Download 2025

Andre91

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zampa said:

I would say Jinjer are probably going to be the ticket shifter on that tour. No way that band using the Sepultura name would sell out Hammersmith otherwise.

You mean Sepultura? With the two guys who have been in the band since the 1980s and the vocalist who has been in the band for 26 years? 

On 12/16/2023 at 10:57 PM, Andre91 said:

You mean Sepultura? With the two guys who have been in the band since the 1980s and the vocalist who has been in the band for 26 years? 

Maybe it's an odd view, but for me it's like there are 2 Sepultura's. There's the band with that name and then there's the Calavara brothers doing their stuff. Both valid to me personally. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Steve G said:

System Of A Down, Five Finger Death Punch, 

Judas Priest 

Green Day ( Insomniac/American Idiot in full), Prodigy 

Bad Omens 

Iron Maiden, Ghost, 

A Day To Remember 

It would be a set of headliners that interest me but I can't see that Green Day set nor can I see Ghost returning to accept that slot, they would almost be accepting they won't headline. I think The Prodigy are a difficult place where headlining zippo is still too early and subbing main stage now happens it broad daylight.

8System Of A Down, Five Finger Death Punch, 

Judas Priest 

Bad Omens 

Iron Maiden, Ghost, 

A Day To Remember 

They'll play it more safe if this year doesn't sell too well and playing it safe is getting Maiden play for there 50th anniversary. 

13 minutes ago, northernangel said:

It would be a set of headliners that interest me but I can't see that Green Day set nor can I see Ghost returning to accept that slot, they would almost be accepting they won't headline. I think The Prodigy are a difficult place where headlining zippo is still too early and subbing main stage now happens it broad daylight.

They might play it safe if this year doesn't sell as well so getting Maiden back will be a certain for ticket sales. Unfortunately for Ghost they might have to settle for sub headline then come back and headline it after a big Arena Tour. 

2 hours ago, Steve G said:

System Of A Down, Five Finger Death Punch, 

Judas Priest 

Bad Omens 

Iron Maiden, Ghost, 

A Day To Remember 

They won't get Green Day because they refuse to let them play their own shows. That's why they aren't there this year. Same goes for Foo Fighters. 

• Thanks 1

Off the back of this announcement: 

My Chemical Romance / Sleep Token / Don Broco 

Sabaton 

Iron Maiden / Trivium (Ascendancy) / Spiritbox

Lamb of God

Ghost / Bullet For My Valentine (The Poison) / Gojira 

Amon Amarth

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, FrogLobster said:

If they can shift an arena tour end of 2024 (including o2) then I don't see why a Sleep Token headline with Spiritbox sub is out of the question.

Because there’s literally zero chance of Download making such an ambitious headliner booking. Almost certain they’ll get a good slot, possibly even sub, but no way they’ll be headlining this early on.

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Because there’s literally zero chance of Download making such an ambitious headliner booking. Almost certain they’ll get a good slot, possibly even sub, but no way they’ll be headlining this early on.

When Slipknot first headlined in 2009 everyone was saying it was a risky move and they weren't big enough. But it paid off!

Sleep Token are selling out venues (including wembley) in minutes; and already have a very rabid & dedicated fanbase locked into their visual imagery and gimmicks. If they do a UK arena tour and it also shifts in minutes then its a possibility. 😄

Edited by FrogLobster

System of a Down / Korn / Gojira

Sleep Token

My Chemical Romance / Avril Lavigne / Turnstile

The Prodigy

Blink-182 / A Day To Remember / Spiritbox

Judas Priest 

Think Ghost may come back with a new album in 2025 and then headline 26, then feel like Sleep Token will be next in line. 

4 hours ago, foolee said:

System of a Down / Korn / Gojira

Sleep Token

My Chemical Romance / Avril Lavigne / Turnstile

The Prodigy

Blink-182 / A Day To Remember / Spiritbox

Judas Priest 

Think Ghost may come back with a new album in 2025 and then headline 26, then feel like Sleep Token will be next in line. 

Be happy with that.

2024: Queens of the Stone Age / Fall Out Boy / Avenged Sevenfold
2025: System of a Down / Foo Fighters / Tool
2026: Ghost / Blink-182 / Iron Maiden
2027: Sleep Token / My Chemical Romance / Metallica