Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

On 10/26/2023 at 3:50 PM, zak_khanna said:

They won’t be doing latitude two years in a row 

On 10/26/2023 at 4:04 PM, northernangel said:

They did latitude. I always had them down as victorious as they like nastolgia bookings

whoops! 🙂 

57 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sam Smith booked. Not sure what size he is as not my area of music, main head? Sub? Second stage head?

they would be a very out there booking for Victorious. seems unlikely

IOW have put up a REALLY strong line up there. I don't understand why Victorious haven't gone for Pet Shop Boys as headliner before and surely they will in the future now. 

The subs Streets former Victorious headliner (although they never should have been that high) and Simple Minds are strong, but Keane as sub, they weren't even that level in their prime imo. 

Darkness, Crowded House, Suede, Nothing But Thieves, Blossoms all big acts on the undercard. 

On a whole, it's not really my cup of tea. Like for Prodigy and Green Day fans there's not a lot else similar to them AT ALL. It's very IOW and middle of the road, which is a shame or I'd have been tempted. 

I'm so torn about IOW. The crowd was just so weird this year and it's been the only festival I had some pinch points I felt scared in (due to the sea of camping chairs rigth at the front and that weird thin field), but those are three of my fave acts. 

I'm guessing Blink are going to be at R+L, and with Green Day at IOW, leaves me hopeful for a US act for Victorious. Mumford obviously paid off from them this year and a lot of people I know who never do the festival came. 

I'd LOVE something pop punk like Avril or Fall Out Boy, it was always a super popular genre in Pompey anyway. Liam would be amazing as well. Not fussed by Florence, I saw her tonnes when she was starting out in pubs etc. 

15 hours ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

Pulp, Kings Of Leon and Liam G for this I think? KOL probably the big sunday headliner

need need need IDLES this year, I still can't believe victorious haven't had them yet

This would be a very very big lineup for them

LG is defo the bigger name than KOL at the moment in the uk btw

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gfa said:

This would be a very very big lineup for them

LG is defo the bigger name than KOL at the moment in the uk btw

Can't see all 3 of the above.   2/3 maybe.  Remember last year Jamiroquai headlined one day and he is a relatively cheap booking.  Two big guns, one hand pistol again I reckon.  Pulp, Noel G, Snow Patrol (based on no intel)

14 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Can't see all 3 of the above.   2/3 maybe.  Remember last year Jamiroquai headlined one day and he is a relatively cheap booking.  Two big guns, one hand pistol again I reckon.  Pulp, Noel G, Snow Patrol (based on no intel)

2/3 of those would be doing very well

KOL, Pulp and someone else maybe

i'd argue Pulp SP and NG is a big gun and two hand pistols as well based on victorious's recent growth

Edited by gfa

Have done the last two years with the wife and have absolutely loved it... mainly came as we was big Sam Fender fans so it was another chance to see him.. decided to stay the whole three days and was hooked... its a great festival... although headlines (for us) far weaker this year we probably had a more enjoyable time... never bothered with Jamiroquai (not for us) so stayed in the Indie tent having great fun with Indie tribute bands and then when Mumford headlined we stayed with the genius that is Johnny Marr.  The undercard is what has made it for us the last two years... The Enemy, Blossoms, Libertines, Charlatans, Pale Waves, Bombay Bike Club, James, Friendly Fires, Primal Scream, Wombats, Nothing but Thieves, The Reytons, Ben Howard, Inspirals, Vaccines, Hard Fi and the quite superb Sigrid have been worth the entrance money alone... so not overly bothered re headliners (only watched the excellent Kasabian last year)... but... if I had a choice ... if one of Ashcroft, Liam, Green Day or Wolf Alice gets booked I'll be more than happy... roll on August 2024.

