Arcadia 2024

aj6658

14 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Agree, it's really not a Shambala thing and presumably would be out of their reach budget wise.

As much as we say it's small for arcadia, the spider would take up half of Shambala! 

And you're right having something fire breathing isn't necessarily in the spirit they're going for. It's more likely at something like Boomtown but I can't see them wanting 2nd hand Glastonbury sets.

Edited by Leyrulion

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

As much as we say it's small for arcadia, the spider would take up half of Shambala! 

And you're right having something fire breathing isn't necessarily in the spirit they're going for. It's more likely at something like Boomtown but I can't see them wanting 2nd hand Glastonbury sets.

It used to be at boomtown and Glastonbury anyway. 

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Arcadia Spider always used to be at Boomtown. 

Arcadia Afterburner has previously appeared at Bestival and currently appears at Valley Fest. 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

weird ..... it shows for me .... is just a video of my Pangea self build so not relevant to the fact it'll very likely  be the sea king 

Ah I see! I thought it was a vid of Arcadia 4.0 🙂 

This happened before and I think it was gold member group that couldn't see the attachments.

Went to see the Chemical Brothers at a book launch talk tonight in Hackney. 

They spoke about playing in the spider this year. Ed said he wasn’t a fan, said it was one of the loudest and most intense dj booths he’s played in. 

He also said he had to sign a bunch of waivers and forms before going into the spider which I thought was super interesting. 

44 minutes ago, gordong said:

They spoke about playing in the spider this year. Ed said he wasn’t a fan, said it was one of the loudest and most intense dj booths he’s played in. 

He also said he had to sign a bunch of waivers and forms before going into the spider which I thought was super interesting. 

Hope they play a full set this year.

On 12/4/2023 at 10:28 PM, gordong said:

quite interesting that, wonder if its maybe why they haven't raised the volume (as they haven't figured a way to stop it deafthening the crew)

51 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

So, how could it work? Suspended in the air as if in flight? Rotors working? Would that be safe enough? DJ's in the cockpit?

I’m picturing a stage of some kind below with it in the air.  can’t see rotors spinning tbh that would be a health and safety headache … maybe the use of clever lighting instead to replicate that effect 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m picturing a stage of some kind below with it in the air.  can’t see rotors spinning tbh that would be a health and safety headache … maybe the use of clever lighting instead to replicate that effect 

If they do the helicopter then the main rotor has to move, slowly of course and out of reach of the crowd, otherwise they might as well not bother with the concept at all.

I'm still not convinced about the helicopter at all because when you add fire and explosions to a helicopter you've created a scene of a war zone - not the vibes we're looking for! 

The helicopter doesn’t seem enough to be the main feature. I was thinking they might mount it on a vehicle to drive around, like the Bug? Perhaps the spider will be replaced with something else entirely?

Either way, I think the chances of any spinning metal blades seems fairly remote!

27 minutes ago, stuie said:

If they do the helicopter then the main rotor has to move, slowly of course and out of reach of the crowd, otherwise they might as well not bother with the concept at all.

I'm still not convinced about the helicopter at all because when you add fire and explosions to a helicopter you've created a scene of a war zone - not the vibes we're looking for! 

Yep, I'm not sold on the helicopter concept either. If we're sticking to it being a venue for electronica, my campaign to have a hangar-style venue like the Yuma Stage at Coachella or Fremont Stage at Life is Beautiful is very much in full swing. Let's have that, instead of the outdoor pyro and mechanics show. Would also double up as somewhere to get out of the sun, which Glastonbury sadly lacks...or the rain, of course

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep, I'm not sold on the helicopter concept either. If we're sticking to it being a venue for electronica, my campaign to have a hangar-style venue like the Yuma Stage at Coachella or Fremont Stage at Life is Beautiful is very much in full swing. Let's have that, instead of the outdoor pyro and mechanics show. Would also double up as somewhere to get out of the sun, which Glastonbury sadly lacks...or the rain, of course

And maybe they could increase the sound levels

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Yes! Some of this please. 

Arcadia have form for doing an inside arena with The Reactor which was pretty damn good.

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yes, I remember that when they introduced it in the Olympic Park a few years ago! It was in a tent, IIRC?

Yep… only problem was they put it on a bit of the park with drainage issues and it was a bit swampy inside. But the concept and execution was spot on.  Can they get a hangar or tent big enough for Glasto though? Would help with sound issues.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Isn't that just the Glade on a slightly larger scale?

2 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Isn't that just the Glade on a slightly larger scale?

In a small way, I guess. But with the new Glade, the majority of people are outside the canopy...and the sound is terrible unless you're relatively close. At least with a hangar style venue, everyone's raving under the same roof