17 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I would love to see Jungle appear at Werchter, have they ever played it before? They’re doing Beyond the Pale in June and have a gap until Manchester on the 11th July so not impossible. They have a European tour booked for this October and November but don’t have anything booked in Belgium.

What do people think the chances are?

They played before (2015 I think) and they're playing in a 5000+ capacity venue in Belgium this November so why not? Can definitely see them at  KluB C \Barn, although I didn't check if they're available this summer.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I didn't check if they're available this summer.

Their only announced shows so far for next summer are:

• Auckland, NZ - May 15th
  • Melbourne, AUS - May 17th
  • Brisbane, AUS - May 19th
  • Sydney, AUS - May 21st
  • Beyond the Pale Festival, IRE - Jun 21st
  • Manchester, UK - Jul 11th

So definitely a gap that Werchter could fill. 

20 hours ago, VolkIreland said:

You can keep Lizzo. No, thank you. 

Yeah, no shade on her particular form of entertainment, but every additional non-rock headliner leans this festival closer to being... every other festival. We don't need that. Keep bringing young acts up at 4pm and giving them a stage, but don't spend $1m of the festival's money on somebody you can see at every other festival. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/5/2023 at 12:23 AM, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Foo Fighters/Bring Me The Horizon

Green Day/Blink-182

Depeche Mode/Greta Van Fleet

Dua Lipa/Lizzo

half prediction half wish list but I'd certainly be pleased.

Honestly prefered to see BMTH headline Graspop instead of having another high spot at Werchter

With Rock Am Ring giving lot of first names on November 2nd... Foo Fighters maybe... wondering if we gonna have some names at RW too that day and/or week. Hopefully yes! 

11 minutes ago, Archi said:

Honestly prefered to see BMTH headline Graspop instead of having another high spot at Werchter

With Rock Am Ring giving lot of first names on November 2nd... Foo Fighters maybe... wondering if we gonna have some names at RW too that day and/or week. Hopefully yes! 

I would think BMTH are unlikely for graspop as they are playing in Germany twice on the graspop weekend. 

28 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

I would think BMTH are unlikely for graspop as they are playing in Germany twice on the graspop weekend. 

The Shouthside/Hurricane is on 3 days starting on Friday, Graspop starts on Thursday and has 4 days. Not headliners but bands like Enter Shikari and Billy Talent played the 3 festivals (Southside/Hurricane on Friday-Saturday) then Graspop on Sunday. 

I remembered in 2018, Avenged Sevenfold headlined CopenhellGraspop and Hellfest 3 days in a row with their big production. If it's doable for them, it's doable for BMTH too. If they want to. From Hurricane to Graspop, it's only 450km. 

But let's talk about it on the GMM topic.

2 hours ago, Archi said:

The Shouthside/Hurricane is on 3 days starting on Friday, Graspop starts on Thursday and has 4 days. Not headliners but bands like Enter Shikari and Billy Talent played the 3 festivals (Southside/Hurricane on Friday-Saturday) then Graspop on Sunday. 

I remembered in 2018, Avenged Sevenfold headlined CopenhellGraspop and Hellfest 3 days in a row with their big production. If it's doable for them, it's doable for BMTH too. If they want to. From Hurricane to Graspop, it's only 450km. 

But let's talk about it on the GMM topic.

I could definitely see a BMTH/Blink 182 day at Werchter, given how well their day in 2017, and the reunion hype. 

I would love to see National but not sure they're suited as a main stage headliner. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sparticus said:

I could definitely see a BMTH/Blink 182 day at Werchter, given how well their day in 2017, and the reunion hype. 

I would love to see National but not sure they're suited as a main stage headliner. 

I can't see Blink returning to close after subbing in 2017 even if their ticket prices have doubled in that time

Edited by Aech2ElectricBoogaloo

8 hours ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

I can't see Blink returning to close after subbing in 2017 even if their ticket prices have doubled in that time

I can't ever see anything at Werchter beating that run of Linkin Park, SOAD Blink. They were essentially 3rd down unless you count the top two as co-headliners? They all had different set lengths though. It's the year I wish i did Werchter but it's just to close after Glastonbury recovery and committing to a European Festival too. I'm kinda coming off my camping days haha

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, northernangel said:

I can't ever see anything at Werchter beating that run of Linkin Park, SOAD Blink. They were essentially 3rd down unless you count the top two as co-headliners? They all had different set lengths though. It's the year I wish i did Werchter but it's just to close after Glastonbury recovery and committing to a European Festival too. I'm kinda coming off my camping days haha

Don't forget Jimmy Eat World as well! Such a good run! 

Bumped into 2 lads from Iran in the pit and some way, somehow they had a bottle of Paddy on them. I'll never forget it. 

Edited by VolkIreland

On 10/6/2023 at 8:18 PM, SonicSleuth said:

Yeah, no shade on her particular form of entertainment, but every additional non-rock headliner leans this festival closer to being... every other festival. We don't need that. Keep bringing young acts up at 4pm and giving them a stage, but don't spend $1m of the festival's money on somebody you can see at every other festival. 

