Football 2023/24

charlierc

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

You don't have to be a top level manager to come to that conclusion. He is shite, everything that's wrong with uniteds transfer policy.

Seen more character in a dead fish. 

Good to see utd f**king up nealy as big a f**king as spurs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lol

Not about the money? Sure

Just being there will help the LGBTQA movements apparently. But he won't wear his rainbow armbands anymore

Loolllll

I almost think he is better off either being honest (just saying the money offered meant more than his principles) or just not commenting at all. I don’t think anyone will read this interview and think anything other than he is talking bollocks.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

So is Salah going? Looks like he didnt meet up with Egypt

I hope not. Not because a team with more money will have come in and taken arguably our best player away (as a Liverpool fan, how could I feasibly be pissed off with that), but because it would be such a waste of talent. The video of Neymar looking like he was playing a pub team shows that. Surely players of his quality relish a challenge? The money on offer to him is ridiculous but he's already on ridiculous money. How much do you need?

There's obviously the whole sportswashing / human rights on top of that. 

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I hope not. Not because a team with more money will have come in and taken arguably our best player away (as a Liverpool fan, how could I feasibly be pissed off with that), but because it would be such a waste of talent. The video of Neymar looking like he was playing a pub team shows that. Surely players of his quality relish a challenge? The money on offer to him is ridiculous but he's already on ridiculous money. How much do you need?

There's obviously the whole sportswashing / human rights on top of that. 

Can't see LFCs owners turning down £210m for a 31 year old. 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

just the timing isn't it ? id say take it and run if the transfer window was open ... but its not so maybe wait until it is ? 

Dunno if you risk it. What if they go get Mbappe or someone instead in the meantime? 

At this rate the Saudis will have one of the best leagues about in a few years. Amazing (and awful) what they've done in 8 months.

56 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Dunno if you risk it. What if they go get Mbappe or someone instead in the meantime? 

At this rate the Saudis will have one of the best leagues about in a few years. Amazing (and awful) what they've done in 8 months.

Mbappe I think wants to go to Madrid and probably win individual and club accolades can’t see him going.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

The question is would other clubs act different in the same situation or is it an issue with Man Utd. I lean towards other clubs putting their finances first.

I dunno, City got rid of Mendy sharpish without any glowing tributes. And Everton with that nonce guy

I'd say Utd seem to be dealing with it a lot worse

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

And Everton with that nonce guy

Charges dropped and now playing for  Lyngby which supports the position of continuing to play the player as you could be ruining the career of someone who hasn't done anything wrong.

Edited by lost

8 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Scotland have now won 11 qualifying group games on the bounce 👀. Scotland. 

Maybe Euro 24 will be your year to get past the groups. Im almost certain Wales won’t be there with Page as manager.

Wrexham have just signed Stephen Fletcher, hopefully he can still get a few goals. Seemed to do ok for a poor team last season.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Out of interest do you think any footballer accused of anything should be removed from their squad? That effectively moving to a guilty until proved innocent model. Im not sure I feel comfortable with that either.

I think for certain things, then yes until the investigation is done. In this case, multiple accusations of abuse publicly, then for sure. It would happen for most sports/entertainment.

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

I think for certain things, then yes until the investigation is done. In this case, multiple accusations of abuse publicly, then for sure. It would happen for most sports/entertainment.

Hakimi been charged with rape, continues to play for PSG and Morocco. Wissam Yedder is another footballer that's nit been suspended even though charged.

Then you have Partey.

It's certainly not the norm in suspending, certainly not if they are not charged. 

Edited by thetime