Edited by HarryHammer

16 hours ago, HarryHammer said:

Have done the last two years with the wife and have absolutely loved it... mainly came as we was big Sam Fender fans so it was another chance to see him.. decided to stay the whole three days and was hooked... its a great festival... although headlines (for us) far weaker this year we probably had a more enjoyable time... never bothered with Jamiroquai (not for us) so stayed in the Indie tent having great fun with Indie tribute bands and then when Mumford headlined we stayed with the genius that is Johnny Marr.  The undercard is what has made it for us the last two years... The Enemy, Blossoms, Libertines, Charlatans, Pale Waves, Bombay Bike Club, James, Friendly Fires, Primal Scream, Wombats, Nothing but Thieves, The Reytons, Ben Howard, Inspirals, Vaccines, Hard Fi and the quite superb Sigrid have been worth the entrance money alone... so not overly bothered re headliners (only watched the excellent Kasabian last year)... but... if I had a choice ... if one of Ashcroft, Liam, Green Day or Wolf Alice gets booked I'll be more than happy... roll on August 2024.

Green Day is a IOW exclusive btw

On 11/5/2023 at 8:34 AM, Mcbatesman said:

Green day are festival exclusive to IOW according to this

Screenshot_20231105-083321.png

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

Green Day is a IOW exclusive btw

Indeed. Plus there's the fact that they're doing Wembley on Glasto Saturday.

I like the idea of them doing a surprise slot but with such loud noises about them being an IOW exclusive, I don't see it.

5 hours ago, charlierc said:

Unquestionably. I'm not sure KOL sold all their tickets to their UK tour last year, but it was a shorter run than what Gallagher is doing.

KOL would be a good fit for Victorious tbf.

The issue with this is even though they've fell off they would still command a chunky fee and Victorious out of all of Superstruct festivals book the most big names out of all of them, with this I mean 3 main headliners, 3 large subs, 3 Castle headliners, 3 early afternoon acts, then sizeable 3rd down main and castle subs. That right there is 18 acts. Then they have quite a lot of name acts throughout the 2 main stages and even started to book decent names on other stages.

Compare it to say Boardmasters who have no way near the depth but they will spend on headliners more.

Until Victorious struggles selling without BIG headliners I don't think they'll start doing it. A UK name like Pulp is more likely, I think they just get outbid on the US names. But who knows eh.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, luckysalt said:

The issue with this is even though they've fell off they would still command a chunky fee and Victorious out of all of Superstruct festivals book the most big names out of all of them, with this I mean 3 main headliners, 3 large subs, 3 Castle headliners, 3 early afternoon acts, then sizeable 3rd down main and castle subs. That right there is 18 acts. Then they have quite a lot of name acts throughout the 2 main stages and even started to book decent names on other stages.

Compare it to say Boardmasters who have no way near the depth but they will spend on headliners more.

Until Victorious struggles selling without BIG headliners I don't think they'll start doing it. A UK name like Pulp is more likely, I think they just get outbid on the US names. But who knows eh.

That's a fair counterpoint tbf. KoL may not be Glasto/R&L level anymore but still did an 8-show arenas run last year along with Boardmasters so they'll have fans, so likely booking them would mean skimping on the undercard for their day. I believe they're meant to be returning with new material next year, which likely means more shows than just the two they did in Wrexham last summer as part of Ryan & Rob's promotion party. Not appeared yet on any of the festivals I might've thought they'd do, mind.

As Pulp are around next year, they feel like they could be in play tbf.

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

That's a fair counterpoint tbf. KoL may not be Glasto/R&L level anymore but still did an 8-show arenas run last year along with Boardmasters so they'll have fans, so likely booking them would mean skimping on the undercard for their day. I believe they're meant to be returning with new material next year, which likely means more shows than just the two they did in Wrexham last summer as part of Ryan & Rob's promotion party. Not appeared yet on any of the festivals I might've thought they'd do, mind.

As Pulp are around next year, they feel like they could be in play tbf.

I think we're due a Pulp and a Florence. I'd love to see KoL again. 

However, this year just gone was one of the weakest in terms of the lineup so far, but was actually by far my favourite year so far.