Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

Anyone know of anywhere that sells Brothers cider around the Teesside area?

Not many Co-ops around me but I'll have to try and arrange a visit to one and keep an eye out for "promotional material"...

Do we know if the Brooklyn Pilsner has to be opened to access the code (i.e. under the ring pull)?

1 hour ago, glast0gal said:

Do we know this for a fact? Not seen anything about it and it was such a big fundraiser, I really would have expected them to send out some comms to say that the winners had been selected, as I imagine that it’s a chance for them to talk about how much they’d raised (again).

I’d enter the Brothers cider competition but I really cannot stand cider (ruined it for myself as a teenager, so my own fault really). Fingers and toes crossed for everyone entering whichever competitions you are entering or have entered!

The emails for winners for the fundraiser have indeed been sent...

1 hour ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Anyone know of anywhere that sells Brothers cider around the Teesside area?

Not many Co-ops around me but I'll have to try and arrange a visit to one and keep an eye out for "promotional material"...

Do we know if the Brooklyn Pilsner has to be opened to access the code (i.e. under the ring pull)?

Brothers competition cans are stocked in Morrisons and Tesco 

1 hour ago, glast0gal said:

Do we know this for a fact? Not seen anything about it and it was such a big fundraiser, I really would have expected them to send out some comms to say that the winners had been selected, as I imagine that it’s a chance for them to talk about how much they’d raised (again).

They said they’d raised £1.3 when they sent out the ‘competition is closed’ email. I haven’t officially seen the winners are announced, just people posting they win. 

35 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

They said they’d raised £1.3 when they sent out the ‘competition is closed’ email. I haven’t officially seen the winners are announced, just people posting they win. 

I know one of the winners, not sure if its been officially announced anywhere though

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Brothers competition cans are stocked in Morrisons and Tesco 

Ah not in our Morrison's, but I do have a Tesco to check out now.

For someone who likes "proper cider" and doesn't like the super sweet berry ciders - which are the least awful cans to aim for?

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I know one of the winners, not sure if its been officially announced anywhere though

Wow! Lucky, lucky people. Yeah, I thought there’d be a bit more fanfare to it and I think it’s a nice ‘close the feedback loop’ thing to do. I hadn’t seen anyone post anything so was existing in a bit of radio silence.

1 minute ago, glast0gal said:

Wow! Lucky, lucky people. Yeah, I thought there’d be a bit more fanfare to it and I think it’s a nice ‘close the feedback loop’ thing to do. I hadn’t seen anyone post anything so was existing in a bit of radio silence.

Perhaps they are waiting for all winners to confirm they want the prize and then they will announce

3 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Perhaps they are waiting for all winners to confirm they want the prize and then they will announce

Yeah this would make a lot of sense! Imagine being re-allocated a prize - now that would be an astonishing stroke of luck.

59 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Ah not in our Morrison's, but I do have a Tesco to check out now.

For someone who likes "proper cider" and doesn't like the super sweet berry ciders - which are the least awful cans to aim for?

Personally I’d go for festival strength one but I’ve only tried the 2 flavours as I emptied the shelves of both 

3 hours ago, Fearless_Fish said:

I don’t believe there is a code for the Brooklyn cans - you just need to scan your membership card when purchasing and then keep hold of the receipt. 

I’ve now been in 4 co-op stores and yet to see promotions for the competition anywhere, including on the self-checkout screens. I’ve one final store to try tonight near my office which is the largest of those near me so I’ll buy a pack regardless & hope for the best!

15 hours ago, Barneym said:

Where in SE London are you the one on Lordship Lane in East Dulwich has a massive sign outside about the competition 

Thanks for this - I've paid it a visit. This whole thing seems very understated, surely increasing the chances for a lucky few.

I'd visited 8 stores around me in the end over the last few days (Blackheath, Eltham, Charlton, Greenwich) and I didn't see any obvious promo material. Two stores had no Brooklyn at all; two more only had bottles and rest had, at most, two packs. It's very odd.

So I have a pack from my Co-op tour and one from your shop showing the promotion. We go again next week, I suppose. At least it's more drinkable than that sweet Brothers stuff.

TikTok have a Chilly's competition - it is to win 6 tickets - I don't have 5 other people I'd invite (my kids don't need tickets), so in the unlikely event I win....I'll be back here!
Re the Brooklyn Pilsner - no, no ringpull. It is an automatic entry - though I've only found it in one store, and no promo material, even on screens.
Someone asked about the least sweet cider - I haven't drunk any of them, but the pear one (the strongest, and also the most expensive, annoyingly) is the one I'm using in cooking to replace ordinary cider. HTH!

35 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

TikTok have a Chilly's competition - it is to win 6 tickets - I don't have 5 other people I'd invite (my kids don't need tickets), so in the unlikely event I win....I'll be back here!
Re the Brooklyn Pilsner - no, no ringpull. It is an automatic entry - though I've only found it in one store, and no promo material, even on screens.
Someone asked about the least sweet cider - I haven't drunk any of them, but the pear one (the strongest, and also the most expensive, annoyingly) is the one I'm using in cooking to replace ordinary cider. HTH!

That tik tok one is so easy to enter 🙂 

I best find last years sim card😀 I dont think i could cope with the Tonys one again this year. They should at least make it more like a treasure hunt with some clues. It ends up costing a fortune.

2 minutes ago, angelin said:

I best find last years sim card😀 I dont think i could cope with the Tonys one again this year. They should at least make it more like a treasure hunt with some clues. It ends up costing a fortune.

Raises a big load of cash for oxfam too I’d imagine and gets people in their shops . Can’t grumble at that really . No one is forced to enter its all good fun