55 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Yeah youre right I got carried away too far

But you get my point. Both her music and her show is much more of a rock festivals DNA then Dua Lipas

Either way: there's much more to Rock Werchter than just rock of course. If they can get Dua Lipa, they should. I do wonder if she's not too big to play the festival by now. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

Either way: there's much more to Rock Werchter than just rock of course. If they can get Dua Lipa, they should. I do wonder if she's not too big to play the festival by now. 

I "fear" Dua Lipa could be a headliner with a co-head, but I think they will have a hard time building a full day around her and at the same time try to keep it quite "rocking". Maybe a Saturday-headliner, as that will sell out anyway. As for Stormzy, I think the field was hardly half full when he was playing, so again it shows that having many streams or being popular among the younger audience, doesn't mean much on festivals with a more mature audience like RW. If I remember correctly ticket sales was also bad for the planned Kendrick Lamar-day that got cancelled due to Covid.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, tmolvik said:

I "fear" Dua Lipa could be a headliner with a co-head, but I think they will have a hard time building a full day around her and at the same time try to keep it quite "rocking". Maybe a Saturday-headliner, as that will sell out anyway. As for Stormzy, I think the field was hardly half full when he was playing, so again it shows that having many streams or being popular among the younger audience, doesn't mean much on festivals with a more mature audience like RW. If I remember correctly ticket sales was also bad for the planned Kendrick Lamar-day that got cancelled due to Covid.

You can't really compare these though. Kendrick Lamar played Sportpaleis last year and didn't manage to sell all tickets. 5 months earlier, Dua Lipa played 2 easily sold out Sportpaleis shows. I think she's big enough to pull off a standalone Boutique/stadium show if she releases another hit single.

Stormzy is not even worth comparing. He clearly was an emergency headliner due to other acts not coming through. In a regular situation, he would've been a Barn headliner at best.

• Upvote 1

Looking at coming in 2024 for my 40th.

We done Mad Cool last 2 years and last year was brutal and has kinda put us off.

Where is best to stay?  Is there shuttle buses from cities out to the festival?

Any tips and advice greatly appreciated.  We'd be bringing the kids, age 14 and 11.

Edited by Macca077

7 hours ago, Macca077 said:

Looking at coming in 2024 for my 40th.

We done Mad Cool last 2 years and last year was brutal and has kinda put us off.

Where is best to stay?  Is there shuttle buses from cities out to the festival?

Any tips and advice greatly appreciated.  We'd be bringing the kids, age 14 and 11.

There are shuttle busses Every night to Leuven and Aarschot. But in my opinion it’s better to stay in Leuven than Aarschot. Better accommodation. Shuttlebusses keep on going until 3 o’clock. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Niels peeters said:

There are shuttle busses Every night to Leuven and Aarschot. But in my opinion it’s better to stay in Leuven than Aarschot. Better accommodation. Shuttlebusses keep on going until 3 o’clock. 

And they're free! Aim for the closest hotel\flat to Leuven central bus\train station.

There's not much to do there for the kids, even less activities than Mad Cool. 

Edited by e2p2

7 hours ago, Macca077 said:

To be fair, ours kids ain't really about activities.  As long as there's a solid line up and food they're sweet!!

The line up is always very good (similar to mad cool) but with better organisation it seems. I went to Werchter this year and had a great time enjoying great artists. A couple tips would be if there's an act you want to see at the barn, get there early. Also I found on the Friday there was a good food market in the centre of Lueven we went to midday which has cheap fresh food- I presume it was a weekly market

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AlexR said:

The line up is always very good (similar to mad cool) but with better organisation it seems. I went to Werchter this year and had a great time enjoying great artists. A couple tips would be if there's an act you want to see at the barn, get there early. Also I found on the Friday there was a good food market in the centre of Lueven we went to midday which has cheap fresh food- I presume it was a weekly market

Mate that sounds awesome, thanks for the tips!

On 9/14/2023 at 5:07 PM, Niels peeters said:

Finding accommodation anywhere near Leuven during Rock Werchter is very difficult I find.

Best accommodation seems to be booked out a year in advance. I might be wrong or might be looking in wrong places online. Any recommendations or advice on getting good accommodation at festival time??

2 hours ago, laynestaley said:

Finding accommodation anywhere near Leuven during Rock Werchter is very difficult I find.

Best accommodation seems to be booked out a year in advance. I might be wrong or might be looking in wrong places online. Any recommendations or advice on getting good accommodation at festival time??

Most accommodation are indeed booked a year in advance but with free cancellation. Once festivals start announcing acts and people decide which festivals they want to go, they're cancelling their reservations. So my tip is to find a few places that suits you and every couple of days try them out. If months will pass without a success, keep trying daily or even twice a day and if that fail too then turn to Airbnb. 

2 hours ago, laynestaley said:

If hotels are an option I would recommend contacting them directly. Some of them haven't even released capacity yet as they prioritize to re-book guests from this year. We got the quota from our hotel this week and has stayed there for the last 10 years. If they don't have any availability now, ask to be put up on their wait list.

2 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is bullshit?

I think Festivals don't listen to Fans, they simply look at trends and play with band managers.

It could possibly have impact on positioning (timetable) of acts in the line-up and discovering new acts (even for 2025 and beyond), even though I think it's impact might be slim indeed. Most of it is probably to give participants the feeling that the organisation is listening to you.

2 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

image.png.05c483e9401a10ef9b7e6b5379ef3fe5.png

I think Festivals don't listen to Fans, they simply look at trends and play with band managers.

Maybe on the long term, to see which acts are (getting) popular. Big difference between Instagram and Facebook comments too. Of course the Foo Fighters are mentioned a lot, but I also see lots of Lana Del Rey, The National and Blur.

4 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Pukkelpop have booked a couple of (very specific) acts I've suggested on twitter in the past so some festivals definitely do. 

18 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

They definitely have their bigger headliners locked in months, sometimes years in advance so I think they just throw it out to see if there’s any up and coming bands that get overwhelming responses that they should be looking to fill the undercard with. 

Either way, I think you’re right that they don’t care massively, as long as they’re getting ticket sales

8 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

I'm wondering how receptive they are to 80s acts that are touring currently - Tears for Fears and Depeche Mode, Aerosmith on their "final" tour. Foo Fighters seems like an absolute lock, and Pearl Jam just announced a 2024 album, so maybe we will see them again. 

I love this festival! 

If Pearl Jam are touring Europe, they are at RW (for many it will be too soon, for me an absolute joy). Foo Fighters seem like a lock indeed. 

Aerosmith have more chances to be placed at Graspop again (after the cancelation 2 years ago). Depeche Mode would be a perfect headliner for RW imo but according to rumours they won't be there (and I can't understand why). As for Tears for Fears, they could be a possibility but not for a very high spot.

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Thanks 2