Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

Over the weekend, me and a group of friends who go to Victorious were talking about what we would like to see at the festival (Not specific bands etc) 

Things that came up were, Real ale tent to come back, silent disco to come back, Circus to come back for the kids, Dance tent/stage.

So I thought I asked everyone, what would you like to see at the festival, not that it will happen as I have nothing to do with Victorious, but someone from Victorious may see!

11 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

Indie Disco tent like the have at truck and other superstruct events

However unlikely as these dont start until 11pm and go on until 2am which i dont think they can do due to the location

Strongbow yard used to be until at least midnight, but agree unlikely to be able to do late night due to proximity to residents. I would love something like the Strongbow yard for a dance and to get away from main stages for a bit. 

The silent disco was awesome by the pyramids. I suspect it’s just too expensive and people ruin it by walking off with headphones / breaking stuff. Would love it to come back.  

The thing I would like to see return is 10p refund for returning beer cups. My kids used to love collecting and making some money (£30 a day easily) and I could watch the bands. Also helps keep the place tidy. 

I would really like a real ale area to come back. As we do have some really nice breweries like Urban Island and Staggeringly in Portsmouth. 

I hoping it may come back once the seaside stage comes back, as the D-Day car park was the real ale area with a small stage.

Cup/rubbish collection by kids was awesome, and definitely kept rubbish down.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going Pulp, Noel and The Prodigy with Pulp the one that only does Victorious and Glastonbury as festival shows. It's probably way too strong but then only 1 or them is capable of doing their own bigger outdoor shows now and Victorious had Sam Fender when he was doing so. With the festival now reaching 70k+ and the surge in pricing the money is there.

Liam Gallagher touring next June doing Definitely Maybe.

Summer festivals after? Maybe (definitely?)

There’s already been some sort of conversation between Victorious and him on Twitter / X (and the festival hardly ever has conversations on socials) 

Given they have already had Noel it’s got to be a possibility? 

1 hour ago, rseamer said:

Liam Gallagher touring next June doing Definitely Maybe.

Summer festivals after? Maybe (definitely?)

There’s already been some sort of conversation between Victorious and him on Twitter / X (and the festival hardly ever has conversations on socials) 

Given they have already had Noel it’s got to be a possibility? 

I think Liam is probably too big now for Victorious, he's massively bigger than any headliner they had this year. 

On 10/13/2023 at 4:33 PM, northernangel said:

I'm going Pulp, Noel and The Prodigy with Pulp the one that only does Victorious and Glastonbury as festival shows. It's probably way too strong but then only 1 or them is capable of doing their own bigger outdoor shows now and Victorious had Sam Fender when he was doing so. With the festival now reaching 70k+ and the surge in pricing the money is there.

Sam Fender was massively on the up - he also did 20k truck that year etc as they all booked him cheap then he got huge

I think those 3 is quite optimistic

LG is probably possible but Victorious won't be his priority and so other shows could rule him out.

7 hours ago, gfa said:

Sam Fender was massively on the up - he also did 20k truck that year etc as they all booked him cheap then he got huge

I think those 3 is quite optimistic

LG is probably possible but Victorious won't be his priority and so other shows could rule him out.

More than quite lol, but Prodigy are due a return an Noel is going to do those to get headline.

3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Just popped in to tell you guys 

Pulp have been announced for the Superstruct owned Oya festival in Norway in August.

Make of that what you will...

I've predicted Pulp for this for a while, I think Way out West in Sweden that same period of Oya will stop Pulp doing Boardmasters. My feeling is they'll do Victorious as the act they have which all the other superstruct don't and play Glastonbury being the only two English dates at least festival wise.

I predicted a while back Pulp, Noel and The Prodigy as headliners which is likely a tad strong.

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

I've predicted Pulp for this for a while, I think Way out West in Sweden that same period of Oya will stop Pulp doing Boardmasters. My feeling is they'll do Victorious as the act they have which all the other superstruct don't and play Glastonbury being the only two English dates at least festival wise.

I predicted a while back Pulp, Noel and The Prodigy as headliners which is likely a tad strong.

I don't think Pulp suit Boardmasters booking policy at the moment to be honest.

Could see them at Latitude to add to that trio + something up north, maybe Lytham

2 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Pulp would be the biggest act victorious have secured so far. Fingers crossed the superstruct links to Oya turn out to be true. 

Pulp + Noel + prodigy would be best victorious of all time. With price increases it’s possible. 

I didn't even know there were links lol. The Prodigy are well over due to given Noel did his own outdoor shows last year, a run of festivals next year is likely.