Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

55 minutes ago, Archi said:

Instead of still using the 2023 topic, let's start the 2024 topic 🙂 

Until this week, I was certain we gonna have Blink 182... well, not anymore.

If Travis do not catch flights, Blink 182 are out of this 100%. Not a big loss for me, but I find strange that Pukkelpop did not book them. Perfect band for their target audience.

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

If Travis do not catch flights, Blink 182 are out of this 100%. Not a big loss for me, but I find strange that Pukkelpop did not book them. Perfect band for their target audience.

Perfect for the audience. Perfect timing. Perfect headliner. It was all good... but with a tour ending in Toronto on August 15th, I can't see them playing at Pukkelpop 3 days later...

• Upvote 1

My initial guesses have been already mostly ruled out, thankfully (Olivia Rodrigo, 1975 etc) and someone said Dua Lipa will do festivals in June which might rule her out, which is a pity if true. Perfect Pukkelpop headliner. 

The only 2 bands I'm confident of being there so far are Big Thief and Protomartyr. Would imagine Idles, CDW and possibly Florence will be there as well. 

37 minutes ago, DDave said:

The only 2 bands I'm confident of being there so far are Big Thief and Protomartyr. Would imagine Idles, CDW and possibly Florence will be there as well. 

Would love it if you were right about Protomartyr - currently my favourite American band (albeit they've only assumed that role in my life following the unfortunate demise of Low last year). They were excellent when they played in Eindhoven back in August.

But what source is giving you that confidence about PKP?

4 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

Would love it if you were right about Protomartyr - currently my favourite American band (albeit they've only assumed that role in my life following the unfortunate demise of Low last year). They were excellent when they played in Eindhoven back in August.

But what source is giving you that confidence about PKP?

They're at Canela party, as are Big Thief. No real source but I'm sure I saw that Eppo is a fan and they've been booked before. 

canela_big_thief_TODOS_AZUL-1024x1024.png

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2023 at 10:08 AM, johnybegood said:

But you can't just book bands? If Blink wants to do a tour untill the 15th, there isn't much PKP can do.

On 11/7/2023 at 10:07 AM, DDave said:

Very nice start for WOW with Fred Again, Pulp, PJ Harvey, Queens Of The Stone Age already announced. QOTSA played Werchter last year, so I'd say they're likely for PKP (or GMM?) in 2024.

7 minutes ago, kilero said:

Pixies are nearby :

07/08 Luxembourg, 14/08 Finland, 21/08 United Kingdom.

Would be great but can't see it after being at Hear Hear recently and given last year's direction. I'd probably say they'll be more suited to Lokerse these days. Same goes for Pulp probably.

Early days of course but I have a feeling, despite last year's sell out, that we might be in for a more traditional set of Pukkelpop headliners next year. Past Billie Eilish and Dua I'm not sure there's many artists out there who will shift tickets on their scale for the younger crowd. Did think about Ed Sheeran whose in Serbia on the Saturday. Looking at his touring schedule it looks like he's on one long Eastern European holiday with a gig every weekend though. There's Burna Boy as well who was on the Covid line up of 2021. I reckon we may get Sam Smith. Fits the bill, has massive numbers on Spotify and is around in August. Queens of the Stone Age have got to be a certainty as is Fred Again and Florence may or may not be fulfilling her cancelled performance from last year. Think they'd have to put her up with a bigger act again as her day with the Killers sold the least out of the 3 days. Prodigy would be a good fit with QOTSA as a closer. Someone mentioned Korn wanting to do non-metal festivals so I'll stick them in as QOTSA sub as the daft US 90s band we always seem to get.  Already plenty of decent indie bands around and it would be great to get Pulp or The Pixies there but I think that's wishful thinking given the predictably empty main stage fields they would get and just the general direction the festival is going in. I just hope it's a good undercard with a strong Marquee and Club line up, I don't really want another year of giving it a miss due to the lineup.

Latest guesses, possibly a tad on the strong side though.

Florence - Sam Smith - CDW or Netsky

War on Drugs - Eminem or Post Malone - Fred Again

Korn - QOTSA - Prodigy

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, DDave said:

Pulp or The Pixies there but I think that's wishful thinking given the predictably empty main stage fields they would get

Can't we see them as possible Marquee headliners? Something like The National in 2019: a co-headliner but playing in the Marquee instead of the Main Stage. Maybe it's no more possible to have such big Marquee shows after the pandemic and the increases in concert production prices, maybe now their main goal is to attract as much young people they can... But one of the PKP things I loved most during the last decade is the possibility to attend to shows like The National, Tame Impala, PJ Harvey, Interpol, Elbow, Flaming Lips, etc... In the Marquee.

I want to dream that something like that is still possible. 

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 1

Really quiet in here this year, I think they would have to really step off the massively tik-tok orienated line-up we got this year passed for me to opt to go, sad as its a festival I saw myself going to 10+ times but I think getting older is really starting to show but on the lineup Daves went for below i'd be somewhat tempted.

19 hours ago, DDave said:

Florence - Sam Smith - CDW or Netsky

War on Drugs - Eminem or Post Malone - Fred Again

Korn - QOTSA - Prodigy