Best glamping for next year. Advice needed please.

angelin

I just can't believe anyone in their right mind would actually pay 1500 quid for a tent outside the gates. What the f**k? Mental. Actually mental. You could get a hotel and have someone taxi you to and from it for that? Also...it's a sh*t experience. I won't have anyone tell me Love Fields is cool. It's not. You know it. I know it. We know it. Get in the sea.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

I just can't believe anyone in their right mind would actually pay 1500 quid for a tent outside the gates. What the f**k? Mental. Actually mental. You could get a hotel and have someone taxi you to and from it for that? Also...it's a sh*t experience. I won't have anyone tell me Love Fields is cool. It's not. You know it. I know it. We know it. Get in the sea.

Oh piss off, do you realise how salty and stuck up that sounds? 

‘Outside the gates’ and yet closer than the official camper fields… But with all of the benefits it comes with. Nobody said it was ‘cool’ just a hell of a lot easier and more relaxing than camping in general. 

• Upvote 5

If you know of a hotel and an easy way to get a taxi that’s less than that please do share as it’s another idea. People can camp where they want with their honest money. Sometimes things just happened and they take the wind out of your sail and things have to be adjusted accordingly.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, angelin said:

If you know of a hotel and an easy way to get a taxi that’s less than that please do share as it’s another idea. People can camp where they want with their honest money. Sometimes things just happened and they take the wind out of your sail and things have to be adjusted accordingly.

you're not getting a hotel for 6 plus taxis for that... not a chance... 

Edited by Alvoram

4 hours ago, panasonic2011 said:

We stayed at the Tangerine campsite this year.  We did it last year after about 20 years of pitching our own tent in family camping at Cockmill.  It’s not cheap £1300 for an 8 man tent but having your car parked so close to tents was a god send.  Also not stuck in a queue for hours before going into the Festival was a big bonus.  

How were the toilet and shower queues? I stayed at Worthy View last year and was a bit disappointed by the facilities. Might have a think about Tangerine fields if they manage that a bit better… also has the bonus of being able to book as soon as you have a ticket and not waiting around for second “T-day..”

My mate stayed in an airbnb in Glastonbury village last year. as due to circumstances our usual group was not there. He did Glastonbury solo. he got the bus in and lift or taxi home. He said quite a few locals offer up their houses, there were a fair few people doing just what he was doing in the same street.

This is how much places are charging on airbnb for next year… Per night!!! (For 6)

3EBF4C7B-43FC-4979-96BB-53F0802E3441.thumb.png.6abe58e6d5f75e8e2a40de8ed877a88c.png

Can get cheaper further out, but part of the appeal of love fields is how close it is. Closer than the camper van fields, it’s even closer to most of the action than some of the free general camping fields… The whole “outside the festival” thing, whilst technically true, really is utter bollocks when it comes to LF. 

The whole glamping debate will rage on these forums every year. But every year more camp sites pop up, and more and more people use them. Good job really, given how tight general camping is becoming as people bring bigger tents and more and more bring event shelters and gazebos. 

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

This is how much places are charging on airbnb for next year… Per night!!! (For 6)

3EBF4C7B-43FC-4979-96BB-53F0802E3441.thumb.png.6abe58e6d5f75e8e2a40de8ed877a88c.png

Can get cheaper further out, but part of the appeal of love fields is how close it is. Closer than the camper van fields, it’s even closer to most of the action than some of the free general camping fields… The whole “outside the festival” thing, whilst technically true, really is utter bollocks when it comes to LF. 

The whole glamping debate will rage on these forums every year. But every year more camp sites pop up, and more and more people use them. Good job really, given how tight general camping is becoming as people bring bigger tents and more and more bring event shelters and gazebos

Just on that last aspect, surely there are a lot less of those in general camping given that they're actively discouraged these days?

Space is certainly more constrained but that's a host of other reasons - including that they're reallocated some of those camping fields for other things.

7 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Oh piss off, do you realise how salty and stuck up that sounds? 

