2024 headline speculation

airwaves

Simon's albums of the year: https://www.instagram.com/p/C0uBsgbtZNF/

ANONHI, Blur, CASISDEAD, Charlotte Cornfield, Craven Faults, Fever Ray, Golden Dregs, Joanna Sternberg, John Francis Flynn, Kassi Valazza, King Krule, Lana Del Rey, Lankum, Lemon Twigs, Lisa O'Neill, Mandy Indiana, mark william lewis, Mitski, Nation Of Language, Overmono, ØXN, PJ Harvey, Sleaford Mods, Slowdive, Squid, Sufjan Stevens, Tirzah, Yo La Tengo

Usually a handful in these lists that play the following year. Nation Of Language are in the UK the previous weekend on the bill of LCD Soundsystem's All Points East day.

6 minutes ago, JimiC999 said:

Ah fair enough, I'm quite ignorant on band's standings ......... funnily enough, I think I've seen them 3 times, 2 indoor, incredible, 1 outdoor, it was a bit wishy washy .........

Good analysis and now I think about it, exactly same here.

Shame am seeing them outdoors next year…

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

WS: Big Thief // Squid 
GS: Lankum
BT (post-headliner): Oneohtrix Point Never

WS: Fontaines DC // Baxter Drury
GS: Weyes Blood
BT (post-headliner): James Holden

WS: PJ Harvey // The Lemon Twigs 
GS: Mdou Moctar. 
BT (post-headliner): Protomartyr 

That would do, provided you can fix the the Big Thief/Lankum clash. Is it a guess or do you have any insider knowledge?

Edited by TheMerryPig

9 minutes ago, TheMerryPig said:

That would do, provided you can fix the the Big Thief/Lankum clash. Is it a guess or do you have any insider knowledge?

A complete guess, although somewhat based on acts that are around (Big Thief, PJ, James Holden, Mdou Moctar, Fontaines, Protomartyr, Baxter Dury). 

Edited by lessthanwill1

On 12/19/2023 at 11:43 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

WS: Big Thief // Squid 
GS: Lankum
BT (post-headliner): Oneohtrix Point Never

WS: Fontaines DC // Baxter Drury
GS: Weyes Blood
BT (post-headliner): James Holden

WS: PJ Harvey // The Lemon Twigs 
GS: Mdou Moctar. 
BT (post-headliner): Protomartyr 

This is the exactly the sort of speculation I need right now, even if it’s slightly over-optimistic.  Any news on Thursday headliners? I was thinking something like Lambchop or Yo La Tengo.  Or Sleater-Kinney 😊

Edited by Hurray4theWhiffWhaff

25 minutes ago, Hurray4theWhiffWhaff said:

This is the exactly the sort of speculation I need right now, even if it’s slightly over-optimistic.  Any news on Thursday headliners? I was thinking something like Lambchop or Yo La Tengo.  Or Sleater-Kinney 😊

Sleater-Kinney have just been added to Paredes de Coura two weeks earlier, as has Cat Power. They were actually someone I thought of as a potential headliner but it depends how long they're around for, I don't believe they have any other European 2024 dates announced yet.

EDIT: they were also on Simon's original wishlist as linked on the first page.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Sleater-Kinney have just been added to Paredes de Coura two weeks earlier, as has Cat Power. They were actually someone I thought of as a potential headliner but it depends how long they're around for, I don't believe they have any other European 2024 dates announced yet.

EDIT: they were also on Simon's original wishlist as linked on the first page.

Cat Power has played before (the Animal Collective year), so she won't be the one being ticked off the list this year.

50 minutes ago, Hurray4theWhiffWhaff said:

I was going to say that YLT have done the Thursday headline slot in the past couple of years but it was actually 2018. Seems much more recent than that.

That said, I'd be surprised if they were back so soon. As headliners anyway

• 2 weeks later...