Rock for People 2024

Flick22

First announcement for this festival tomorrow at 10am.

I have noticed Avril Lavigne is playing Hurricane so I'm sure Avril will be announced at a later date.

I loved this festival last year, it was like a food, beer and music festival all in one. 

Edited by Flick22

Must be someone pretty big if it's the only name they're announcing tomorrow. Most likely Blink-182, I can't think of any other possible name. Maybe Rammstein if the Download rumour is true? Hopefully, it won't be someone like BMTH or Avril as that would be quite underwhelming as a first announcement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Must be someone pretty big if it's the only name they're announcing tomorrow. Most likely Blink-182, I can't think of any other possible name. Maybe Rammstein if the Download rumour is true? Hopefully, it won't be someone like BMTH or Avril as that would be quite underwhelming as a first announcement.

With the idea of Blink 182 doing Reading next year, obviously we don't know for sure but if that's correct, they won't be playing Rock For People.

Getting Travis over here once in a year is a nightmare, let alone twice.

7 hours ago, northernangel said:

With the idea of Blink 182 doing Reading next year, obviously we don't know for sure but if that's correct, they won't be playing Rock For People.

Getting Travis over here once in a year is a nightmare, let alone twice.

Travis flys now but I agree, they’ll do early or late summer and think they’ll do late summer. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Travis flys now but I agree, they’ll do early or late summer and think they’ll do late summer. 

I'd be surprised if they came over here in October and then back in early June. I think they could make it over for Werchter though as that's first weekend July and finish at Reading. Plenty of options for them there.

14 hours ago, Newjem said:

No, doesn't fit the festival.

Ed Sheeran doesn't fit the festival but it would be great booking in terms of size as he is quite hard to get and he sold out two huge open air concerts in Prague. So festival would have new audience. 

I wouldn't be that surprised if next headliners would be him, Avril Lavigne and some random mediocre headliner.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Ed Sheeran doesn't fit the festival but it would be great booking in terms of size as he is quite hard to get and he sold out two huge open air concerts in Prague. So festival would have new audience. 

I wouldn't be that surprised if next headliners would be him, Avril Lavigne and some random mediocre headliner.

You mean to make RfP a copy of Hu/So? 😉

I am sure booking team can do better and book something more diverse/interesting (no criticism to Hu/So, I am sure it's a great festival but with a slightly different audience I guess).

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

Knew thought it would be Bllink today. I reckon BMTH will do an Edens Sessions show and probably come back to Glastonbury as well. They've done Download and they aren't an IOW band. They could however headline Slam Dunk if their size increases again.

Or a possible own show like they’re doing on tour in Asia, like a APE style show in Doncaster or something. 

8 hours ago, Ferda said:

You mean to make RfP a copy of Hu/So? 😉

I am sure booking team can do better and book something more diverse/interesting (no criticism to Hu/So, I am sure it's a great festival but with a slightly different audience I guess).

No I didnt mean that, because I dont know what Hu/So means 😀

my hypothesis was based on fact that its not impossible nowadays to book big european headliner for RfP as both Slipknot and Muse were really expensive, combining budget for them would allow to reach high tier of headliner (in case of three days).

Although it doesnt give much sense to book that size of head because of limited area (Hurricane has 80k capacity, RfP 35k) except of shout that they managed to book tier A headliner + bring new audience to the fest. They rather like to play it safe with old and known names.

bmth was obvious choice, little disappointed that they didnt wait and didnt announce batch of names instead of one mediocre, although requested one.

curious for next names..

Edited by lukatej

3 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Hi everyone, never been to Rock for People before and thinking of going for the first time this year, what's the situation with camping? Does the festival ticket include camping like the UK? or do you pay extra for this? website isn't too clear.

Camping isn't included, you need to buy it separately.
Basic camping is comfortable and clean, you can even find a good spot to watch main stage performances without leaving it.

Does this mean you do not have to buy a tent? is there already a pitch there with tent set up for you?

8 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Camping isn't included, you need to buy it separately.
Basic camping is comfortable and clean, you can even find a good spot to watch main stage performances without leaving it.

13 hours ago, 19liam75 said:

Does this mean you do not have to buy a tent? is there already a pitch there with tent set up for you?

There are many options. The cheapest one (€40 or so) includes only a camping spot, you need to bring your own tent. More expensive provide different types of already set up tents. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, 19liam75 said:

There are may accommodation options - basic camping (pretty good compared to may other festivals I've been to), glamping incl. pre-pitched tents, hotel packages, etc. The tickets for these should go on sale in next few weeks.