What lifted your spirits at Glasto 2023?

kalifire

Just now, Justcalledtosay said:

You missed the performance of the weekend Skip. Glad it lifted your soul though 😘

If one can't stand 99% of what an artist sings, then it's impossible for that artist to give "the performance of the weekend" (to that person).

But on a more serious note, I'm sure several bands/artists gave a higher quality performance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

If one can't stand 99% of what an artist sings, then it's impossible for that artist to give "the performance of the weekend" (to that person).

But on a more serious note, I'm sure several bands/artists gave a higher quality performance.

Regardless of who was “better”, I just hope everybody there was vibing.

If you were at Elton, Rudimental, QOTSA, doesn’t matter as long as we were all having fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Regardless of who was “better”, I just hope everybody there was vibing.

If you were at Elton, Rudimental, QOTSA, doesn’t matter as long as we were all having fun.

They certainly were at Rudimental. A typical West Holts Sunday night party vibe.

Sharing the festival with newbies - took three along this year, and just watching them explore and be amazed by the scale and variety was pretty uplifting. I guess it was the same as what people say about seeing things again for the first time through kids' eyes.

ADG7 on the Friday afternoon - very good fun letting some shapes out to their tunes, and by the looks it, the same for them. 

Moth espresso martinis at the tent on my birthday morning (and quite frankly every morning) - thanks to whoever first recommended them. Spot on. 

Rina - an unexpected surprise when I arrived for CATQ. As Woodsies was running late I got to see most of her show, and was blown away by the staging and her energy. 

Atmosphere at Reg.

All in all, a bloomin' good 2023 all round.

Cassetteboy v. DJ Rubbish on Sunday at The Glade.

Every Glastonbury, by Sunday morning, the late nights etc. have well and truly caught up with me, but I know it's the last day so feel duty-bound to get out and make up for a week's worth of time wasted at the tent recovering from hangovers and hiding from the heat etc.  So you spend the morning wandering around trying to live your best life when, being honest, you'd rather be slumped in front of YouTube.  But every year, I get to The Glade feeling like there must be something wrong with me, and every year Cassetteboy manage to articulate my cynicism and despair at the idiocy of humanity for an hour, whilst somehow weaving all the horror into an upbeat comic group-hug.  Every year, I arrive feeling alienated from the world, and leave feeling absolute love for a crowd of people who detest all the same bullshit that I do.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Cassetteboy v. DJ Rubbish on Sunday at The Glade.

Every Glastonbury, by Sunday morning, the late nights etc. have well and truly caught up with me, but I know it's the last day so feel duty-bound to get out and make up for a week's worth of time wasted at the tent recovering from hangovers and hiding from the heat etc.  So you spend the morning wandering around trying to live your best life when, being honest, you'd rather be slumped in front of YouTube.  But every year, I get to The Glade feeling like there must be something wrong with me, and every year Cassetteboy manage to articulate my cynicism and despair at the idiocy of humanity for an hour, whilst somehow weaving all the horror into an upbeat comic group-hug.  Every year, I arrive feeling alienated from the world, and leave feeling absolute love for a crowd of people who detest all the same bullshit that I do.

i missed it for the first time in probably about 10 years this year .... must get back to the tradition next year 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

i missed it for the first time in probably about 10 years this year .... must get back to the tradition next year 

Likewise (had to drop daughter off with OH) but probably first time I’ve missed them in years. 

My highlight ~ as night was falling watching my nearly 8 year old freestyle dancing under the Arcadia spider (who she’s more than a little in love with) just absorbed in her own world (ear defendered up with swirly wing cape), with her own dance moves. Thinking how is she going to top this at 16? Where as we just had a soggy Joe Bananas blanket stall to dance about (I mean it was brilliant at the time, but!) 

• Like 3

Bloody Mary’s and Frozen Cocktails

Each morning we’d wake up, shower, grab breakfast and a brew. 

Then when head was back in the game enough to start drinking, we’d grab BM or cocktail to kick things off. 

Top start to the day. 

The bearded guy who happened to stand next to me while watching Kelis.

Had the decency to ask if I was ok as I was alone and looking concerned.  I was fine and dandy just my mates were sat at the back chilling and I wanted to watch a bit closer. My resting bitch face drew his attention.

He was a genuinely nice fun loving chap and we had a great chat about our day.

Thanks to whovever you are and hope you got your cider from the car.  Which is pretty much all the specifics I remember.

CMAT was the perfect remedy to my seshed head early on Sunday, last of my Black Russian mix helped too

Also after flagging at Blondie, was walking back to my tent for a pitstop and Becky Hill singing Afterglow on the Other Stage perked me right up!

On 7/9/2023 at 8:05 AM, kalifire said:

I posted elsewhere about some of the struggles I experienced at this year's festival, but there were plenty of golden moments as well, many of which had a really positive impact on my time there. I though it would be nice to have a thread about the stuff that helped made your festival better this year.

- As always, the lock up crews. They always seem so genuinely friendly and down to earth. A pleasure meeting with them every time.

- The cynicism I saw several youngsters have towards the street performers. Maybe it just made me nostalgic to live in the UK, but I enjoyed their indifference.

- The crew in the mocktails van up by T&C. They always seemed to have such positive energy whenever I passed.

- The DJ playing tunes before Rick Astley on the Pyramid. I needed Scooby Snacks and Reverend Black Grape more than I could possibly have realised.

- Elton John. In a very mixed year for me, Elton was nothing but transcendent and made everything worthwhile.

Thursday .. West Holts . the annual sit down and drink Perry . all of a Sudden a song came on from the main speakers  ." I can't even remember the song" but all I can remember was that it was the most perfect song at the most perfect time. 

thinking back it May have been Toto Africa, don't quote me on that , I had been foraging for mushrooms all day 

59 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Thursday .. West Holts . the annual sit down and drink Perry . all of a Sudden a song came on from the main speakers  ." I can't even remember the song" but all I can remember was that it was the most perfect song at the most perfect time. 

thinking back it May have been Toto Africa, don't quote me on that , I had been foraging for mushrooms all day 

It definitely happened.