New Names Who'll (Hopefully) Smash The f**k Out Of G24

CaledonianGonzo

6 hours ago, Talcroft said:

Divorce

English Teacher 

New Dad

Sorry (were Sorry there last year? I saw them at Blue Dot but not at glasto. Their 2022 album is excellent.) 

Absolutely loving these!

Do you have any good sources to find new music along these lines online? Spotify playlists etc?

On 12/30/2023 at 9:22 PM, Ben7amin_ said:

Not  exactly what I'd call a new name. 

17 hours ago, philipsteak said:

I really think this could be their breakthrough year, the plucky young upstarts.

somebody has changed the thread title and added “new” to purposefully stitch me up I believe 

• Downvote 1

On 12/31/2023 at 9:34 AM, Talcroft said:

Divorce

English Teacher 

New Dad

Sorry (were Sorry there last year? I saw them at Blue Dot but not at glasto. Their 2022 album is excellent.) 

I hadn’t heard of any of these bands but had a listen poolside through most of yesterday and they’re all fantastic and have a very similar sound/ vibe. Have you got any other groups of a similar ilk that you would recommend? What genre would you call this?

I love The Japanese House and much as I am very much aware that Amber's project is not new at this point, apparently they've never done Glastonbury before judging by their setlist.fm record or a Google just now. So as a new to the festival idea, might be nice to see them get a shout.

Just spent a couple of hours going through all the 2024 hype lists and sounds like plenty of good stuff.

this guy Antony Szmierek stood out to me as a Fred Again type sound that could become very popular 

the rest I popped here 

mostly indie and a couple of names who are already established soz, I need to see what the Lankum hype’s about 

On 12/30/2023 at 6:41 PM, nikkic said:

Let Barry Can’t Swim bring his party vibes 

Barry is 100% the obvious shout for this, you beat me to it

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cos he's a local sort I've seen BCS a couple of times recently and while I like him / his tunes a lot I think if he's gonna make a big impact at this summer's festivals he'll need some help on his live show to make the step up.

Be interested to hear a bit more detail on this. Only ever listened to him on streaming services so unfamiliar with his live show. What help does he need?

3 hours ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Hopefully Nu Genea

Advise you to listen if you haven't already. Neopolitan group playing Italian/funk/disco/world music.

These lot are incredible. Would love to see them play

3 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Be interested to hear a bit more detail on this. Only ever listened to him on streaming services so unfamiliar with his live show. What help does he need?

Think he just meant its not at the stage where its ready for main stages show wise yet

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

These lot are incredible. Would love to see them play

Caught them with the live band in London last March and nearly bit the bullet to see their hometown show in Naples they’re that good. Looks like the DJ sets I’ve caught online are a party as well.

Would be gutted if they’re not on the lineup as I really do think they’re a perfect fit.