Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 hour ago, MKBAB said:

They have plenty of opportunities for great female artists who haven't yet announced dates in Spain but have announced dates in other parts of Europe and who could be excellent replacements: Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Nelly Furtado, etc.

(also looking for cheaper tickets if anyone sells any!)

Doja Cat would be great. For my money she is better than SZA. A bit more fun. Songs to bounce around to.

3 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Both her album/new songs leak and the trial final happened before she was announced at Primavera, so unless there's something else, I don't see a problem of her coming to Primavera, specially if she lives close by. Don't think there will be a tour tho, if she has a trial in October don't she will tour 5/6 before that, can see her touring again in 2025 specially if she wins the trial. For now no need of speculation until else is proven, in my books she's playing Primavera, and if she really cancels it won't be something unexpected and I hope that Primavera finds a good replacement, as they know about these things more than us. 

Primavera doubling down on her name (also billing her as a exclusive headliner) after she dropped out in 2023 looks like they know that she has great stuff coming. I think that she also played magdalene one of the first times at primavera 2019, before the album dropped. Maybe they wanted to repeat the surprise effect? 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Have an uptick! MA was the exception not the rule.

It's still worth mentioning.

Massive Attack probably weren't replaced because the fest was already sold out in 2022. So they'll probably be a naff replacement for Twigs (Grimes if Ceremonia is anything to go by).

8 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Primavera doubling down on her name (also billing her as a exclusive headliner) after she dropped out in 2023 looks like they know that she has great stuff coming. I think that she also played magdalene one of the first times at primavera 2019, before the album dropped. Maybe they wanted to repeat the surprise effect? 

Nah she had other gigs already played by Primavera came around, 5 to be exact.

4 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

I just asked ps via dm on instagram and they answered as it follows 

Hi, as far as we know, she has not cancelled her performance at Primavera. She has cancelled a show in Mexico next month.

are we paranoid enough? 

Screenshot or I don’t believe it ahahahah every time I DM’d them even to ask about practical info about tickets they never replied 

Okay, so - all speculation and speculation on speculation and speculating that someone has speculated a speculation aside.

Who are the top three artists you've "discovered" in the lead up to PS2024? 

I use "discovered" in the loosest, most personal sense. Ie - I have no delusion that Bikini Kill are an underground overlooked cult darling. But I'd never really tried them before this lineup was announced, and shock horror - they're absolutely f**king brilliant. 

Top three so far for me:

Bikini Kill

Lambchop 

Beth Gibbons.

PS - Is there any indication of what Lambchop will play at their set? It's an "intimate piano performance" so I'm not sure if recent setlists will give much to go by.

14 hours ago, Clakus said:

Okay, so - all speculation and speculation on speculation and speculating that someone has speculated a speculation aside.

I use "discovered" in the loosest, most personal sense. Ie - I have no delusion that Bikini Kill are an underground overlooked cult darling. But I'd never really tried them before this lineup was announced, and shock horror - they're absolutely f**king brilliant. 

Top three so far for me:

Bikini Kill

Lambchop 

Beth Gibbons.

PS - Is there any indication of what Lambchop will play at their set? It's an "intimate piano performance" so I'm not sure if recent setlists will give much to go by.

Mine are

Deftones - never been a fan or really listened to them much but I’m really enjoying them

Scowl

Gel

Top three so far for me:

Bikini Kill

Lambchop 

Beth Gibbons.

The Armed

The Armed

The Armed 

• Upvote 1

The Lemon Twigs - I checked their debut a long time ago and put them into "not interested" category. After the line-up release I gave them a second chance and I really have no idea what was wrong with me back then.

Atarashii Gakko! - never heard of them before and after being blown away by Perfume and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu last year, I'm sure this will be a great live show.

Royel Otis - love at first sight after Going Kokomo appeared in the line-up teaser.

It looks like Saturday isn't going to be so weak after all!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Second best line up of 2024 for me. Not the strength in depth/diversity (and shame it's in $$$ Sweden).

427897951_774727638035254_6841456492605317561_n

Øyafestivalen is even better. Has almost everthing that WOW has plus more depth and are missing one headliner.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Clakus said:

Top three so far for me:

Bikini Kill

Lambchop 

Beth Gibbons.

Duster

Royel Otis

L'Impératrice

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2024 at 9:42 PM, Clakus said:

Top three so far for me:

Bikini Kill

Lambchop 

Beth Gibbons.

Wolf Eyes

Militarie Gun

Gel 

On 2/22/2024 at 8:42 PM, Clakus said:

Top three so far for me:

Bikini Kill

Lambchop 

Beth Gibbons.

Obongjayar

Julie Byrne

Billy woods 

On 2/22/2024 at 8:42 PM, Clakus said:

Top three so far for me:

Bikini Kill

Lambchop 

Beth Gibbons.

Pretty sure he has done the piano sets before so you can easily find the setlists of that set. It was fairly recently too, last year I think.