2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

6 hours ago, sam1981 said:

If you go to seetickets.com now and hammer f5 you'll eventually get a 'service busy' message which will last for a few seconds, but it'll go back quite quickly. 

If it's based on this only (???) then my assumption is wouldn't we see the same page and the same behaviour during the sale (i.e. It lets you go back in) 

Yes.  But if the 'fake' hold page looks the same as the 'real' hold page then unless you're very careful with your F5 rate you won't know which you've been given.

It seems to only let you back in once your F5 rate falls below 60/minute but, again, unless you know your rate is within the limit you may be stuck with it for the whole sale.

6 hours ago, lazyred said:

This isn't service busy it's a fake holding page with the 20 second countdown. 

Yes....this is what everyone needs to understand....the page you get when you refresh too quickly is the same page as the genuine 20 second 'hold' page that we all see.

If you interrogate the browser activity when you refresh too fast there is a redirect to that page when you issue 'too many requests', but given that checking for this every time you get the hold page is somewhat time-consuming in the process it's best to place all efforts into staying within the limit instead.

1 hour ago, Jacko45 said:

Why is auto refresh good?

Assume you can stop it? LOL

Don't want to be booking then it just refreshes during checkout. 

You just need to stop it manually before you start entering your reg details.

If it fires once or twice before you can you'll still get the booking page back so no great panic.

19 minutes ago, Stave_1974 said:

If I'm trying for others and get to the payment page, do I need to amend the "Billing Contact and Delivery Address" to my own when using my card?

Is it pre-populated with lead booker?

Yes, pre-populated.

You don't need to change it, it's not cross referenced against the card used.

• Thanks 1

"Magical Autofill" is dead handy - you pre-program it with you nos & postcodes then if you get to the booking page - press a key and it'll fill in all the boxes for you, click purchase and you're away - no typing them in or cut-n-paste bollocks, less than 2 seconds from seeing the booking page to being on the payments one.

I manually did the payment card stuff - just to be safe/sure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

"Magical Autofill" is dead handy - you pre-program it with you nos & postcodes then if you get to the booking page - press a key and it'll fill in all the boxes for you, click purchase and you're away - no typing them in or cut-n-paste bollocks, less than 2 seconds from seeing the booking page to being on the payments one.

I manually did the payment card stuff - just to be safe/sure.

What do you mean by press a key? I've populated the auto fill section in Chrome... do you mean that if I get through and I start to type out that first Reg No, the rest will auto fill?

No - it's a plug-in. you setup a macro you trigger by a hotkey - in my case "#1"

So when I got to the booking page I clicked in the first box and entered #1 - the macro then ran and filled in my reg no, tab, postcode, tab, next reg no, tab, postcode, tab, etc until all the boxes were filled in I checked and clicked purchase.

1 hour ago, Penrhos said:

No - it's a plug-in. you setup a macro you trigger by a hotkey - in my case "#1"

So when I got to the booking page I clicked in the first box and entered #1 - the macro then ran and filled in my reg no, tab, postcode, tab, next reg no, tab, postcode, tab, etc until all the boxes were filled in I checked and clicked purchase

which plug in though

ahhh getting nervous now about Sunday :// I've read a lot the refresh limit 30-60 p/m - does anyone know if this a thing? and its router specific - so no matter how many tabs/browsers/incognito windows it all counts towards the same refresh limit?

ah, soz - so much info flying around and we want tickets so much! so just checking if any tech folk know the craic?
Or is it just luck?? 😉

34 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Anyone else seen this different version of the extras page? I've managed to get it 3 times but appears very rarely.

newextras.jpg

Yes.....now I could be wrong but I think this is because See have switched their system back over to the servers in use before the Coach sale.

Pre-Coach sale See were advertising a single IP address via DNS, then on Thursday they switched and started advertising 5 x IP addresses (same as for 20222 sale....)....they've now today switched back to the single IP so it could be that this is a different version of the 'busy' page than on the 5 x IP servers.

14 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Yes.....now I could be wrong but I think this is because See have switched their system back over to the servers in use before the Coach sale.

Pre-Coach sale See were advertising a single IP address via DNS, then on Thursday they switched and started advertising 5 x IP addresses (same as for 20222 sale....)....they've now today switched back to the single IP so it could be that this is a different version of the 'busy' page than on the 5 x IP servers.

That doesn't explain why this particular page appears once in maybe 100 attempts, if you try refreshing the new page it reverts to the old extras page. There must be a reason this one is sent rather than the older one, I suspect this is the equivalent of a booking page and the old one a busy page, maybe See simply allow a very small percentage of traffic to try to access the real booking system, the rest are fed a dummy page.

21 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I've just deleted all cookies to do with See in the vague hope that it will help.

Most of them were from earlier in the year but there were a couple from Thursday evening. 

Yes....clearing all cache and cookies ahead of the sale is a precautionary 'must do'.

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Yes....clearing all cache and cookies ahead of the sale is a precautionary 'must do'.

Just been reading last years thread.

On 11/3/2022 at 3:55 PM, parsonjack said:

if you get it before you get on the booking page eg while you are seeing the 'busy' page, then F5 a few times and if that doesn't fix it, close/reopen your browser, if that also doesn't fix it then clear your browser cookies and cache, then close/reopen the browser. 

If you get it during your purchase eg on the registration or payment pages then hit 'Back' and then resend the page to move forward in the process again.

On 11/3/2022 at 4:04 PM, MrZigster said:

I know I'm being a bit thick and panicky here, but could someone please remind me how to do this (on Chrome and IE)?

On 11/3/2022 at 4:06 PM, Zig-A-Zig-Ah said:

Settings > Privacy and Security > Clear Browsing Data (on Chrome at least)

Just hitting "Clear all cookies" seems a bit drastic. Or do I need to do this to clear the "cache"? Can I just get away with deleting only Seetickets cookies? I'm being thick again. I know I used to know what a/the cache is.

13 hours ago, Penrhos said:

So when I got to the booking page I clicked in the first box and entered #1 - the macro then ran and filled in my reg no, tab, postcode, tab, next reg no, tab, postcode, tab, etc until all the boxes were filled in I checked and clicked purchase.

Thanks, I am trying to figure this out. Did you use a specific template type?