BST 2024

stanh

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

What exactly makes twee 90s Irish folk/sh*t pop hybrid The Corrs a perfect fit to support one of the greatest musical talents of all time?

Easy. The likelihood that 90% of people who are buying tickets also own one of their albums.

On 1/26/2024 at 10:44 PM, incident said:

No - if the dates posted are accurate, then BST pans out like this:

Fri 28 June - Stevie Wonder
Sat 29 June - SZA
Sun 30 June - Kings of Leon

Fri 5 July - Andrea Bocelli
Sat 6 July - Robbie Williams
Sun 7 July - Shania Twain

Fri 12 July - Stevie Nicks
Sun 14 July - Stray Kids

Plus one other, presumably (but not necessarily) on the 13th.

These dates are correct so far

I was looking at volunteering at this, cos at the end of your shift you can head into the golden circle nonsense and get a decent view for essentially a free gig. But the only one i'd even think about seeing would be Stevie Nicks, its significantly slim pickings otherwise (Stevie Wonder apart obvs, who i've already seen a couple of times) 

Does anyone have any knowledge about presales v general in terms of ticket release? I have some Stray Kids presale general entry but I really want gold circle. Last year same thing with Bruce and so when I eventually got some gold circle I resold my general. But Bruce is easy to resell. Stray Kids will be tough I imagine. Do they have vastly more gold circle during general sale?

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

what a dire line up this year. Are BST targeting people - especially mums and daughters - who don't much like music but like the idea of going to a 'festival'?

They always have.

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

what a dire line up this year. Are BST targeting people - especially mums and daughters - who don't much like music but like the idea of going to a 'festival'?

'I don't like it so it's not music' is certainly a take.

She's just off the back of a successful UK arena tour last year, I'd be surprised if this didn't sell well which is the ultimate aim of any music business. 

Edited by Rusty Spoon

11 minutes ago, jr1312 said:

The others have already been listed earlier in the forum

If the earlier leak is true, we’ve still got Stevie Wonder, SZA, Kings of Leon, and Stevie Nicks to be announced, as well as a possible fifth currently unknown act, so the act being announced next Friday could be any of those.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Corporate hospitality. Plus large section of the general public who only do live music one or twice a year, but spend big when they do.

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

If the earlier leak is true, we’ve still got Stevie Wonder, SZA, Kings of Leon, and Stevie Nicks to be announced, as well as a possible fifth currently unknown act, so the act being announced next Friday could be any of those.

Trying to read between the lines on the wording (and so maybe reading too much in to it), I think the implication here is that the act being announced on Friday next week will be the one act we don't yet know.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, incident said:

Trying to read between the lines on the wording (and so maybe reading too much in to it), I think the implication here is that the act being announced on Friday next week will be the one act we don't yet know.

f**k sake, I completely missed that this was the person with the info I was replying to. Yeah, this is obviously what’s happening, ignore my idiot self. 

9 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

What exactly makes twee 90s Irish folk/sh*t pop hybrid The Corrs a perfect fit to support one of the greatest musical talents of all time?

Do we play the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme for this being near-immediately followed by the revelation that's what's going on?

8 hours ago, jr1312 said:

The final act being announced next Friday apparently

If that list is right and Kings of Leon are doing this, rumour on their fan Reddit is that they're releasing a new single in 2 or 3 weeks time. So it could well be any announcement of them doing this and any other shows is being held back until then.

7 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I was looking at volunteering at this, cos at the end of your shift you can head into the golden circle nonsense and get a decent view for essentially a free gig. But the only one i'd even think about seeing would be Stevie Nicks, its significantly slim pickings otherwise (Stevie Wonder apart obvs, who i've already seen a couple of times) 

Don't get to go into golden circle... i volunteered for Bruce last year, tried to blag my way in, got turned away, but then pegged it in behind security guard's back when they were checking others wristbands.

• Upvote 1