Truck Festival 2024 Festival

Jack01825

On 1/27/2024 at 11:32 AM, Tonybyates said:

Yeah, I could be wrong, but looking at the poster and where the band names are on it, I’ve got a feeling someone will come in between Soft Play and Wet Leg 🤔 

I think it's a great clashfinder! I really hope there is one more big name, I feel like that Saturday needs a bit more oomph! I'd like The Vaccines, but they're probably too big to main support Wet Leg

21 minutes ago, welshindie said:

I think it's a great clashfinder! I really hope there is one more big name, I feel like that Saturday needs a bit more oomph! I'd like The Vaccines, but they're probably too big to main support Wet Leg

No luck with The Vaccines as they played last year.

29 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

The early birds were nearly £140 this for this year once all the fees were added..this is my confirmation..

image.png.f4a37da1e27d7804961fe9211a27bbee.png

Not to forget it’s the instalment plan which adds a bit on too. Wasn’t planning on selling it here anyway, either on Twickets or the official exchange when and if it opens. 

On 1/29/2024 at 10:05 AM, gooner1990 said:

The early birds were nearly £140 this for this year once all the fees were added..this is my confirmation..

image.png.f4a37da1e27d7804961fe9211a27bbee.png

On 1/29/2024 at 10:36 AM, 3Dimensions said:

Not to forget it’s the instalment plan which adds a bit on too. Wasn’t planning on selling it here anyway, either on Twickets or the official exchange when and if it opens. 

I wasn't doubting the price just planning to wait until a £99+fees one goes onto the resale platform - as people said happened last year 🙂 

On 1/27/2024 at 11:10 AM, Franky said:

Yo peeps, my first time going to Truck Festival this year, do they have any issues with bringing trollys? Thing stays inside my tent anyway once it's up so I can't see an issue?

Cheers

No you'll be fine, I've brought one for 3 years in a row! But be careful with that bloody hill on entry, mine tipped over. And going back up the hill in the rain last year on the very hungover monday morning almost killed me.

To note, if it looks like you have too much alcohol in the trolley/ or its hard to see into, and you get one of those very busy-body security staff, they will make you unwrap all the clingfilm and check it manually. Happened to my mates queue last year, whereas we got straight in as ours was unwrapped and clear to see. However as mentioned above, when my trolley tipped down the hill we lost a lof of coke and monster cans! 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2024 at 4:18 PM, wackamole said:

No you'll be fine, I've brought one for 3 years in a row! But be careful with that bloody hill on entry, mine tipped over. And going back up the hill in the rain last year on the very hungover monday morning almost killed me.

To note, if it looks like you have too much alcohol in the trolley/ or its hard to see into, and you get one of those very busy-body security staff, they will make you unwrap all the clingfilm and check it manually. Happened to my mates queue last year, whereas we got straight in as ours was unwrapped and clear to see. However as mentioned above, when my trolley tipped down the hill we lost a lof of coke and monster cans! 🤦🏻‍♂️

They are doing their job, of course, but sometimes, you wonder how much pleasure security derives from these situations.

I had some Jakeman's cough sweets taken off me for the O2 Academy in Leeds the other night. Never had that before.

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2024 at 3:18 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

They are doing their job, of course, but sometimes, you wonder how much pleasure security derives from these situations.

I had some Jakeman's cough sweets taken off me for the O2 Academy in Leeds the other night. Never had that before.

Yes granted they are. But we have all dealt with the powertrip staff. One female manager saved me from a bad spot in Drumsheds as she used to be a chemist. She stopped her junior colleage from throwing away some anti stomach problem medication. I thought: "Yeah mate I'm sneaking in the hard stuff in sealed pharmacy blister packs"

He said "no drugs make it in here"... okay sure whatever fantasy land you want to live in lmao, I just don't want an upset stomach after dancing all day and feeling bad after eating your shite overpriced food ahahahh

• 4 weeks later...

Are we assuming that we’ve got all 3 subheadliners including the kooks? I could see Declan McKenna easily being one but sea girls feel too small for that slot to me. 

The sugababes are appearing a lot over the summer so potential for them too maybe. Scouting for girls are playing the Thursday at Y Not, so that’s possible. Also, reckon example could be there too, possibly in the late night spot? 

57 minutes ago, CS2110 said:

Are we assuming that we’ve got all 3 subheadliners including the kooks? I could see Declan McKenna easily being one but sea girls feel too small for that slot to me. 

The sugababes are appearing a lot over the summer so potential for them too maybe. Scouting for girls are playing the Thursday at Y Not, so that’s possible. Also, reckon example could be there too, possibly in the late night spot? 

Truck don't really book acts like sugababes and scouting for girls

18 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

Truck don't really book acts like sugababes and scouting for girls

Very true! I was struggling to see who else is on the circuit and also didn’t play last year.

Looks like we’ll find out next week judging off the email they’ve just sent!

24 minutes ago, CS2110 said:

Very true! I was struggling to see who else is on the circuit and also didn’t play last year.

Looks like we’ll find out next week judging off the email they’ve just sent!

Yeah I know what you mean, maybe they are just gunna bump sea girls up to sub

4 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Yeah I know what you mean, maybe they are just gunna bump sea girls up to sub

Sunday Main Stage is already

The Streets, The Kooks, Sea Girls, so I think they’ll be third down.

I’m anticipating a sub for Saturday still to be announced, with Soft Play third down.

Friday with Jamie T, Declan McKenna and HH seems a good fit 

On 2/29/2024 at 10:23 PM, Tonybyates said:

Sunday Main Stage is already

The Streets, The Kooks, Sea Girls, so I think they’ll be third down.

I’m anticipating a sub for Saturday still to be announced, with Soft Play third down.

Friday with Jamie T, Declan McKenna and HH seems a good fit 

Oh have they announced some day splits?

3 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

Yes, for the main 3 stages.

check the “listen to audio description of lineup” link on the lineup page of the Truck website 🙂

Why don't they just blooming update the poster with it if they are going to do that 🤣

• Like 1