Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

Just now, DaveRSV4 said:

It looks like a dancing "N". Like in .... "Na na na nananana nanana, hey Jude. 😉 

Yeah, I know, not gonna happen, just wishful thinking.

Then, it could be also N from "Nanananana" from MCR 🙂  Or "N" from NSYNC... Anyway, this N is weird... curious to know - hopefully soon - what it means.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Archi said:

Then, it could be also N from "Nanananana" from MCR 🙂  Or "N" from NSYNC... Anyway, this N is weird... curious to know - hopefully soon - what it means.

The way PKP has been programming the last years... it problably relates to "It goes (nanana)" from Peggy Gou   😏

(Trying no to get excited / disappointed again)

Edited by DaveRSV4

7 hours ago, DDave said:

That's an N in the last 'P' right?

Maybe they've finally rebooked Neil Young 😃

Just realised it could be a 'Heart of Gold' on that clip so maybe it's not so far fetched after all. If it is a clue to someone, it'd have to be someone relatively big to warrant a single announcement, which is why I thought it was Nicki Minaj.

5 hours ago, Martin_89 said:

They’re missing one headliner, so it’s possible!

It's their 25th anniversary and they said that this will be the biggest edition ever. From the poster it seems to be 5 days this year, but they're salling day tickets only for 7-10 August, so I imagine the 6 will just be an opening event. But maybe there will be one big name that day too?

I'm seriously thinking this Summer could finally be my chance for visiting Norway.

1 minute ago, gigi21 said:

It's their 25th anniversary and they said that this will be the biggest edition ever. From the poster it seems to be 5 days this year, but they're salling day tickets only for 7-10 August, so I imagine the 6 will just be an opening event. But maybe there will be one big name that day too?

I'm seriously thinking this Summer could finally be my chance for visiting Norway.

The main festival is four days (7-10. August), but on Tuesday (6th) there is something called Klubbdagen (Club day). Around 15-20 venues in Oslo hosts concerts (mainly small Norweigan acts) that is free for everyone with a festival pass (not day pass).

• Thanks 1

Just now, Martin_89 said:

The main festival is four days (7-10. August), but on Tuesday (6th) there is something called Klubbdagen (Club day). Around 15-20 venues in Oslo hosts concerts (mainly small Norweigan acts) that is free for everyone with a festival pass (not day pass).

Thanks, didn't know that.

@gigi21, GIGI, you who were interested last year in going to Paredes de Coura, the Director of Parede de Coura said that he will form partnerships with other European festivals to hire bands together with other festivals, the bands that are on Friday and Saturday at Pukkelpop will be on Wednesday fair at Paredes de Coura.

Edited by Daniel Ferreira
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

@gigi21, GIGI, you who were interested last year in going to Paredes de Coura, the Director of Parede de Coura said that he will form partnerships with other European festivals to hire bands together with other festivals, the bands that are on Friday and Saturday at Pukkelpop will be on Wednesday fair at Paredes de Coura.

Cool! Paredes de Coura has always matched my tastes, flights from Rome to Oporto are intensifying and I definitely have to come. Let's hope for nice new announcements soon!

First Dour names announced today. Amelie Lens (it's CDW's turn at PKP this year anyway), Bicep with their Chroma thing, Chase and Status (live), Netsky and James Blake being the main hitters. Not too many of the others I'm that bothered about, aside from Nia Archives who was unlikely to be back after playing this year.

Not holding out much hope that the new logo reveal will be anything more than that, as it would be very much out of sync with previous years, but who knows?

16 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Cool! Paredes de Coura has always matched my tastes, flights from Rome to Oporto are intensifying and I definitely have to come. Let's hope for nice new announcements soon!

Porto has many flights to Milan, when I travel to Italy, I fly to Milan then take the train...

On 12/4/2023 at 7:12 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

N for (The) National?

On 12/4/2023 at 7:31 PM, DDave said:

Playing Live is Live so ruled out.

PJ Harvey playing Rock Werchter. I think we can forget about her out too. And Jungle, The Hives and some others...

Edited by gigi21

42 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Lana Del Rey on wednesday! So she's around and available all the weekend long. Very likely now.

Yep, hard to see her anywhere else but Pukkelpop, Lowlands or Electric Picnic that weekend. Billie Eilish also did the Wednesday concert at RES last year of course.