2024 headline speculation

airwaves

1 hour ago, sadimmock said:

It would feel like quite an “Odd”Saturday evening (especially if all of the other stages are closed). It doesn’t seem quite right for £230… 

Could she do the Thursday headline or is that slot too small? Please let it happen one way or another!

Edited by edwinizza

16 minutes ago, edwinizza said:

Could she do the Thursday headline or is that slot too small? Please let it happen one way or another!

Her last UK gig was EOTR 2016. Just her being announced for Kilby Block Party has caused a huge amount of excitement - it got its own Pitchfork story even though she isn't headlining. There's absolutely no chance of her being on Thursday.

9 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Her last UK gig was EOTR 2016. Just her being announced for Kilby Block Party has caused a huge amount of excitement - it got its own Pitchfork story even though she isn't headlining. There's absolutely no chance of her being on Thursday.

She came over just for that one appearance in 2016, right?

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

I love EOTR but why not reveal the date for the announcement? I mean, they must know!

given they posted the teaser poster like they did in previous years i imagine the date will be sometime next week and announced at some point this week what the specific day will be

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Any of the second line bands could headline. Decemberists?

Yo La Tengo headlining for a fourth time (and one sub)?

11 hours ago, Hurray4theWhiffWhaff said:

Hoping we get the bands that should’ve played but never did…the festival that never was….

big thief

emma Jane thackray

moor mother 

les filles de illighadad

wunderhorse

mc yallah & debmaster

Gabriels

nala sinephro

I do think a few of these could play but Emma-Jean Thackray is taking time off music, we don't know if Yallah's visa issues have been cleared up (or even readdressed), Gabriels were around last year and didn't play, and Les Filles de Illighadad have split up apparently (according to their management) because their singer and songwriter was put into an arranged marriage to someone who wanted her to stop at home.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RustySpanner said:

Surely Decemberists and Sleater Kinney now nailed on.

Hoping that means Wednesday will hang around too.

Wednesday's dates line up better with Green Man, but if I was a betting man I'd say Decemberists, Sleater-Kinney, Big Thief and Lankum headline with Yo La Tengo as sub or Garden headliner.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Wednesday's dates line up better with Green Man, but if I was a betting man I'd say Decemberists, Sleater-Kinney, Big Thief and Lankum headline with Yo La Tengo as sub or Garden headliner.

I would take that in a heartbeat. But in recent years I've tried not to get my hopes up concerning the headliners 

Think Sleater Kinney, Lankum, Slowdive, and Big Thief sounds about right and very good for headliners. 

Big slots likely for: Mdou Moctar, Baxter Dury, The Decemberists, Nation of Language, James Holden and Fat White Family.

Predicting Two Shell for one of the late night DJ Big Top acts. 

On 1/31/2024 at 1:46 PM, zahidf said:

Tweet and posts from BoTW announcing this has been taken down...

Too early?

Yep, I think someone at BoTW messed up. I contacted the Barbican and they confirmed the shows are booked with tickets likely to go on sale in the next couple of weeks. 

2+2 = 5, but I think this isn't to take the gloss of an EOTR announcement next week.

10 hours ago, allpointsnorth said:

Yep, I think someone at BoTW messed up. I contacted the Barbican and they confirmed the shows are booked with tickets likely to go on sale in the next couple of weeks. 

2+2 = 5, but I think this isn't to take the gloss of an EOTR announcement next week.

Surely Magnetic Fields aren’t going to play again so soon, particularly as they are a big act for EOTR. 

If we’re getting someone playing the Barbican around EOTR, then please let it be Cornelius!

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

Fontaines DC at Reading/Leeds put them in contention

Think they're a bit too high up the bill to still be within EOTR's reach.

However, Confidence Man have snuck in down the R&L line-up - they played Green Man, Forwards and Electric Picnic last year so if they're around for longer there's really only the one accommodating festival left.