2024 Stage Predictions

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

OK then. She's been under the radar....but could easily show up I guess.

American female star...

Come on Glastonbury, get me to The Pyramid for a headliner, it's been a while

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

009.jpg

Emily Eavis the year after booking Janelle Monae to headline the Pyramid Stage.

Dunno if this implies Janelle is a right wing performer or the joke is just the Out Of Business part.

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Pretty sure it's the latter

Yea it is

There is a weird belief from some that putting her on as a headliner will kill the festival, while forgetting that Mumford and Sons headlining didn't.

In no world is Janelle Monae a Pyramid headliner. People were nuts a few years ago saying they thought she was gonna sub, and her latest album tanked so she’s an even less viable option for a high up slot now. Fourth Pyramid at best (where I’m hoping she’ll be as that’ll be a vibe).

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea it is

There is a weird belief from some that putting her on as a headliner will kill the festival, while forgetting that Mumford and Sons headlining didn't.

It isn't a belief, it was an exaggeration and a joke. She obviously isn't going to headline Glastonbury is she, and I'm a huge fan of hers.

Mumford were an enormous act at the time. Albeit they're utter shite.

I'm sensing that the delay in any announcement (aside from agreeing commercials with Stevie) is Emily trying to put space between her comments on two female headliners last year now Madonna is out of the picture. Or trying to manage the press who will be planning to slam her for going with only one female headliner now her hopes of two female headliners has been dashed. She'd have loved to have announced Dua Lipa and Madge as headliners before Christmas I bet, but only announcing Dua would draw attention to the fact that the second female headliner was in doubt.

OR maybe we will be getting Shania or Janelle Monae headlining, and that was her plan all along... Devious Eavis

6 minutes ago, Reify said:

I'm sensing that the delay in any announcement (aside from agreeing commercials with Stevie) is Emily trying to put space between her comments on two female headliners last year now Madonna is out of the picture. Or trying to manage the press who will be planning to slam her for going with only one female headliner now her hopes of two female headliners has been dashed. She'd have loved to have announced Dua Lipa and Madge as headliners before Christmas I bet, but only announcing Dua would draw attention to the fact that the second female headliner was in doubt.

OR maybe we will be getting Shania or Janelle Monae headlining, and that was her plan all along... Devious Eavis

She could always just do what she did with Lizzo and claim that there’s a fourth female headliner even though it’s clearly just a sub.

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

She could always just do what she did with Lizzo and claim that there’s a fourth female headliner even though it’s clearly just a sub.

Or claim (as has been done many times before) that the Sunday Legend is a fourth headliner.  Dua Lipa + Female Legend = 2 female headliners.

She was trying to give fans an indication of their plans for this year after not having a female headliner last year. If Madge or whoever else pulls out then she is hardly to blame, it's hardly like she was being disingenuous or trying to hide her sexism from the world. Anyone thinking she owes them some sort of explanation if only one of the headliners is female needs to give their head a wobble.