‘Outside the gates’ and yet closer than the official camper fields… But with all of the benefits it comes with. Nobody said it was ‘cool’ just a hell of a lot easier and more relaxing than camping in general. 

I believe those in Love Fields are the stuck up ones. Why am I salty? I had a proper Glastonbury rather than a theme park. 1500 quid? Behave. It's not close than the official camper fields, how could it actually be? 

6 hours ago, angelin said:

Nah, I'd rather share it with someone who had accessibility issues rather than someone with more money than sense.

Glastonbury is meant to be an effort. Physically and emotionally. The amount of folk wanting an easy life and are not prepared to burn some calories and are happier burning good money is a bit odd. Aren't we in recession? 

Hell will freeze over before I consider spending 4 times what I could spend to attend so someone can wipe the toilet seat for me.

My barometer is pretty basic. Our new (ish) neighbours are developing into quite the post code arseholes. They go in Worthy View every year.  It's not scientific but the jigsaw pieces fit together.

Edited by Jay Pee

Bleh, let people spend money on what they like. If they have the £££ then go for it: there’s no such thing  as a ‘proper’ Glastonbury or ‘what you should be doing’, it’s up to people to decide for themselves. I could lose my sh*t about people spending £120 on a T-shirt with a tiny black logo or whatever, but that’s up to them. You do you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

11 hours ago, panasonic2011 said:

We stayed at the Tangerine campsite this year.  We did it last year after about 20 years of pitching our own tent in family camping at Cockmill.  It’s not cheap £1300 for an 8 man tent but having your car parked so close to tents was a god send.  Also not stuck in a queue for hours before going into the Festival was a big bonus.  

We've done Tangerine Fields about 6 times now as it works well for us.  Slightly further walk out of Gate B to the campsite than from Gate C back to Lovefields but for around the same price (£750 for a pre-erected 4-man tent) it's a comparable option.  Parking is in the next field and the only mild ballache is having to lug your stuff over some steps that clear a hedge in between.  Other than that it's great....especially the Blue Route drive in and the exit which takes you out North to the A361 rather than joining the main flow out of general East car/van parking.  We only live in Frome admittedly but we leave TF at 1200 and are on our driveway in Frome at 1230.

Oh, and we avoid the need for trips back during the day by chucking a bag with warm stuff into the lockup to pick up before the evening fun kicks off.

Edited by parsonjack

6 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Glastonbury is meant to be an effort. Physically and emotionally. The amount of folk wanting an easy life and are not prepared to burn some calories and are happier burning good money is a bit odd. Aren't we in recession? 

Hell will freeze over before I consider spending 4 times what I could spend to attend so someone can wipe the toilet seat for me.

My barometer is pretty basic. Our new (ish) neighbours are developing into quite the post code arseholes. They go in Worthy View every year.  It's not scientific but the jigsaw pieces fit together.

People pay for things to make life easier shocker….

7 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

OP clearly mentions looking at easier options due to ongoing treatments. 

Take a step back from the hard man posturing.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Just on that last aspect, surely there are a lot less of those in general camping given that they're actively discouraged these days?

Space is certainly more constrained but that's a host of other reasons - including that they're reallocated some of those camping fields for other things.

There were loads this year, people even had the nerve to set them up as ‘private’ viewing areas along the path that runs between the Other stage and Oxlyers. Nobody does anything about them. 

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

I believe those in Love Fields are the stuck up ones. Why am I salty? I had a proper Glastonbury rather than a theme park. 1500 quid? Behave. It's not close than the official camper fields, how could it actually be? 

No mate, you’re the one being stuck up, listen to yourself ‘proper Glastonbury.’ 

Such a ‘Proper Glastonbury’ chap you clearly don’t even know where Love Fields is. The entrance to love fields is directly at Gate C, less than 20 m from the gate, (as a guess.) Campervan folk pass right by it on their way back to their camper vans. 

