Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

38 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

What are the strongest names that could be at this festival?

From what's about so far, probably something like QOTSA, Fred Again (think those two are nailed on), Stormzy, Sam Smith possibly Lana Del Rey. Subs/High spots could be bands like Offspring, London Grammar, possibly Noah Kahan as his dates fit. I still think CDW will be one of the closers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DDave said:

Pixies also playing Lokerse, along with Future Islands. Odd them doing 2 similar sized Belgian festivals. 

anyways, all of them you mentioned are playing in Belgium in early August so they're all ruled out, not coming back again 10 days later.

On 12/10/2023 at 3:57 PM, Daniel Ferreira said:

What are the strongest names that could be at this festival?

Consider that Pukkelpop has always more than 200 names on 8-9 stages with a lot of variety and that rarely bets on a big classic name. More often they have a lot of quite big contemporay artists who usually play 75-90 minutes sets. Personally, they always convinced me with a strong undercard and lots to discover.

That said, I agree with @DDave: at this point I can see Lana Del Rey, Fred Again.., Queens Of The Stone Age + The Offspring, a couple of pop names like Stormzy, Sam Smith or some other, and a couple of dance closers (Charlotte De Witte is almost a cert).
Wondering if Pulp and LCD Soundsystem are too big and expensive to headline the Marquee (Pukkelpop second stage) like other good bands did before the pandemic or to share the Main Stage with another 2 artists, but this is probably not happening.
Also expecting a few others between Idles, Fontaines DC, The Smile, The Postal Service + Death Cab For Cutie, London Grammar, Big Thief, some others I'm less interested into and maybe a couple of surprises...
Also Soulwax are almost a cert (maybe not that big outside Belgium but they have an very strong live set... Last time I saw them was at Nos Alive 2016).
Giving the amount of good names around during August 2024 and the ticket price growing each year close to 300€, I have my fingers crossed for a very good festival this year.

I have a feeling something's gonna happen tomorrow, as they shared the new logo one week ago and the first announcement by Sziget is coming. Let's see.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

First announcement next Monday?

Screenshot_2023-12-12-18-05-44-22_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Hmm, maybe but doubt it. Someone in festileaks has spotted that the wishlist comp rules are on the PKP website, runs from 13/12 to 10/1/24. Most likely first names after that. They'll announce the start of the wishlist tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, DDave said:

Hmm, maybe but doubt it. Someone in festileaks has spotted that the wishlist comp rules are on the PKP website, runs from 13/12 to 10/1/24. Most likely first names after that. They'll announce the start of the wishlist tomorrow. 

Well, let's hope this won't rule Soulwax out...

23 minutes ago, Archi said:

Would be nice to have KoRn at Pukkelpop! But Alcatraz has still to announce 1 headliner next to Amon Amarth and Architects so it could be them.

I guess we won't have any names for Pukkelpop before February sadly...

Organisiers of Alcatraz have said that they tried to book Korn but their managemen said no, and they would be doing non metal fests. 

• Upvote 2