2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

10 minutes ago, DonalMallon said:

Has the 60 per minute refresh limit been lifted? I have seen on threads you can test this out all year round by trying on https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras. To test I set it refresh every 0.5 seconds, yet I don't seem to be blocked or see the holding page people have mentioned before

I wouldn’t risk it. One device on Wi-Fi, one device on 4G. Steady refresh on both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonalMallon said:

Has the 60 per minute refresh limit been lifted? I have seen on threads you can test this out all year round by trying on https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras. To test I set it refresh every 0.5 seconds, yet I don't seem to be blocked or see the holding page people have mentioned before

It's still there.  Perfectly possible that even at 0.5 sec rate network congestion is sufficient enough to dump some of your attempts and keep you below the limit.

Personally...not risking it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who listened to the latest podcast and has sent me positive messages. So humbling, really touched.  

Best of luck for tomorrow and I hope the pointers help you and your mates have a successful Thursday/Sunday.

For those who asked who I am/was on the forum.  I'm March Hare.  Been here for years

Edited by Festival Sounds Podcast

9 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who listened to the latest podcast and has sent me positive messages. So humbling, really touched.  

Best of luck for tomorrow and I hope the pointers help you and your mates have a successful Thursday/Sunday.

For those who asked who I am/was on the forum.  I'm March Hare.  Been here for years

Ah I did not know that!  Did I meet you briefly on the Monday before gates opened this year?  Or have I got my usernames muddled?

Great podcast 🙂 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Ah I did not know that!  Did I meet you briefly on the Monday before gates opened this year?  Or have I got my usernames muddled?

Great podcast 🙂 

Haha, yes, by the circus tent and Glastonbury Free Press.  Yes, that was me and my mates were the ones who appeared on the volunteering episode.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

Haha, yes, by the circus tent and Glastonbury Free Press.  Yes, that was me and my mates were the ones who appeared on the volunteering episode.

Thank you!

I haven't listened to that one yet but I will later!

Keep up the good work. 

I'll give you a share on my socials 🙂 

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

I haven't listened to that one yet but I will later!

Keep up the good work. 

I'll give you a share on my socials 🙂 

That's really kind, thank you.  Trying to do something different and give voices to people who would not ordinarily get to tell their festival story.

On 10/30/2023 at 9:32 PM, Pinhead said:

All the IPs will change on the day. My advice dont manually add these to hosts. Wait until the day and whats ublished here. Tbh modifying your hosts is if anything a risk deending on what see do on the day.

Just in case, can you remind me where to find my hosts file on Windows Vista? (I know). I think I've asked this question every year since the 2012 great hosts file hack. I'm even more forgetful and technically illiterate a decade later.

17 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I'd say put the see tix url in your whitelist in the browser as well so it can use whatever cookies, scripts etc that it wants unimpeeded.

Again. Technically illiterate. What's a whitelist and where may I find it? Running chrome and android.

5 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Last year we had a link to a version of the ticket page which obviously wasn't live, but it could be used to check reg details were entered correctly and to set up autofill...is there one for this year?

No I don’t think there has been.

It was active for a sort of pre-sale for friends of the festival in past years. Maybe they just haven’t done one this year, or did it via a different method.

6 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Last year we had a link to a version of the ticket page which obviously wasn't live, but it could be used to check reg details were entered correctly and to set up autofill...is there one for this year?

Ive not found one and the wizard who shared it last year has been quiet this year. 

31 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Just in case, can you remind me where to find my hosts file on Windows Vista? (I know). I think I've asked this question every year since the 2012 great hosts file hack. I'm even more forgetful and technically illiterate a decade later.

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, czuk said:

Worth mentioning that on current versions of Windows, you will need to run whatever editor you use as administrator to be able to write any changes.

Yes. I remember that from 2012. There were detailed instructions on here. Best. Hack. Ever. Can't see it ever happening again though. I live in hope.

On 10/30/2023 at 12:36 PM, parsonjack said:

The best/safest strategy is to have as many devices as you can on different connections, and therefore different IP addresses eg. 1st laptop on wifi, 2nd laptop on /5G mobile hotspot, 3rd laptop on another 4/5G hotspot etc.

The true risk to folks using shared wifi is not fully known but it is likely that separate devices on shared wifi are actually seen as different connections by See (even though using same IP address...) and that the risk of breaching the limit is therefore mitigated.

Safest approach is above, or a mix at best.

Thanks, that was helpful! To share some knowledge, my boyfriend and I conducted a little experiment where we each refreshed the page 31 times each within a minute. We were both sent to the busy page. Think we will have a mixture of hotspots and WiFi.

The See Tickets page is still directing users to the busy page if you exceed 60 clicks in a minute so best to keep below this.

The only thing winding me up at the moment is that one of our group members doesn't want to go from London (it's a totally feasible option in terms of accommodation/starting our Glasto journey from there) - now is not the time to be picky!!!

28 minutes ago, Cw91 said:

Space is still there when I check my details after entering email. 

Will wait and see....have to get to the details page 1st....can panic then

Yea same here I know for U.K. postcodes they changed it a few years ago so it wasn’t space dependent, I’m not sure if that applies to all. But the best way to implement it is to strip out spaces and then compare. 

5 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Yea same here I know for U.K. postcodes they changed it a few years ago so it wasn’t space dependent, I’m not sure if that applies to all. But the best way to implement it is to strip out spaces and then compare. 

Do you only get one shot to enter details? So if its proves to be an issue can we try again removing space?

8 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

My misses didn't put in the space and there's no space when she checks details....so I'm leaning towards keeping the space in mine there if we get to details page