Overcrowding candidates/ acts booked too low

kemosabe

1 hour ago, fakeplastictrees2000 said:

it was absolutely insane

first and only time in 3 glastonbury's I've been worried about overcrowding becoming a genuine danger. It was a complete disaster booking thinking back for a Thursday afternoon.

Been mentioned already but Barry Can't Swim and Justice the only ones on the face of it - need some decent clashes.

Maybe one for arcadia, they could put something interesting on the sunday night to draw some attention from Justice 👀

Edited by AndyL16

58 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I think Dua might suprise people … 

She will have the second biggest crowd of the weekend after Coldplay. She has songs people know even if they aren't massive fans and the draw of the Pyramid stage on the first night, especially to first timers will be huge

1 minute ago, Fred Zepplin said:

She will have the second biggest crowd of the weekend after Coldplay. She has songs people know even if they aren't massive fans and the draw of the Pyramid stage on the first night, especially to first timers will be huge

Shania will also pack the place. Probably won't be much between all three of them.

48 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

barry cant swim is clashing with confidence man and sofia K, i think that might help a bit. 

worst clash of the weekend for me by the looks of it.

Confirmed? Hope not.

4 minutes ago, dcsessions said:

Are justice definitely playing the Sunday? The way Lauren Laverne seemed to explain it this morning, justice weren't going to be Sunday.

What did she say?

7 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Confirmed? Hope not.

What did she say?

I'm probably reading too much into it but it's 8 minutes 40 seconds in here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001wy37?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

She is listing all the acts in day order and although she doesn't specifically say justice for Saturday she says, "jungle are taking the Friday top spot, justice returning with the intent of topping their legendary 2017 set and then Jessie ware"

14 minutes ago, HH46810 said:

How do we know confidence man and barry are clashing?

going off previous stage times and position on the posters plus what con man told someone here the other day. con man said (before the poster dropped) they are 3pm friday other stage which is now confirmed. 

Sofia Ks position on the lineup suggests a 2/2.30 slot and barry cant swim place on the poster suggests a 2-2.45 slot. i hope im wrong and we get a few acts in before them to move them. 

6 hours ago, Chip Batch said:

Sugababes looks like an obvious overcrowding candidate to me. Maybe Jamie XX.

SZA might be fairly quiet.

SZA will be quiet. Bit like the Cure a few years ago I suppose. I was able to walk straight through that crowd to the toilet and back well easily - the dream!

But I suspect over the next few months the hype will grow, and people are always prepared to give headliners a chance! Also there's bigger crowds in general on Sundays... 

I have no idea what the knock on effect is on a Sunday night though. Do people just leave site early, or do the other sets get absolutely rammed beyond belief.

8 hours ago, TiZuff said:

barry cant swim is clashing with confidence man and sofia K, i think that might help a bit. 

worst clash of the weekend for me by the looks of it.

That better not be true, Barry and Sofia K are 2 of only a handful I'm arsed about seeing.

Honestly this line up just gets worse by the minute.

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Surprised no mentions yet but don’t go near glade for faithless 

Surely they got to do something about this - given how bad Example was and they even commented on the huge crowd and safety post festival debrief didn’t they? 

Maybe Glade is expanding this year or maybe they aren’t even playing Glade maybe Glade just retweeted it 🤞🏽

17 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Can’t believe they haven’t learned their lesson from TLC, especially as Sugababes was the reason they had to stop under billing acts. Field is gonna be rammed. 

I mean for some reason theyll listen to the council about things but not to the actual people dealing with the conditions.