Orbital, which night?

Franky

Don't think I want to risk not making it into West Holts for Justice. I'll have to swerve Orbital and hope that Nia Archives at West Holts is on top form (which I'm sure she will be).

• Like 1

Park finishes earlier on Sunday night so not convinced by that Guardian info. Would mean a stupidly early slot for them. The Leftfield/Fat Boy slot last year seems a much better fit for Orbital and Peggy Gou. Orbital would get the sunset. 

Though a quirky ol' year scheduling wise so who knows.

29 minutes ago, Franky said:

They can’t possibly put Orbital on in anything but complete darkness 🤷‍♂️ surely 

They're doing some dates towards the end of the summer co-headlining with Leftfield, so you'd imagine some of those gigs will have Orbital performing before it's dark

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

They're doing some dates towards the end of the summer co-headlining with Leftfield, so you'd imagine some of those gigs will have Orbital performing before it's dark

Though towards the end of the summer there's the advantage that it gets dark a couple hours earlier than it does at Glastonbury. So festivals around the end of August / start of September it's normal to have both the Sub and the Headliner in (just about) darkness.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

Though towards the end of the summer there's the advantage that it gets dark a couple hours earlier than it does at Glastonbury. So festivals around the end of August / start of September it's normal to have both the Sub and the Headliner in (just about) darkness.

Yeah, I just checked the sunset time for the date they're playing Margate. It's much earlier than I thought, 19.15, so even if they're on before Leftfield, it'll still be alright. My bad - in my head it was still light till about 8ish at that time of year.

33 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Park finishes earlier on Sunday night so not convinced by that Guardian info. Would mean a stupidly early slot for them. The Leftfield/Fat Boy slot last year seems a much better fit for Orbital and Peggy Gou. Orbital would get the sunset. 

Yeah that would certainly make a lot more sense, but with Glastonbury who knows these days - weird scheduling all over the place.

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, I just checked the sunset time for the date they're playing Margate. It's much earlier than I thought, 19.15, so even if they're on before Leftfield, it'll still be alright. My bad - in my head it was still light till about 8ish at that time of year.

All good, Glastonbury appear to just want to f**k up all my sh*t this year 🙂

Funny innit, Orbital still rock my world, but I've no interest in Leftfield and haven't listened to them in about 20 years. Seem very much more of their time than Orbital. In fact, I'm hoping that for the gig I've got tickets for, Orbital are on first so I can skip out and get an earlier train home. Wouldn't even bother sticking around for Leftfield. 

22 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Orbital into Justice will be a fine way to end the festival

I just cannont see even with this years madness of a lineup that they will put Orbital on in the daylight, I think the Guardian have this wrong and they will be on Sat night when the Park goes on a little later.

2 hours ago, Joey Peeps said:

If it was Saturday then they would play later than the Sunday. Subbing Sunday would be odd. Currently there is a genuine chance I could be out of the field by 8:30pm on Sunday and in my own bed that night. Things could change obviously but after Avril I'm done.