Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

6 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Flights booked, accomodation booked, 1000 bucks poorer.

I really want those Ciutat Shows now, so I can see if I have time for sightseeing etc.

Have you not heard? The Primavera lineup announcemnent for next year was just a funny prank LOL and the festival is not happening. No hard feelings about your lost thousand bucks, I’m sure. 

11 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Just accepted a job offer in Barcelona so this year I save over a grand on flights & accommodation and suddenly the ticket prices look like a steal.

Also really hoping for a strong Ciutat lineup as I won't be bound by time! 

Yeah, if there's one tip I have for Primavera it's find a mate who lives in Barcelona and watch the cost of it plummet! (or make friends now with @UsernameHere : ))

Edited by xxialac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

What fresh hell is this?

image.png.892f79ddc60ec3cdd4377eeba8c9d897.png

Daytickets are € 145. I can imagine people who like Ed Sheeran will actually pay for that Sunday, with also Sam Smith and Hozier as some bigger radiopop names. The first two days, the field will be bloody empty. Worst poster of the year so far.

6 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Flights booked, accomodation booked, 1000 bucks poorer.

I really want those Ciutat Shows now, so I can see if I have time for sightseeing etc.

I just booked a warm up with Portals festival in London the weekend before. Then going straight from London to Barcelona on the Monday to be able to attend the entire Ciutat program. 

And now I feel a bit stupid remembering how exhausting it was to do double festival weekends in 2022.

Do you all think that in addition to the artists (mainly djs) who will perform on the boiler room stage, which I still don't know if it has been confirmed officially for this edition… we will have a bunch of new electronic artists announced due to the lack of them in both, the current lineups of PS barcelona and PS Porto? 

I know it’s a bit redundant to have almost 3 full time clubbing stages (pull&bear, warehouse and boiler) in the past edition and that it’s not the stronger point of primavera sound but… I find it a little bit weird even more so when Gabi has confirmed that no scenario has been eliminated 

11 hours ago, Urchin1000 said:

Do you all think that in addition to the artists (mainly djs) who will perform on the boiler room stage, which I still don't know if it has been confirmed officially for this edition… we will have a bunch of new electronic artists announced due to the lack of them in both, the current lineups of PS barcelona and PS Porto? 

I know it’s a bit redundant to have almost 3 full time clubbing stages (pull&bear, warehouse and boiler) in the past edition and that it’s not the stronger point of primavera sound but… I find it a little bit weird even more so when Gabi has confirmed that no scenario has been eliminated 

Depends if they even have the Pull&Bear stage in 2024. The Hyperdub and Hivern Discs takeovers will be at the Warehouse, Thursday and Saturday respectively. I'm not sure what will be there on Friday (probably I need to read the poster more) and then BR artists still to be announced...

P&B stage had a packed schedule this year and I don't really see enough dance/electronic artists to fill it this year. There are a few and I'm sure they could make it work but different vibe with the artists - I don't see Sandwell District playing after Teki Latex as an example but who knows.

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

Is BBK more sustainable? And I like how MA care more about being in a carbon neutral festival but playing with sexual abusers like Win Butler. 

I try not to blame other acts for sharing a bill with other artists. It's highly doubtful they will know Arcade Fire were booked alongside them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

Is BBK more sustainable? And I like how MA care more about being in a carbon neutral festival but playing with sexual abusers like Win Butler. 

Not defending the man but would be a bit careful as that is defamatory and he legally hasn't committed a crime.

You could also turn it on its head and say that other bands that refuse to play with AF but play at environmentally damaging festivals care more about his treatment of women than they do about imminent climate collapse.

And attending a festival doesn't mean endorsement of everything that goes on in that festival.

Where do you draw the line? e.g. Spotify has Arcade Fire songs. Are all bands that allow their material on Spotify endorsing Butler's behaviour?

14 hours ago, Urchin1000 said:

I would love for this to be the case. Primavera's track record definitely says it's unlikely they'll add a second batch of electronic names that aren't Boiler room though. 

My honest opinion is that they might remove that Pull&Bear stage that they added over by the main stages. I love that it's outdoors and has plenty of capacity but I think it was too close to the city and noise will have been a problem.

I'm praying they ACTUALLY expand the Boiler room size and maybe move it away from the Pitchfork stage. 

It would be a real shame if dance music was reduced to just Boiler room and the techno car park but I can see it happening. 

By NO means am I asking for it to be as packed as it was in 2022, but I definitely felt like various sets felt a bit sparse after the main stages closed this year. 

If they do remove Pull&Bear stage I just hope they give electronic acts a space to play that doesn't have stupid capacity restrictions.

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

By NO means am I asking for it to be as packed as it was in 2022, but I definitely felt like various sets felt a bit sparse after the main stages closed this year. 

If they do remove Pull&Bear stage I just hope they give electronic acts a space to play that doesn't have stupid capacity restrictions.

was Pull&Bear the one Daphni played late on?

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Where do you draw the line? e.g. Spotify has Arcade Fire songs. Are all bands that allow their material on Spotify endorsing Butler's behaviour?

I have to say it is not a very good example, and certainly not illustrating any difficulty in drawing a line. While I don't use Spotify, it is pretty obvious that no one using this service is either giving money to or endorsing 1 million individual artists. On the other hand, I think it is clear that some people, like me, will not give money or go to any festival where the organisers think it is good idea to invite Arcade Fire. That's a reality, quite a clear line, and starts to become a problem because it excludes people from a festival. And I don't think endorsement is the key here; in the situation I'm describing no one has to explicitly or implicitly endorse Win Butler, perhaps except the festival organisers.

• Upvote 3