A bit weird to say this, actually. I am not against bands like Muse or Green Day or RHCP, but doesn't booking those bands make your festival more like any other festival than -lets say- Dua Lipa or Lana Del Rey (who rarely play(ed) festivals like this)? Again: I do like (love) rock music, but it's exactly these older headliners that make a lineup a bit like any other festival from the last 20 years.  

You may not like them, but it was Stromae / Stormzy that made the last RW lineup a bit more unlike other editions (whereas Arctic Monkeys, Muse, RHCP, QOTSA all played it many, many, many times and where a bit 'been there, done that'). 

I'm all for having a good guitar driven band that have never headlined the festival before though (like Tool 2019 and The Strokes 2020).

Edited by matrainertje
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, VolkIreland said:

Don't forget Jimmy Eat World as well! Such a good run! 

Bumped into 2 lads from Iran in the pit and some way, somehow they had a bottle of Paddy on them. I'll never forget it. 

Yeah not many festival days ever would beat that for me. My favourite band, my favourite metal band, probably favourite punk rock band and JEW 

• Upvote 1

Rammstein just posted they are announcing a European Stadium tour for 24. Dates will be posted next week. It will be interesting to see if they play any festivals with this ( like many other acts these days).

I had put them on my wish so my fingers are crossed.

2 minutes ago, Scarnic said:

Rammstein just posted they are announcing a European Stadium tour for 24. Dates will be posted next week. It will be interesting to see if they play any festivals with this ( like many other acts these days).

I can't see many festival book them. 

13 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

I can't see many festival book them. 

If you refer to Till why not. As far as I am aware the Till Lindeman case has been closed due to lack of evidence from the prosecuting team.

We as normal people cannot say for sure a yes or no on any news/ court cases as we don't know the full story but as with many stories they are exploded in the media without knowing the full story. We can only go on what we read and see in the media and judge from that. Even Herman will have to make his own mind up from what he reads and gets told.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/aug/29/sexual-assault-investigation-into-rammstein-frontman-dropped-till-lindemann

Edited by Scarnic
Additional info

27 minutes ago, Scarnic said:

Insiders on Festileaks are hinting at a standalone show in Belgium, so you can cross them off that list.

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2023 at 6:00 AM, matrainertje said:

A bit weird to say this, actually. I am not against bands like Muse or Green Day or RHCP, but doesn't booking those bands make your festival more like any other festival than -lets say- Dua Lipa or Lana Del Rey (who rarely play(ed) festivals like this)? Again: I do like (love) rock music, but it's exactly these older headliners that make a lineup a bit like any other festival from the last 20 years.  

You may not like them, but it was Stromae / Stormzy that made the last RW lineup a bit more unlike other editions (whereas Arctic Monkeys, Muse, RHCP, QOTSA all played it many, many, many times and where a bit 'been there, done that'). 

I'm all for having a good guitar driven band that have never headlined the festival before though (like Tool 2019 and The Strokes 2020).

No. You sound like you have not looked at any other festival lineups recently. What used to be 3-4 alternative rock and popular bands have become one rock band, two huge pop acts and a DJ. You get one band featured across a whole litany of festivals - say, Pearl Jam or Foo Fighters, and you have to deal with nonsense like Travis Scott taking up $1m of the festival's budget. 

I'm not saying you shouldn't like Travis Scott, but you can like Travis Scott at 30 other festivals all summer long. Few other festivals are providing the Nine Inch Nails - The Cure - Rage Against the Machine type of experience, and the festival called "ROCK Werchter" with a long history of featuring rock bands, should probably keep doing that, lest they become just another pop festival. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

No. You sound like you have not looked at any other festival lineups recently. What used to be 3-4 alternative rock and popular bands have become one rock band, two huge pop acts and a DJ. You get one band featured across a whole litany of festivals - say, Pearl Jam or Foo Fighters, and you have to deal with nonsense like Travis Scott taking up $1m of the festival's budget. 

I'm not saying you shouldn't like Travis Scott, but you can like Travis Scott at 30 other festivals all summer long. Few other festivals are providing the Nine Inch Nails - The Cure - Rage Against the Machine type of experience, and the festival called "ROCK Werchter" with a long history of featuring rock bands, should probably keep doing that, lest they become just another pop festival. 

I do get your point but that's just not realistic. You are mentioning bands that are all over 30 years old. If you want to remain a 'rock' festival, you'll need the headliners. And most of those aren't too guitar oriented. I love all of Nine Inch Nails, RATM and The Cure (who I adore), but these bands aren't the future. The first two may never tour again and the third one are well in their sixties. 

Which current headliners would you like to see headline a festival like Rock Werchter (just like new headliners RATM and PJ did in the 90's)?

23 hours ago, Scarnic said:

They won't, no way for them to get their setup to any festival.