It’s much less of a walk than most camper vans, much less of a walk than Worthy View and Sticklinch by far, and even less of a walk from most of the action than general camping fields like Bailey’s, Rigs, South Park, Darble and Wickets. 

You step out of Love fields, take literally 25 steps and you’re at Gate C, once through Gate C, as I’m sure you know, you’re in amongst Acoustic, Theatre, Circus and Car Henge (WG) 

43 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Glastonbury is meant to be whatever you want it to be. It’s ‘meant’ to be inclusive. The only people ruining that vibe are middle aged white men on here moaning about everything that ‘isn’t Glastonbury’ and everything that’s ruining ‘their’ experience. 

Edited by Alvoram
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

No mate, you’re the one being stuck up, listen to yourself ‘proper Glastonbury.’ 

Such a ‘Proper Glastonbury’ chap you clearly don’t even know where Love Fields is. The entrance to love fields is directly at Gate C, less than 20 m from the gate, (as a guess.) Campervan folk pass right by it on their way back to their camper vans. 

It’s much less of a walk than most camper vans, much less of a walk than Worthy View and Sticklinch by far, and even less of a walk from most of the action than general camping fields like Bailey’s, Rigs, South Park, Darble and Wickets. 

You step out of Love fields, take literally 25 steps and you’re at Gate C, once through Gate C, as I’m sure you know, you’re in amongst Acoustic, Theatre, Circus and Car Henge (WG) 

Glastonbury is meant to be whatever you want it to be. It’s ‘meant’ to be inclusive. The only people ruining that vibe are middle aged white men on here moaning about everything that ‘isn’t Glastonbury’ and everything that’s ruining ‘their’ experience. 

I know exactly where it is ta, I slog past it with all my stuff, in and out. Been every year since 2005 and started in 99. Seen it get more entitled since then. Vibe more negative. People pushing in at bars. The chair crews. The huge amount of people off their tits on Coke and Ket who instead of dancing the night away, chat through gigs, waiting for the next act.

I've got no problem with campervans at all. They've been there since day 1 and they're much more akin to the original spirit of Glasto than some person making a ton of money from people ranging from those with limited mobility, to those with no concerns over money and want an easy or a quieter life, to once in a lifetimers who don't know better, to those who can't be arsed, to those who don't want to mix. ALL of whom are represented at Love Fields. Not even got a problem with Worthy View as it's reasonably priced and run by the farm.

Just because you love in a Tory area, for example doesn't mean you're a Tory in attitude, but...there is a growing amount of "I'm out for me and me alone" behaviour at the festival. Yes it is meant to be inclusive, so why can't those fields be given to people who have a genuine need for proximity rather than those who can afford it. It's the very essence of "uninclusive" and your explanation of it being inclusive is the most Tory thing we'll hear today. I don't know or care if you are Tory are not, but saying that a massively expensive area increases inclusivisity is a Tory manifesto. It just is. Look at the map for Christ's sake! Worthy View is there. Love Fields? Nah. A big grey "OUT OF BOUNDS". Not welcome. Stay out. Dead inclusive that.

If you're referring to me as a middle class white male? I'm from a single parent family on benefits in Liverpool who lost our house and lived in temporary accommodation. Working class till I die. My kid might end up middle class but they'll know what entitlement means and how not to be a dick. 

"Well don't go if you don't like it", is likely your next argument... Well I will go and I do like it. I love it, in fact. I am also entitled to raise legitimate observations that it isn't as good, not as it was (though it isn't), but as it could be. A friend who went to her first one said the vibe around the site was nastier than she expected, though she loved camping in standard. You saying I'm stuck up and out of touch is like someone who moves into a warehouse apartment then gets the local music pub shut down. 

