2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

My quick maths might be way out here, but that suggests over 2 million individuals trying for tickets. That figure seems a little high to me. If I had to guess, I reckon the successful percentage is around 25-30%

Definitely doesn't feel like it accounts for people trying on multiple devices, or people trying on behalf of friends. We always have some non-attendees who volunteer to try for us and imagine others do too.

Does anyone have a clue about the direct links for Wednesday and Thursday coaches?

Last year somebody posted these days before the sale, and they turned out to be correct!!

Wednesday
https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2023-deposits/worthy-farm/2500011 

Thursday
https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2023-deposits/worthy-farm/2500012 

18 minutes ago, hoppi27 said:

Does anyone have a clue about the direct links for Wednesday and Thursday coaches?

Last year somebody posted these days before the sale, and they turned out to be correct!!

Wednesday
https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2023-deposits/worthy-farm/2500011 

Thursday
https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2023-deposits/worthy-farm/2500012 

Quite likely to be

Weds

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2024-ticket-coach-travel/worthy-farm/3500011

and 12 for thursday.

Edited by gizmoman
messed url up x2

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

What are you basing that on? 

And what are the params at the end of the url?   Why would it be 35 this year? 

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

What are you basing that on? 

And what are the params at the end of the url?   Why would it be 35 this year? 

Thanks 

Wish I hadn't bothered! pita trying to get the new link to show correctly. However, it's based on previous years where they have just moved up by a digit, if you try the old links it comes up with "this event is now in the past" if you try a random number such as

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2024-ticket-coach-travel/worthy-farm/5500011

you will get an "event not found" response, if you try the link I posted it will revert to the extras page rather than an error which would suggest it may well be a valid link. (I could well be wrong though!)

12 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Wish I hadn't bothered! pita trying to get the new link to show correctly. However, it's based on previous years where they have just moved up by a digit, if you try the old links it comes up with "this event is now in the past" if you try a random number such as

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2024-ticket-coach-travel/worthy-farm/5500011

you will get an "event not found" response, if you try the link I posted it will revert to the extras page rather than an error which would suggest it may well be a valid link. (I could well be wrong though!)

Ah, I see - thank you. 

25 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

that looks like a resale link , the deposits like has the word deposits in it somewhere i think ?

Yeah i messed up while trying to post the link and ended up editing it wrong, should be

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2024-deposits/worthy-farm/3500011

thing is the links still seem to work as long as the code is correct.

14 minutes ago, nowyouregideon said:

The bit I always panic at is when details are entered and you click through to the next page and freezes. Refresh the blank page orbgo backwards and forwards/click through again?

I’ve had the page hangs once after entering payment details, pressed back, and reentered details, that worked.  If it doesn’t work I reckon it’s back to the beginning. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, enquirer said:

I have heard somewhere that only a certain number of devices can attempt to get tickets under 1 IP. If I have 3 people, each using 2 devices in the same house and on the same wi-fi, will this be efficient?

It's not known for definite but it's a reasonable certainty that each device will be seen by See as distinct even where they may be sharing the same IP.

To minimise any risk try to split connections between WiFi and 4/5G as much as you can do.

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ve had the page hangs once after entering payment details, pressed back, and reentered details, that worked.  If it doesn’t work I reckon it’s back to the beginning. 

This happened to me a couple of times, thankfully on the 3rd/4th time it said “this reference number has already purchased tickets” at that point I stopped screaming and shouting in anger and started screaming and shouting with excitement!

as a 1st timer this year this process was terrifying! 

Edited by lendan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lendan said:

This happened to me a couple of times, thankfully on the 3rd/4th time it said “this reference number has already purchased tickets” at that point I stopped screaming and shouting in anger and started screaming and shouting with excitement!

Yeah it’s pretty nerve shredding but does reward persistence . Don’t think those nerves ever dissapear …. I wonder if anyone has ever filmed the sale or would that be losing a valuable device . 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lendan said:

Yes, the time it happened to me I didn’t know we had got tickets until the e mail confirmation arrived

After last sale - make sure you use a debit card you know works with your banking app - got caught out with that one last year.....

Will be 100% using the one I know worked for Springsteen tickets a couple of weeks ago...

Also doesn't hurt to run a manual "windows update" today so it doesn't try kicking off during the sale tomorrow.

I've also added seetickets.com to my "trusted sites" in ublock origin and a couple of other apps I've got as extensions in chrome.

Edited by Penrhos
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I see the bbc have just put ten tips to get glastonbury tickets on their news website. The secrets are out😊😉

I had a rather encouraging conversation today with the cashier in our coop.  No Worthy Cheddar on the shelves so I asked if there was any stashed away, and mentioned the competition. He told me with some certainty that he was going to buy a ticket. Turned out he'd been organised enough to register, but was completely unaware of when the sales are!

9 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

I had a rather encouraging conversation today with the cashier in our coop.  No Worthy Cheddar on the shelves so I asked if there was any stashed away, and mentioned the competition. He told me with some certainty that he was going to buy a ticket. Turned out he'd been organised enough to register, but was completely unaware of when the sales are!

So the big question is did you tell him?

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

You sure he just wasn’t bluffing in case you didn’t know the sale dates either?!

Ive only ever got the coach once from Newcastle, I'd prefer to get a train. 

Just noticed the single coach journeys. So you can get a one way coach from Taunton or Bristol and you get a ticket as well?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Ive only ever got the coach once from Newcastle, I'd prefer to get a train. 

Just noticed the single coach journeys. So you can get a one way coach from Taunton or Bristol and you get a ticket as well?

Yes you get the ticket too, these sell out even faster though as it's basically en route for most people so a very popular first or second choice if the coach is sold out from your home town, and you don't have to fork out for return journey. Always worth a go though!