Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

3 minutes ago, Dazrigby88 said:

when are people expecting names for Pukklepop 2024? I'm looking at either this, or Pinkpop.. both very quiet on the line-up front!

Pukkelpop is normally one of the last to announce if not the last one, even as late as April some years if I remember rightly

Last year it was February 1st, year before that was 22nd March. Normally about half the lineup is given on the 1st announcement.

6 hours ago, DDave said:

Pukkelpop is normally one of the last to announce if not the last one, even as late as April some years if I remember rightly

Last year it was February 1st, year before that was 22nd March. Normally about half the lineup is given on the 1st announcement.

Oh okay... That's sad as it's far too late for me. Hope Pinkpop have a good line-up or I might sit next year out as not many of the big festivals' line-ups are piquing my interest tbh!

First names for Rock en Seine 2024

Fred Again.., LCD Soundsystem, Maneskin, Massive Attack, PJ Harvey, The Offspring, The Smile, Blonde Redhead, Inhaler, Jungle, Olivia Dean, Roisin Murphy, Soulwax, The Hives, The Kills and Zaho De Sagazan.

A bit of these and a bit of those from Reading & Leeds and we could have a great Pukkelpop this year !

11 minutes ago, kilero said:

First names for Rock en Seine 2024

Fred Again.., LCD Soundsystem, Maneskin, Massive Attack, PJ Harvey, The Offspring, The Smile, Blonde Redhead, Inhaler, Jungle, Olivia Dean, Roisin Murphy, Soulwax, The Hives, The Kills and Zaho De Sagazan.

A bit of these and a bit of those from Reading & Leeds and we could have a great Pukkelpop this year !

Basically most of this, with QOTSA instead of Måneskin, + Lana/Pulp and a bunch of smaller interesting names and they'll have my money.

C'mon Pukkelpop!

FB_IMG_1701257542614.jpg

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Basically most of this, with QOTSA instead of Måneskin, + Lana/Pulp and a bunch of smaller interesting names and they'll have my money.

C'mon Pukkelpop!

FB_IMG_1701257542614.jpg

Zero excuses for a sh*t line up this year. Soulwax looks a cert, not sure LCD will be back anytime soon. Offspring for the daft American band we always get.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DDave said:

Zero excuses for a sh*t line up this year. Soulwax looks a cert, not sure LCD will be back anytime soon. Offspring for the daft American band we always get.

There's definitely loads of good contenders potentially available next summer but pretty sure we say that every year around this time?!?

If they can pull in Justice, Soulwax and LCD then I'll be more than happy. May well catch all of them before then anyway (got Soulwax booked for Feb and waiting on dates for the other two) but there's also quite a few others like Chase and Status, The Prodigy, Jungle and Massive Attack that might feature.

Have to say, I've been more concerned about who Lokerse and Dour book in recent years than RW so can see LCD and maybe the Prodigy going to one of them. Both of those fests can offer these type of bands headline slots, which won't necessarily be the case with PKP.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Semprini said:

There's definitely loads of good contenders potentially available next summer but pretty sure we say that every year around this time?!?

If they can pull in Justice, Soulwax and LCD then I'll be more than happy. May well catch all of them before then anyway (got Soulwax booked for Feb and waiting on dates for the other two) but there's also quite a few others like Chase and Status, The Prodigy, Jungle and Massive Attack that might feature.

Have to say, I've been more concerned about who Lokerse and Dour book in recent years than RW so can see LCD and maybe the Prodigy going to one of them. Both of those fests can offer these type of bands headline slots, which won't necessarily be the case with PKP.

Agree. Problem with all the decent bands that would normally headline elsewhere is that they get tiny crowds at Pukkelpop. Hopefully the Soulwax connection will see LCD play and have it like the National being a special headliner for the Marquee. Who knows, maybe even 2 sets and a full weekend of Despacio. I can dream lol. Realistically, Dour makes the most sense for LCD though 

I think Prodigy are the most likely  out of the ones you've mentioned. but only as a closer for QOTSA which would be a great combo. Hopefully with the Hives as a sub but it'll probably be the f**king Offspring. All oldie bands but I think we'll have at least one night of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

How much overlap is there usually between the lineups for PKP and Rock En Seine? That RES lineup is fantastic and has me heavily leaning towards going there rather than PKP this year. 

Quite a bit usually. No Strokes or Chems at Pukkelpop last year but still quite a bit of overlap. Florence, Billie Eilish, Foals, Boygenius, Turnstile, Amyl, Girl in Red, Altin Gun all at both.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Hmm maybe I should hang on for PKP then. I’m conflicted. 

Rock Em Seine was a better line up than Pukkelpop this year. Depends if Pukkelpop continue in the same direction as last year or not whether that will be the same again next year. Fairly sure LCD won't be there and Maneskin definitely won't. I'd say out of the RES list only Fred and probably Soulwax are near certs.

Edited by DDave

2 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

How much overlap is there usually between the lineups for PKP and Rock En Seine? That RES lineup is fantastic and has me heavily leaning towards going there rather than PKP this year. 

They always share some names but it's difficult to predict how many. PKP has more stages, more names and maybe more diversity. The feeling we all had is that, during the last years, PKP tried to attract more young people, pushing the pop / urban / dance / r'n'b / mainstream rock artists a bit more than the indie / experimental side, while RES kept a quite strong indie attitude. Maybe 2024 will be different? Probably not but who knows.

Plus, as the other guys said, in Belgium there's a lot of nice festivals and probably some RES names fit better elsewhere then at PKP.

The worst thing is that we won't have answers before February, March or even April.

All that said, PKP is always a good choice and and you won't get bored here. But you know, in the end I choose RES in 2023...

Edited by gigi21
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, gigi21 said:

They always share some names but it's difficult to predict how many. PKP has more stages, more names and maybe more diversity. The feeling we all had is that, during the last years, PKP tried to attract more young people, pushing the pop / urban / dance / r'n'b / mainstream rock artists a bit more than the indie / experimental side, while RES kept a quite strong indie attitude. Maybe 2024 will be different? Probably not but who knows.

Plus, as the other guys said, in Belgium there's a lot of nice festivals and probably some RES names fit better elsewhere then at PKP.

The worst thing is that we won't have answers before February, March or even April.

All that said, PKP is always a good choice and and you won't get bored here. But you know, in the end I choose RES in 2023...

We did PKP 2023 and had a blast. Always conscious of not wanting to tread old ground and RES lineup is almost tailor made for my tastes. I’m conflicted but happy in the fact that either choice will lead to me having a wonderful time. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

We did PKP 2023 and had a blast. Always conscious of not wanting to tread old ground and RES lineup is almost tailor made for my tastes. I’m conflicted but happy in the fact that either choice will lead to me having a wonderful time. 

FYI, If you're into the party side of Pukkelpop and are a bit of a night owl, RES finishes a lot earlier, it wraps up at 12.30am. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1