Am I against glamping? No, not necessarily. It's not me, but hey. Am I against a massive area that could be used for general or accessible camping used for a sizeable amount of entitled brats (not all, remember)? Absolutely. So what if that land was only made available by the owner for a high price and required high prices at Love Fields? Well f**k that guy. 1500 f**king quid. f**k off. Don't use the field. Have less people. Make the festival more pleasureable for those there. Maybe I won't get a ticket? Ah well, this working class middle aged white male (it's something to be) will volunteer his time or accept his fate. No entitlement here. The superfence went up to prevent dangerous overcrowding and we're reaching that point now. Binning Love Fields and all who shower in her would be a start.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Love Fields isn’t provided by the festival Rob, it’s outside the festival grounds. I think what they offer actually seems pretty good but I’ll be f**ked if I’m ever spending that amount. Even if I was a billionaire I’d not do it, on principle. People are free to choose whether to splash out on it or not, in the knowledge they’re lining the pockets of a private landowner. It isn’t really in line with the festival’s original roots but times have changed. There weren’t 210,000 punters in 1970. 
The “it increases inclusivity” argument is BS. 

8 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I know exactly where it is ta, I slog past it with all my stuff, in and out. Been every year since 2005 and started in 99. Seen it get more entitled since then. Vibe more negative. People pushing in at bars. The chair crews. The huge amount of people off their tits on Coke and Ket who instead of dancing the night away, chat through gigs, waiting for the next act.

I've got no problem with campervans at all. They've been there since day 1 and they're much more akin to the original spirit of Glasto than some person making a ton of money from people ranging from those with limited mobility, to those with no concerns over money and want an easy or a quieter life, to once in a lifetimers who don't know better, to those who can't be arsed, to those who don't want to mix. ALL of whom are represented at Love Fields. Not even got a problem with Worthy View as it's reasonably priced and run by the farm.

Just because you love in a Tory area, for example doesn't mean you're a Tory in attitude, but...there is a growing amount of "I'm out for me and me alone" behaviour at the festival. Yes it is meant to be inclusive, so why can't those fields be given to people who have a genuine need for proximity rather than those who can afford it. It's the very essence of "uninclusive" and your explanation of it being inclusive is the most Tory thing we'll hear today. I don't know or care if you are Tory are not, but saying that a massively expensive area increases inclusivisity is a Tory manifesto. It just is. Look at the map for Christ's sake! Worthy View is there. Love Fields? Nah. A big grey "OUT OF BOUNDS". Not welcome. Stay out. Dead inclusive that.

If you're referring to me as a middle class white male? I'm from a single parent family on benefits in Liverpool who lost our house and lived in temporary accommodation. Working class till I die. My kid might end up middle class but they'll know what entitlement means and how not to be a dick. 

"Well don't go if you don't like it", is likely your next argument... Well I will go and I do like it. I love it, in fact. I am also entitled to raise legitimate observations that it isn't as good, not as it was (though it isn't), but as it could be. A friend who went to her first one said the vibe around the site was nastier than she expected, though she loved camping in standard. You saying I'm stuck up and out of touch is like someone who moves into a warehouse apartment then gets the local music pub shut down. 

Am I against glamping? No, not necessarily. It's not me, but hey. Am I against a massive area that could be used for general or accessible camping used for a sizeable amount of entitled brats (not all, remember)? Absolutely. So what if that land was only made available by the owner for a high price and required high prices at Love Fields? Well f**k that guy. 1500 f**king quid. f**k off. Don't use the field. Have less people. Make the festival more pleasureable for those there. Maybe I won't get a ticket? Ah well, this working class middle aged white male (it's something to be) will volunteer his time or accept his fate. No entitlement here. The superfence went up to prevent dangerous overcrowding and we're reaching that point now. Binning Love Fields and all who shower in her would be a start.

Yadda yadda yadda tory tory tory, that’s always the default response isn’t it? I voted Green, previously Labour and have never voted Tory, not that it’s anything to do with you or the festival. I also grew up in a single parent family on a council estate, I’ve worked f**king hard to be able to afford holidays (including glasto) but that’s also none of your f**king business, as your past is none of mine. (I didn’t ask) I’m also a middle aged white male, but I’m not so stuck up that I turn my nose up at people who want to, and are able to, pay for things I don’t or can’t! That is why you’re coming across as stuck up.

