Download 2025

Andre91

15 minutes ago, foolee said:

Do you think they hype will be there with MCR now that most who would’ve wanted to see them has? 

Yeah I think their fans are pretty dedicated and they deffo do stadium tours still. Depends on European market for them I guess.

Could be a Green Day situation as well, Download allegedly doesn't let them do their own dates so they go do IOW instead. I mean if a band can do it then one festival headline plus 3 stadium dates in pretty lucrative! In fact I'd say the whole Green Day European tour this year is probably a model for how MCR would do it if they chose to. 

MCR demand would be massive. You have over 100,000 people who saw them and will want to do so again and then you’ve got everyone who missed out on tickets. I think they’re maybe the biggest band they could get for 2025. 

APEX: Sleep Token / Deftones / Spiritbox

OPUS: Bullet For My Valentine (The Poison) 

APEX: My Chemical Romance / YUNGBLUD / Turnstile 

OPUS: Sabaton 

APEX: Iron Maiden / Gojira / Trivium (Ascendancy) 

OPUS: Don Broco 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

MCR demand would be massive. You have over 100,000 people who saw them and will want to do so again and then you’ve got everyone who missed out on tickets. I think they’re maybe the biggest band they could get for 2025. 

APEX: Sleep Token / Deftones / Spiritbox

OPUS: Bullet For My Valentine (The Poison) 

APEX: My Chemical Romance / YUNGBLUD / Turnstile 

OPUS: Sabaton 

APEX: Iron Maiden / Gojira / Trivium (Ascendancy) 

OPUS: Don Broco 

Stick. Would be a great lineup this and keeping up the new headliners and fresh look whilst also getting a legendary/classic/standard download headliner. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

from all the bands that did the farewell tour thing, the only one i thought were going to stick with their word were Slayer

Kerry King was talking about regretting breaking up almost instantly after they did so not too surprised by this. I’m sure they’ll be getting some hefty paydays and bumps up lineups due to this. Surely be subbing the main stage if they play next year. 

7 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Kerry King was talking about regretting breaking up almost instantly after they did so not too surprised by this. I’m sure they’ll be getting some hefty paydays and bumps up lineups due to this. Surely be subbing the main stage if they play next year. 

for me Kerry never wanted to quit at all, it was about Tom being sick of touring

no doubt they are getting a really nice spot next year, Kerry King alone are playing 3rd down main at Hellfest

Kerry did an interview like a week again saying he hasn’t spoken to Tom since they broke up and doesn’t feel the need to, that Tom despises touring and that he doesn’t think Slayer will be back any time soon 😂 

Main Stage sub next year, for sure, I would think. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Kerry did an interview like a week again saying he hasn’t spoken to Tom since they broke up and doesn’t feel the need to, that Tom despises touring and that he doesn’t think Slayer will be back any time soon 😂 

Main Stage sub next year, for sure, I would think. 

Yeah I just saw that interview - what a strange thing to say immediately before announcing their return. Clearly very keen to throw people off the scent. 

7 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

IRON MAIDEN / Slayer / Trivium (Ascendancy) / Sepultura

The Prodigy / Poppy

___

SLEEP TOKEN / Deftones / Spiritbox / Skindred

Gojira / Mastodon

___

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE / A Day To Remember / Yungblud / Creeper

Bullet For My Valentine (The Poison) / Killswitch Engage

Btw if you are including Trivium and BFMV cuz of them teasing album tours then maybe should include Mastodon* and Lamb Of God who have already announced a US tour playing their 2004 albums 🙂

*Obvs you put Mastodon in but didn't put (Leviathan) next to them

SLEEP TOKEN, A Day to Remember, Spiritbox, Papa Roach, Creed

Tenacious D, Dropkick Murphys

Taking Back Sunday

Dillinger Escape Plan

BLINK 182, Architects, Turnstile, Neck Deep, Knocked Loose

Bullet for my Valentine, Mastodon

Denzel Curry

Power Trip

IRON MAIDEN, Slayer, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Coheed and Cambria

Incubus, Pierce The Veil

New Found Glory

Primus

1 hour ago, Andrinald said:

Taking Back Sunday

Dillinger Escape Plan

Denzel Curry

Power Trip

Incubus, Pierce The Veil

New Found Glory

Primus

My god, I would happily watch all 27 bands there. 

