UK Politics

kalifire

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

How would the world have been different if he did? Would he be in a better position to use his influence as future PM?

no idea, probably no different...but maybe Labour would be more united on this issue and wouldn't be facing another difficult vote and possible resignations tomorrow....and maybe pressure and focus would have been more on the tories...as for influence, well now he's calling for this ceasefire, following not leading...who will that impress?

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

no idea, probably no different...but maybe Labour would be more united on this issue and wouldn't be facing another difficult vote and possible resignations tomorrow....and maybe pressure and focus would have been more on the tories...as for influence, well now he's calling for this ceasefire, following not leading...who will that impress?

Labour have been united, a few ministerial resignations that nobody have heard of, all positive about Starmer. Neither labour or the tories are under pressure from the electorate about this. As I have said many times this issue is high up the ladder on political social media, but low in the real life. At the end of the day even if the PM has influence it’s going to be small. Labour are playing politics, but so are Torys and SNP. I have no doubt that Isreal are paying little attention to what British politicians think about this.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

Phillips was the most high profile, but I’m not convinced she is well known by those who don’t follow politics.

I mean ok...but if it's going to be constantly none of this is important because most people aren't bothered then we may as well close this thread and go and do something more useful.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

they care about lots about them, very often  don't care enough about thing to do the legwork.

get back to me when they care enough to stop flying, someone (including himself as a youth - lying to himself, i reckon) here only yesterday was celebrating the youth doing their own bit to destroy the planet as a good thing about his life

Not the flying again 😂

Being a well travelled, trans-Atlantic ex flyer, meat eater and father of kids who fly doesn’t make you the climate saviour you think it does.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Doubt many know who most of the shadow front bench are.

Surely most people who take an interest in politics know at least some of them… Rachel Reeves, Wes Streeting, Angela Rayner are all prominent figures on the news shows, QT etc.

It’s such a shame Jess Phillips resignd -  she was excellent for that portfolio and she’s a true Labour girl done good character from working class family, public sector parents etc. 

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

young people are of course famous for voting tory aren't they

Them voting tory after voting libdem is the only thing that fits the numbers

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Not the flying again 😂

Being a well travelled, trans-Atlantic ex flyer, meat eater and father of kids who fly doesn’t make you the climate saviour you think it does.  

I don't think I'm a climate saviour, but I also don't think that being able to fly easily defines me.  I just took a decision many years ago to not sh*t on your life as much as I could have done. I've certainly never believed that I am defined by how easy i can destroy the planet like you. I also don't think I fart perfume. Veggie farts kill the planet too.

31 minutes ago, Neil said:

I don't think I'm a climate saviour, but I also don't think that being able to fly easily defines me.  I just took a decision many years ago to not sh*t on your life as much as I could have done. I've certainly never believed that I am defined by how easy i can destroy the planet like you. I also don't think I fart perfume. Veggie farts kill the planet too.

Thanks for deciding not to sh*t on my life, after you’ve seen the world. Very noble of you. 

10 minutes ago, LJS said:

image.png.55c3234f078802a58587743ff71136fa.png

Surely after the last couple of disastrous years the chance of voting Tory as you grow older will be a trend of the past? 

I suppose it depends what happens in the coming years - a new labour gov has certainly got a job on its hands to turn this sh*t round. 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Thanks for deciding not to sh*t on my life, after you’ve seen the world. Very noble of you. 

It's amazing that someone who goes to Glastonbury is so hostile to a simple greening idea that anyone can easily do without big life changes. Obviously never really got Glastonbury.

24 minutes ago, stuie said:

Surely after the last couple of disastrous years the chance of voting Tory as you grow older will be a trend of the past? 

I suppose it depends what happens in the coming years - a new labour gov has certainly got a job on its hands to turn this sh*t round. 

Yeah that seems to be the case, I think millennials are the first generation that are not getting more right wing as they grow older and that’s continuing into gen z too. Potentially the Tories have a big issue on their hands.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

probably says something about cuts to military maintenance spending. - mod probably decided they could swing some pressure on that from the background, its not everyone that goes screaming to the press about every problem.

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah that seems to be the case, I think millennials are the first generation that are not getting more right wing as they grow older and that’s continuing into gen z too. Potentially the Tories have a big issue on their hands.

they are they just can't recognise it i n themselves. people have been saying for 50+ years that the tory vote would die out. seems as strong as ever! me-me-me-ism is always popular.

Edited by Neil

46 minutes ago, Neil said:

It's amazing that someone who goes to Glastonbury is so hostile to a simple greening idea that anyone can easily do without big life changes. Obviously never really got Glastonbury.

So anyone that really ‘got Glastonbury’ doesn’t fly anymore? 

Do you really believe the things you post? 😂😂

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

So anyone that really ‘got Glastonbury’ doesn’t fly anymore? 

Do you really believe the things you post? 😂😂

i'm not the one who has posted about flying boats.

someone who got glasto and actually wanted green solutions wouldn't be having a go at someone for their own self-chosen green action. should instead try thinking about how methane is made from vegetable matter.

Edited by Neil