Lana Del Rey Curfew

Tom_12

Real shame to end like that, but singing Video Games acapella was pretty special. Slightly surprised that stages are only given 15 minutes 'leeway' for curfew - Woodsies was about 40 mins behind at one point today, so unsure how they'd navigate around that.

And yes, I know it was Lana's fault for being late, but it's really gutting to miss out on some big songs - also thought they might be able to have someone on a mic at least say 'Hey, sorry, she's gone over, have a good night'

Edited by JayDiesel

6 minutes ago, Tom_12 said:

So they just cut Lana short as she came on late due to the curfew.

Pretty gutting as it had been a really good set that far.

You’d have thought they’d have paid a fine ala Springsteen

It was brilliant.  

They didn’t even let her speak to the crowd.

Harsh.

Should have sorted her hair out faster I guess.

2 minutes ago, panda97 said:

Maybe she should have turned up on time then

Why should they cut her any slack when she spits in the festival's face by turning up half an hour late

I see what your saying.

How about us that wanted to see her set though?

Either pay a fine which they were happy to do on multiple occasions or be more firm with her management side of stage so that they rejig the set to get the best two songs in. What would have happened if she was on the pyramid?

I was very nervous about this exact thing happening, considering her having been half hour late to both her recent shows. I of course hoped she would buck up for this, but it wasn't to be. As we neared the half hour late mark I actually started worrying that she may just not come out at all.. but she did. And I enjoyed the next hour the most I could, trying to forget about the possibility of tunes being cut.

I was so proud of her for the show she put on. Her voice was so beautiful and she sang so much more confidently than she has on those most recent outings. I get that she likes a busy stage to aid with her stage fright I guess, but she had put much more thought into that too. The whole thing was amazing. Much the same set as recently, but I love all of her songs, essentially, so every one was a hit for me.

It was gutting to realise she had been cut off. Indeed there was no one to blame but her, and I'm gutted. 

This half made me think I really do need to get tickets for Hyde Park - but then ai figure, if she is terminally late and does the same there, they will cut her off too (I was there when they did it for Bruce). Going all that way to miss the same songs again would be a real "fool me once.." situation.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Derby_Dave said:

They didn’t even let her speak to the crowd.

Harsh.

She had a whole hour to talk to the crowd.

Pretty sure she would have been told before she even started that they'd hard cut at midnight, and that she would have had sight of a clock (as all main stages do).

3 hours ago, northernringo said:

Feels like there was pettiness on both sides.

She was half an hour late to a 75 minute headline show. Bollcoks is it pettiness on the festival's side. Same sh*t happened at Coachella with ocean. Have some respect for your audience and the circumstances of your agreement. To hold anyone accountable other than Lana is nonsense 

• Upvote 2