2 hours ago, Andrinald said:

Taking Back Sunday

Dillinger Escape Plan

Denzel Curry

Power Trip

Incubus, Pierce The Veil

New Found Glory

Primus

I feel Sleep Token swapping with Blink makes more more sense for ticket sales. 

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I doubt The Prodigy will play Opus with how they work that now, it was probably one of the main reasons The Prodigy turned down Download. They would be playing 8pm the latest in pure daylight, ludicrous. 

Yeah the whole Download stage/time set up is poor now I think. I suppose they are restricted by licence. 

I think they really need to move to a double main stage and stick a giant tent where second is. Keep current Avalalance and Dogtooth but improve sound bleed issues. Give people more options who to see with tents running on later against main headliners. 2023 worked only cuz it was friggin' Metallica and Slipknot. Really most headliners should be playing against at least 1 other band. 

7 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Yeah the whole Download stage/time set up is poor now I think. I suppose they are restricted by licence. 

I think they really need to move to a double main stage and stick a giant tent where second is. Keep current Avalalance and Dogtooth but improve sound bleed issues. Give people more options who to see with tents running on later against main headliners. 2023 worked only cuz it was friggin' Metallica and Slipknot. Really most headliners should be playing against at least 1 other band. 

I agree with you about the dual mainstage being ideal if they want to go down the route of booking someone like Parkway, Architects, Gojira, Evanescence, Sabaton, Within Temptation, Alter Bridge, etc. the chance to show what they can do with full production to test the waters before booking them to headline. Not that Parkway need it after their sub slot last year.

I think if you are going dual main stage with the same budget and space confines, you would get rid of the Dogtooth, to make space for people camping the dual main-stages, keep the 2nd stage as it is, but have it against the main headliner. You'd akso probably just book 11-12 bands between the two main stages on days 2-3 and 9 on day 1. I'd obviously keep Avalanche, but use it to book a mash up of the heavy stuff that would be in the Dogtooth on a day or two the same for what is in the Avalanche.

I like the idea of 2nd becoming a tent again, but think the incline of the hill would mean it doesn't work in that spot. It worked before because it was on pretty flat ground when it used to be inside the racetrack.

Also agree that there should always be an alternative to the main headliner and it looks like 4th stage is definitely running against main on Friday and Sunday this year, but think there should be another choice.

Slayer one of those bands where, if the reunion had happened six months ago, might have been tapped to play in 2024.

Anyway, Sleep Token, MCR and Iron Maiden feels like an excellent trio, barring the fact it's Maiden again. (Of course, if Maiden are onto a new history tour by then, should be a crowd-pleaser.)

13 hours ago, RedJosh said:

I agree with you about the dual mainstage being ideal if they want to go down the route of booking someone like Parkway, Architects, Gojira, Evanescence, Sabaton, Within Temptation, Alter Bridge, etc. the chance to show what they can do with full production to test the waters before booking them to headline. Not that Parkway need it after their sub slot last year.

I think if you are going dual main stage with the same budget and space confines, you would get rid of the Dogtooth, to make space for people camping the dual main-stages, keep the 2nd stage as it is, but have it against the main headliner. You'd akso probably just book 11-12 bands between the two main stages on days 2-3 and 9 on day 1. I'd obviously keep Avalanche, but use it to book a mash up of the heavy stuff that would be in the Dogtooth on a day or two the same for what is in the Avalanche.

I like the idea of 2nd becoming a tent again, but think the incline of the hill would mean it doesn't work in that spot. It worked before because it was on pretty flat ground when it used to be inside the racetrack.

Also agree that there should always be an alternative to the main headliner and it looks like 4th stage is definitely running against main on Friday and Sunday this year, but think there should be another choice.

Dogtooth is the best stage this year so I would be against it going!

Problem with running second against main is the sound bleed. It's why I think they do go double main stage they'd need to replace second with a tent.