9 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I'm out of touch with modern music in this country these days, never mind abroad. But surely we aren't looking at a Khruangbin sub set here are we? Very odd placement on the poster

I agree! For me, it would be extremely weird if Khruangbin and Sum 41 are subbing the main headliner since Khruangbin played in the afternoon in Klub C in 2019 and Sum 41 played around lunch in 2022. 

16 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I'm out of touch with modern music in this country these days, never mind abroad. But surely we aren't looking at a Khruangbin sub set here are we? Very odd placement on the poster

Odd indeed. We might still get a sub but that would push Avril to 4th down which seems… very low. 

Unless she’s headlining the Barn.

But that would not make sense as she’s a perfect 7-8pm act for that Saturday in my opinion.

Edited by VCF

13 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I agree! For me, it would be extremely weird if Khruangbin and Sum 41 are subbing the main headliner since Khruangbin played in the afternoon in Klub C in 2019 and Sum 41 played around lunch in 2022. 

Yeah very strange indeed. I feel like perhaps they're headlining Klub C or the Barn and they've been put here to reflect that?

9 minutes ago, VCF said:

Odd indeed. We might still get a sub but that would push Avril to 4th down which seems… very low. 

Unless she’s headlining the Barn.

But that would not make sense as she’s a perfect 7-8pm act for that Saturday in my opinion.

Totally, agree, Avril as 3rd down is a great booking. Perhaps a weak sub but considering how infrequently she tours/plays but it could be viable. 7-8pm when the beer is just starting to hit and we're all shouting the lyrics to 'Sk8r boi' though...

What do you think about big names we can expect to be announced this or next year? I guest we have at least 3 slots for main / sub-headliners

I'm interested specifically in Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Tame Impala, Massive Attack and Nine Inch Nails

20 minutes ago, Yuri said:

What do you think about big names we can expect to be announced this or next year? I guest we have at least 3 slots for main / sub-headliners

I'm interested specifically in Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Tame Impala, Massive Attack and Nine Inch Nails

It's hard to predict any more large names for 2024, you'd think we should get more but there don't seem to be many others touring.  Green Day and Smashing Pumpkins are out based on tour dates, Tame Impala and NIN don't seem to be touring, while Massive Attack seems possible/likely.  Something medium like Arcade Fire or KOL would be more likely.  Pearl Jam seem like they will only be doing Mad Cool and NOS next year.  I think 2025 will be a huge year for headliners after how poor 2024 options are.

Edited by Hammerfest
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yuri said:

It’s been mentioned but I think only Massive Attack has a realistic chance out of those for one reason or another. 

Pearl Jam tour comes out Monday apparently so we’ll see if they’re here then, but as it’s been suggested it feels like Werchter might be looking at the likes of Arcade Fire, KOL, QOTSA again to make fairly solid days of two or three bigger bands at the top of the main stage rather than a mega headliner each day

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

The best case scenario for me in terms of co-headliner is if we got Queens of the stone age, Massive Attack or Arcade Fire. One of the co-headliners might be wasted on Sam Smith though. 

Forgot about him, I’m praying that if he was going to be here he would be in the Barn opposite Foos or something 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

That Sunday looks weak, Friday looks ace for me. I'd take Lenny. Dua Lipa and Avril. I think Glastonbury will have a good 7 of these at least.

Sunday is already sold out so no doubt why they haven’t added too much to it yet. looking at the lineup I’m ok with missing out on Glasto tickets 

15 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

The best case scenario for me in terms of co-headliner is if we got Queens of the stone age, Massive Attack or Arcade Fire. One of the co-headliners might be wasted on Sam Smith though. 

Not a fan of Smith either, but I do have to say it's still a bit weak on big pop names though. Apart from Dua Lipa, there's not much else. I would expect one or two big main stage names within that genre. Would die for Lorde subbing Dua Lipa or Maneskin. 

About Parkway Drive, their booking agency announced them at 4pm yesterday on Instagram (that's how I discover RW announced new names) but the time I look on RW post and go back there, the post was cancelled. It stays just a few minutes. I guess they were supposed to be announced yesterday but something changed. Sadly I don't have screenshot about it.

6 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

That Friday looks like it misses 2-3 really big names. As it stands now on of the wordt RW days I've ever seen. 

Only 1 big name missing for that day I think: sub on Main Stage between Maneskin and Sum 41. We can compare this day with the Saturday in 2022.

Imagine Dragons                   Maneskin
Twenty One Pilots                 TBA
Anne-Marie                            Sum 41
Yungblud                                Yungblud   
Maneskin                                Simple Plan
Nothing But Thieves              TBA

If it's true, it's great to see Turnstile at Graspop. Many bands were possible for both. Electric CallboyTurnstileLimp Bizkit, Bad OmensSum 41... If the get 4 of 6, it's great (even if it sucks they didn't get Bad Omens).

Edited by Archi