Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

15 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Really want this to happen as it’d be a fun way to start the weekend. I assume they still play all the bangers of old…

Having seen them a few times they play Buck Rodgers, JTWIF & Just a day every gig.

They 100% will also drop in the lead singles for some of there mediocre more recent albums. Yet even on their own tours these songs are poorly received. 

As a band they seem very irritable about people not listening as much to more recent stuff but as a fan of theres they perhaps need a reality check that the reason people are not listening to those albums is that they are just not very good. 

Mind you......   sometimes Glastonbury brings something different out of acts and they put there best possible self out there. 

The Manics also insist on the a similar thing to Feeder however at Glastonbury last year they disregarded the last 10-15 years of recording and just did the songs people want to hear. 

Edited by Ben7amin_

2 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Having seen them a few times they play Buck Rodgers, JTWIF & Just a day every gig.

They 100% will also drop in the lead singles for some of there mediocre more recent albums. Yet even on their own tours these songs are poorly received. 

As a band they seem very irritable about people not listening as much to more recent stuff but as a fan of theres they perhaps need a reality check that the reason people are not listening to those albums is that they are just not very good. 

Mind you......   sometimes Glastonbury brings something different out of acts and they put there best possible self out there. 

The Manics also insist on the a similar thing to Feeder however at Glastonbury last year they disregarded the last 10-15 years of recording and just did the songs people want to hear. 

Having lambasted some acts the other day for their attitude, have heard the Feeder pair have a pretty good reputation, so that is an interesting thing.

This support slot from last year highlights the point though. Needs a little more hit ratio, though that being said, they are nominally touring said record.

This show from the greatest hits tour was bloody terrific.

15 hours ago, On The Blend said:

Surely in the Year of our Lord 2024, Elbow will not get a sub slot? R&L basically have Lana Del Rey subbing, would be a bit of a clanger if Glasto get Elbow.

LDR is a headliner... she doesn't do subbing.  She's gets very upset when she's not on the top line. 

And at least Elbow turn up on time and play their full set. 

/salty

Just now, stuie said:

LDR is a headliner... she doesn't do subbing.  She's gets very upset when she's not on the top line. 

And at least Elbow turn up on time and play their full set. 

/salty

Lana Del Rey only catches headline spots, indeed. It's why she wears masks made of mesh netting during pandemics.

(She had an excuse, but that's what it sounded like - an excuse.)

3 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Lana in shambles rn 

1296F588-408F-4953-BB1C-AA3CB6404DE5.jpeg

I don't think she will due to contractual matters - and the fact that without a good reason, it's clearly just pettiness - but did wonder if she might bounce.

Fortunately, The 1975 will go just as well into Fred Again..

58 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Having lambasted some acts the other day for their attitude, have heard the Feeder pair have a pretty good reputation, so that is an interesting thing.

This support slot from last year highlights the point though. Needs a little more hit ratio, though that being said, they are nominally touring said record.

This show from the greatest hits tour was bloody terrific.

Yeah that's a cracker. 

For me given as open act they would get about 10 songs I'd love this

1 - Feeling A Moment

2 - Insomnia

3 - Just The Way I'm Feeling

4 - Yesterday Went Too Soon

5 - High

6 -  We Can't Rewind

7 - Comfort In Sound 

8 - Buck Rodgers

9 - Come Back Around

10 - Just A Day

Fully aware it cuts out some albums out and it was painfull to not fit Pushing The Senses in but hey it's a fantasy pick. 

Silent Cry & Generation Freakshow have some good moments but I just don't feel even the best bits of those albums hold up to the first 5 albums  

3 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Yeah that's a cracker. 

For me given as open act they would get about 10 songs I'd love this

1 - Feeling A Moment

2 - Insomnia

3 - Just The Way I'm Feeling

4 - Yesterday Went Too Soon

5 - High

6 -  We Can't Rewind

7 - Comfort In Sound 

8 - Buck Rodgers

9 - Come Back Around

10 - Just A Day

Fully aware it cuts out some albums out and it was painfull to not fit Pushing The Senses in but hey it's a fantasy pick. 

Silent Cry & Generation Freakshow have some good moments but I just don't feel even the best bits of those albums hold up to the first 5 albums  

Add Seven Days in the Sun to this and we’re on to a winner. What a tune. 

29 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I don't think she will due to contractual matters - and the fact that without a good reason, it's clearly just pettiness - but did wonder if she might bounce.

Fortunately, The 1975 will go just as well into Fred Again..

Honestly, if she's so bothered about where she plays on a lineup, I would recommend that she checks where she's going to play on the lineup before agreeing to the booking...

6 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Honestly, if she's so bothered about where she plays on a lineup, I would recommend that she checks where she's going to play on the lineup before agreeing to the booking...

I do wonder how much money is done to sway her. The R+L case was at least sold as a headline job, but no idea how she thought she was outright headlining Glastonbury, as it seemed to be.

13 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Let's go fantasy!

Feeling a Moment
Shatter
Pushing the Senses
Come Back Around
Insomnia
Comfort in Sound
Just the Way I'm Feeling
Seven Days in the Sun
Borders
10 High
11 Buck Rogers
12 Just a Day

Borders is a criminally underrated late-era slice of power pop.

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Interesting. I only know those 4 tracks but wasn't sure if that was enough to go on for booking a ticket to their upcoming show at Oxford O2.

19 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Let's go fantasy!

Feeling a Moment
Shatter
Pushing the Senses
Come Back Around
Insomnia
Comfort in Sound
Just the Way I'm Feeling
Seven Days in the Sun
Borders
10 High
11 Buck Rogers
12 Just a Day

Rock solid setlist that, could maybe tweak the order but it would go down a storm. Have Feeder played since 2003?

24 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Let's go fantasy!

Feeling a Moment
Shatter
Pushing the Senses
Come Back Around
Insomnia
Comfort in Sound
Just the Way I'm Feeling
Seven Days in the Sun
Borders
10 High
11 Buck Rogers
12 Just a Day

Shatter, what a belter. Haven't heard that one for a good long while.

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Other headliner?

Don't think so

Their sub spot in 2019 was already a push

WH / Other sub / 3rd pyramid is where they should be really

---

Lana's billing at Reading is as a 'headliner' so its not really subbing even though it is to an extent.

She'll have been paid a lot better than glasto!

57 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Interesting. I only know those 4 tracks but wasn't sure if that was enough to go on for booking a ticket to their upcoming show at Oxford O2.

You will know Feeling a moment & Pushing the sense as well the riffs were all over TV

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

Lana's billing at Reading is as a 'headliner' so its not really subbing even though it is to an extent.

She'll have been paid a lot better than glasto!

My favourite kind of headline billing. And yeah, I imagine she's probably top dollar, or second behind Blink-182 for the festivals.