What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

On 4/28/2024 at 6:34 PM, Olshansky said:

since resale day:

flights are booked 

coach booked to and from

new tent purchased 

located last years gear and gave it a once-over. 

need to do:

book accommodation pre and post festival 

make a list of things to purchase when I arrive in the UK 

Ooo, I remember this feeling so well. Only got my ticket in the April resale and then had to plan SO MUCH in the space of just a few weeks.

I felt like a kid in a candy shop walking around Tescos picking out my booze etc once I'd landed, lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

When's the AI version coming out with auto-generating displays based off the input of the artist/music/stage listening to!?

I have done sound reactive lights previously but found the sensitivity didn’t really work too well with noise levels high . The lights are app controlled as will the programmable screen be on the second hat once I’ve fitted it . 

16 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I have done sound reactive lights previously but found the sensitivity didn’t really work too well with noise levels high . The lights are app controlled as will the programmable screen be on the second hat once I’ve fitted it . 

You've probably been asked this, but does this not give you incredible neck pain? 

7 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

You've probably been asked this, but does this not give you incredible neck pain? 

No . Your neck can take a decent amount of weight . Think about the African water carriers who trek miles with water containers on their heads . That said this years versions are loads lighter than previous 

And there was me thinking I was clever making a USB fan from an old laptop fan! (because it's going to be hot!). I'm sure Crazyfool01's hat includes personal cooling!

PXL_20240502_120808977.jpg

Edited by timbrass
Typo

1 minute ago, timbrass said:

And there was me thinking I was clever making a USB fan from an old laptop fan! (because it's going to be hot!). I'm sure Crazyfool01's hat includes personal cooling!

Sadly no … does have a smoke machine though . Not yet designed with dry ice 🙂 

Yesterday felt pretty productive. Completed my Oxfam profile, took delivery of a new power bank and started the snack shopping. Also bought some of the new Moth flavours in Sainsbury's so I can try a couple before I put a big order in 👌🏻 

On 5/2/2024 at 2:12 PM, timbrass said:

I've gone for the ice-from-a-bar-under-my-cap before but this is next level

A few new bits arrived - got a new daypack as my little running backpack that I used last year is starting to die on me.

Thoroughly recommended too - it’s a 14-litre Kelty Minnow, which is advertised as being for kids aged 4-8 but is a perfect size to take 2x little Quechua folding chairs from Decathlon plus various other bits. Just had a play with it and I’ve got 2 chairs, 9x330ml cans, a 400ml water bottle and a hat in there, and that’s without using the mesh pockets on the side. I reckon there’s still room to get a thin long-sleeved shirt in there as well.

A new headtorch also arrived, as did some tent spares inc a load of guy-rope tensioners.

IMG_8095.jpeg

Went to nose at a tent. Seen one of those inflatable ones much lighter but no built in ground sheet which puts me off.

Heard loads about those blackout ones but I want something I cant stand up in (6ft 2) so probably getting a heavyish one (lighter than our old one) 

Once the tent is bought then all eyes to fashion and Glastonbury add ones etc !

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Started a pile

IMG_4696.jpeg

Those Whitebox Cocktails are delightful 

Had a try last weekend Disco Baby & Straight Up Daiquiri 👌🏽