Also, I said middle aged, I didn’t mention class 😉 but that’s clearly your problem here… You’re just another person who thinks anybody that works hard to afford the things they WANT to pay for, must be middle class. Here’s the thing, the clue is in the title ‘working’ class. Some of us work 60-80 hours a week to be able to enjoy our down time. Most people on Love fields were working class, but hard working families enjoying their down time (I don’t know about the posher, more expensive part of love fields that was fenced off to even us… I’d imagine if you’re looking for Middle Class, you may find a higher concentration in there. But I don’t know, as I never entered.)

£1500 between 6 is £250… I assume you’ve done those maths? And I assume therefore, you have the same issue with the similar priced tipis, Worthy View and Sticklinch… Right? f**k the Eavis, charging over £200 per person for glamping!!! 

Inclusivity, well if you can’t see how the various different camping options help those go who otherwise wouldn’t bother, then there’s not really much more to explain there, I would have thought that it was glaringly obvious. 

I don’t care if you go or not, why would I suggest you don’t go? You do you, and let others do them. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Yadda yadda yadda tory tory tory, that’s always the default response isn’t it? I voted Green, previously Labour and have never voted Tory, not that it’s anything to do with you or the festival. I also grew up in a single parent family on a council estate, I’ve worked f**king hard to be able to afford holidays (including glasto) but that’s also none of your f**king business, as your past is none of mine. (I didn’t ask) I’m also a middle aged white male, but I’m not so stuck up that I turn my nose up at people who want to, and are able to, pay for things I don’t or can’t! That is why you’re coming across as stuck up.

Also, I said middle aged, I didn’t mention class 😉 but that’s clearly your problem here… You’re just another person who thinks anybody that works hard to afford the things they WANT to pay for, must be middle class. Here’s the thing, the clue is in the title ‘working’ class. Some of us work 60-80 hours a week to be able to enjoy our down time. Most people on Love fields were working class, but hard working families enjoying their down time (I don’t know about the posher, more expensive part of love fields that was fenced off to even us… I’d imagine if you’re looking for Middle Class, you may find a higher concentration in there. But I don’t know, as I never entered.)

£1500 between 6 is £250… I assume you’ve done those maths? And I assume therefore, you have the same issue with the similar priced tipis, Worthy View and Sticklinch… Right? f**k the Eavis, charging over £200 per person for glamping!!! 

Inclusivity, well if you can’t see how the various different camping options help those go who otherwise wouldn’t bother, then there’s not really much more to explain there, I would have thought that it was glaringly obvious. 

I don’t care if you go or not, why would I suggest you don’t go? You do you, and let others do them. 

Was the 1500 for just 2 pitches? No tents etc…

34 minutes ago, Superscally said:

100% this. The festival is sleep walking into something else entirely from what it was. And I completely embrace the evolution of the festival as society has evolved. But not the relentless march of the monetisation of everything. Including the camping 

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Was the 1500 for just 2 pitches? No tents etc…

1500 we paid for 6 people to use all of the facilities and 2 campervan / tent pitches, yes. 

If your point is that you don’t get a pre erected tent, this is EXACTLY why we chose it over WV/SL… I posted my setup compared to the tents they provide earlier in the thread. Worth a look if you want to understand the thinking behind that choice. (Remembering the pitches are drive up.) 

10 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

1500 we paid for 6 people to use all of the facilities and 2 campervan / tent pitches, yes. 

If your point is that you don’t get a pre erected tent, this is EXACTLY why we chose it over WV/SL… I posted my setup compared to the tents they provide earlier in the thread. Worth a look if you want to understand the thinking behind that choice. (Remembering the pitches are drive up.) 

Oh yeah just getting my head around it. Oddly although it seems very expensive could chip in with the lads for a big tent + the pitch and prob still the same price as WV/sticklinch

Did you have to pay for the extra people (sure I read the pitch is for 2)

25 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

😘