2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

36 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m going for Paramore, Tyler the Creator & Foo Fighters as the three Main Stage East headliners. 

Can't see Tyler being on MSE, he'd be MSW I think. Also think there'd probably be a few names in the genre that would be booked before him at R+L so wouldn't say he's massively likely.

29 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Can't see Tyler being on MSE, he'd be MSW I think. Also think there'd probably be a few names in the genre that would be booked before him at R+L so wouldn't say he's massively likely.

Think his stock could rise if he does another album, and if the Coachella headline set goes well (providing the rumours are true).

8 minutes ago, stanh said:

Think his stock could rise if he does another album, and if the Coachella headline set goes well (providing the rumours are true).

Wouldn't bank on his stock rising all that much at this point in his career, but I guess you never know. And if the Coachella rumours are true then there'll be precedent for their headliners playing MSW.

On 1/14/2024 at 6:15 PM, Andre91 said:

I’m going for Paramore, Tyler the Creator & Foo Fighters as the three Main Stage East headliners. 

This would be the oldest trio for a while (debut album wise)

14 hours ago, Dukey said:

BMtH That’s the Spirit 10 year anniversary 👀

They'd be fools not to, when I think about it.

Drowned
Happy Song
Throne
True Friends
Follow You
What You Need
Avalanche
8 Run
Drown
10 Blasphemy
11 Oh No

12 Mantra
13 Lost
14 Shadow Moses
15 Parasite Eve
16 Die4U
17 Can You Feel My Heart

With all the extra bits, that probably clocks in at ninety minutes, give or take.

On 1/14/2024 at 6:15 PM, Andre91 said:

23 hours ago, p0sterb0y said:

MSE: Dua Lipa, Bring Me The Horizon, Paramore
MSW: Noah Kahan, Royal Blood, Lil Nas X

Firstly I don't see Tyler doing MSE here. Secondly, why would Paramore do it two years after the album is out?, the gap after Taylor support made all the sense.

Dua Lipa is a very big possibility but they also want Olivia. 

I'm going for Dua Lipa, Foo Fighters and Olivia/BMTH. I don't think Olivia will do Glasto on the second year round. FF and Green Day as my initial thought it probably too big. I also feel BMTH could do that album as a secret slot.

On 1/18/2024 at 12:06 PM, p0sterb0y said:

MSE: Dua Lipa, Bring Me The Horizon, Paramore
MSW: Noah Kahan, Royal Blood, Lil Nas X

BMTH / Royal Blood is unbelievably weak.

Really think BMTH are staying at MSW for now unless something significantly changes.

Royal Blood are a very weak MSW headliner too, Lil Nas X is not great either.

29 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

if “Noah Kahan” headlines this festival it’d be the final nail in the coffin. 

I guess we were ultimately saved from Lewis Capaldi

8 hours ago, gfa said:

BMTH / Royal Blood is unbelievably weak.

Really think BMTH are staying at MSW for now unless something significantly changes.

Royal Blood are a very weak MSW headliner too, Lil Nas X is not great either.

I don't think BMTH would be a weak MSE headliner. I know monthly listeners arent the best metric to use but they are sitting on 13.5 mill monthly listeners - that is more than other British rock headliners like Sam Fender (3.7 mill), The 1975 (13.1 mill) and even Muse/Blur/Strokes. Currently on a massive UK arena tour which is comparable to other MSE sized bands like the 1975. Plus if you think of the small pool of big British bands, BMTH are one of the few that are still on an upwards trajectory and relevant with a younger audience. Not to mention they are one of the best live bands.

I agree Royal Blood would be a weak headliner but if the likes of Gerry Cinnamon and Van McCann can headline then I am fully expecting the likes of Courteeners, Wolf Alice, Biffy or Kasabian to be a cheap filler headliner. It seems they usually get 4 big names and 2 small names so maybe I'd swap out Lil Nas X for someone like Central Cee or Chase and status.

BMTH x Chase and Status/Central Cee
Paramore x Noah Kahan
Dua Lipa x Royal Blood

19 minutes ago, p0sterb0y said:

I don't think BMTH would be a weak MSE headliner. I know monthly listeners arent the best metric to use but they are sitting on 13.5 mill monthly listeners - that is more than other British rock headliners like Sam Fender (3.7 mill), The 1975 (13.1 mill) and even Muse/Blur/Strokes. Currently on a massive UK arena tour which is comparable to other MSE sized bands like the 1975. Plus if you think of the small pool of big British bands, BMTH are one of the few that are still on an upwards trajectory and relevant with a younger audience. Not to mention they are one of the best live bands.

I agree Royal Blood would be a weak headliner but if the likes of Gerry Cinnamon and Van McCann can headline then I am fully expecting the likes of Courteeners, Wolf Alice, Biffy or Kasabian to be a cheap filler headliner. It seems they usually get 4 big names and 2 small names so maybe I'd swap out Lil Nas X for someone like Central Cee or Chase and status.

BMTH x Chase and Status/Central Cee
Paramore x Noah Kahan
Dua Lipa x Royal Blood

BMTH are relatively big in the US which ups that count a heck of a lot. They subbed MCR and Paramore at WWWY 2022

Sam Fender is nowhere near as well known

BMTH were outstanding last night in Sheffield, with either the new album this summer or That’s The Spirit 10th anniversary just get them booked!

Also, one for @Andre91 if you weren’t there, they brought out Alex from Malevolence to sing Diamonds

Edited by andyrhodes24
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

BMTH were outstanding last night in Sheffield, with either the new album this summer or That’s The Spirit 10th anniversary just get them booked!

Also, one for @Andre91 if you weren’t there, they brought out Alex from Malevolence to sing Diamonds

Yessss! I was there. Absolutely lost my head when he came out 😂

6 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I think it's the Sheffield gig that someone has posted on a kerrang page with Noah coming on....just to point out I don't know him and Malevolence definitely not for me. But the crowd is dead with no movement, multiple commentors saying the same

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I think it's the Sheffield gig that someone has posted on a kerrang page with Noah coming on....just to point out I don't know him and Malevolence definitely not for me. But the crowd is dead with no movement, multiple commentors saying the same

Absolutely can confirm that the crowd wasn’t dead at all. We were to the left and there were pits constantly and that wasn’t even the huge middle one. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I was literally there. I know what I saw. 

Not saying you weren't there, but you can't say a video of someone st the same gig is fake lol, that's more evidence I've got that of you there. That's not exactly a tiny part of crowd lol and it's directly where you'd expect it to be going mad. 

Apart from that, sounded absolutely horrific lol.

Edited by northernangel

12 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Not saying you weren't there, but you can't say a video of someone st the same gig is fake lol, that's more evidence I've got that of you there. That's not exactly a tiny part of crowd lol and it's directly where you'd expect it to be going mad. 

Apart from that, sounded absolutely horrific lol.

I’ve not said it’s fake? I don’t know what else I need to say that I haven’t said already. It was not a dead crowd. 

And yes, you would think it sounds awful because your ear isn’t tuned to that type of music.