Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

3 hours ago, JB3 said:

I’ve got a few questions if some of you fine Glasto goers could help me out with please.

My daughter and her friend have Avalon volunteer places and I have a general admission ticket.

I’m travelling down on the Tuesday to drop them off.

1. Where is the Avalon staff camp site and where would be best to drop them off?

2. What time does the car parking open (pink/orange) by gate D?

Cheers

Avalon I think is inside the festival, if so they'll be told somewhere specific to go to get a wristband. Probably near gate A. 

And cat parks open from Tuesday 9pm officially but I'd imagine there's some sort of work round where you could drop them off early afternoon as staff. 

5 hours ago, JB3 said:

I’ve got a few questions if some of you fine Glasto goers could help me out with please.

My daughter and her friend have Avalon volunteer places and I have a general admission ticket.

I’m travelling down on the Tuesday to drop them off.

1. Where is the Avalon staff camp site and where would be best to drop them off?

2. What time does the car parking open (pink/orange) by gate D?

Cheers

I think Avalon camping is just outside the festival, by Gate B. This is an old map but I don’t think they’ve moved.

IMG_0451.png

17 minutes ago, DJL said:

I think Avalon camping is just outside the festival, by Gate B. This is an old map but I don’t think they’ve moved.

IMG_0451.png

Think that's definitely old, just checked the crew camping maps from 22 and it was down by orchard but actually outside the fence. 

Screenshot_20240503-223210.png

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the info all. 

Does anyone know if you can take a car into the camper van fields? It would be handy if I could get close to Gate C.

5 hours ago, JB3 said:

Thanks for the info all. 

Does anyone know if you can take a car into the camper van fields? It would be handy if I could get close to Gate C.

Pretty sure not allowed, I’ve certainly never seen that happen. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Think that's definitely old, just checked the crew camping maps from 22 and it was down by orchard but actually outside the fence. 

Screenshot_20240503-223210.png

9 hours ago, ilovelanegan said:

Avalon Camp is here, I believe! 

image.thumb.png.a33bc03e875a3d533134f32a17068bd8.png

Thanks for correcting me both, now I know where I am going and understand when people say it’ll be noisy till morning! A pretty good spot to get to most of the site though.

21 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

A question we've been debating, do you have to go back to the oxfam campsite at the end of your shift or can you just go straight to a stage?

Unless your shift starts in the oxfield then you can head off once you're replaced and signed out with the supervisor 

Counting down the days to get back on site! Can anyone confirm where the entrances are for the crew bars at acoustic, Silver Hayes  and West Holts, or has a detailed map from 23 (seen the tube map but did not help for finding the entrances!) Managed to visit the rest of the bars last year except T&C and hoping to visit them all this year 

1 hour ago, thewomble said:

How strictly “passport style” does the photo I upload to Oxfam need to be? E.g Will a photo of my top half against a white wall be fine? Need to get it done today! 

That what I have done, basically a selfie against a white wall 👍

53 minutes ago, D W said:

Counting down the days to get back on site! Can anyone confirm where the entrances are for the crew bars at acoustic, Silver Hayes  and West Holts, or has a detailed map from 23 (seen the tube map but did not help for finding the entrances!) Managed to visit the rest of the bars last year except T&C and hoping to visit them all this year 

West Holts is right by the stage. Just behind to the right hand side   SH is opposite Lonely Hearts

12 hours ago, JB3 said:

Thanks for the info all. 

Unless it's towing a caravan and is displaying a campervan pass you won't be allowed entry. The field closest to the gate is E21 is reserved for live in vehicles only. Entry is strictly for East Forward Accessible Campervan Field, friends of the Eavis family and some staff are permitted but you must have the relevant accreditation issued by the festival, if you don't have this then no you can't. 

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

Unless it's towing a caravan and is displaying a campervan pass you won't be allowed entry. The field closest to the gate is E21 is reserved for live in vehicles only. Entry is strictly for East Forward Accessible Campervan Field, friends of the Eavis family and some staff are permitted but you must have the relevant accreditation issued by the festival, if you don't have this then no you can't. 

Cheers for the info SC 👍

4 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

Just completed my Oxfam training.  Very informative and excellently presented.  Bring on the festivals!

Still waiting for our final training session as stewards - they had no spaces before the deadline earlier in the week left for the Zoom "live" training course, fortunately some new slots came up on Thursday. Was having a bit of a panic as our team was only put on the site 3 days ago!

Have to do 5 or 6 courses for stewarding total.

22 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Still waiting for our final training session as stewards - they had no spaces before the deadline earlier in the week left for the Zoom "live" training course, fortunately some new slots came up on Thursday. Was having a bit of a panic as our team was only put on the site 3 days ago!

Have to do 5 or 6 courses for stewarding total.

Who are you stewarding with? 

54 minutes ago, stuie said:

Who are you stewarding with? 

GFEL - To be honest, the training has been really good that I have done so far, just our team was drafted in quite late in the day so it's been a bit of a scramble to get everything sorted.

Really looking forward to seeing the festival from the other side though, and looks like it is going to become a permanent thing for us (both the wife and I are working together). No more panic for tickets every year will be absolute bliss if it all comes together for us!

1 minute ago, buddiepaul said:

I agree about volunteering being permanent.  If it a good experience, and I enjoy it, I can see myself making sure I have priority access, and volunteer from now onwards.

It's an ideal situation for us - we live close enough for Sunday locals tickets but not for the full tickets sadly. But it does mean it's no big deal for us to start earlier in the week as 20 minutes from the site roughly.

On 5/2/2024 at 7:49 PM, Jay Pee said:

I meant to do that last year but got leathered on the Tuesday night and got to bed at 4 and loving  the quiet lush green festival site.

Went for a wander Wed lunch to a very different place 😉 

The Tuesday night last year I went to sleep around 1:30 am then back up at 4am to watch the sun rise over the stone circle (it was solstice ) , wandered along a totally empty railway track , grabbed a smoothy from a guy just setting up and went and chilled at the sign - you could hear from up there various cheers from outside gates - i watched the gates open , the site fill up and then wandered back to my tent for a few hours rest before back out when the site was a lot fuller 🙂 

very special memories 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2