same about Sunday. Probably would be able to settle on one of them, but none of them "wow" me. 

I wouldn't mind the Saturday night being the one where I just explore and do something totally different to seeing a headliner act, but to close out the festival on Sunday like that would be disappointing. 

17 hours ago, Franky said:

Fred Again is probably the best set i've ever seen at Glasto, just knocking Massive Attack 2008 off the number 1 spot.

Weather helped!

you obviopulsy never  saw Chas and Dave 2005 

On 3/20/2024 at 10:38 AM, FloopFiller said:

Really reeks of them having drop outs and filling the gaps with friends of the festival and/or cheap options. 

I doubt there were even drop outs. Just look at every other lineup in the festival industry this year. Also costs mean friends of the festival are now a necessity, whereas they used to be a nice to have

Will Peggy Gou be live or DJ? That's my main gripe (as with Fatboy following Left field last year) - surely we can keep the stages for live acts given the many many DJ slots on elsewhere.

Sunday 2014 was brutal on paper. We ended up watching Jagwa Mar in Williams Green (RIP) which was great fun.

Personally looking forward to Jessie Ware, only started listening to her last album which sounds good enough to me to warrant a repeat showing following 22.