Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

Huge in Latin world right now, millions if not billions of streams, won Latin Grammy couple of days ago for album of the year, very commercial, so if you don’t like pop music or are not from LATAM or Spain it’s normal you don’t know her. As much people talk bad about her (I’m not a fan either) I understand why Gabi would like to have someone like her at the festival. Fits in the New Normal, is Spanish speaking so promotes Spanish music and sells a sh*t tone of tickets as she’s huge in Spain now, maybe after Bad Bunny she’s the biggest artist right now in Spanish speaking world. 

Must be the dross the youths do be blaring out of their cars here in Spain. The kind of people I normally cross the street to avoid.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Must be the dross the youths do be blaring out of their cars here in Spain. The kind of people I normally cross the street to avoid.

It not that extreme, she's quite praised both by Pitchfork and Rolling Stone, and her albums are very well received by critics. Yes it's regaetton so it will bring a lot of people that are not your typical Primavera fans, but it's not that bad cmon.

15 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Things like Green Day, Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam are impossible for Primavera, for that money I think would just prefer to have Travis Scott or SZA.

That’s fair. Wasn’t sure if they were in the same bracket as those sort of acts or were more in the realm of the likes of Blur, The Cure, The Strokes etc. 

Karol G is pretty well known for her collaborations with Nicki Minaj (Tusa) and Shakira (TQG), Peso Pluma, Becky G and others, and she even appeared in Barbie's Soundtrack among Dua Lipa, Lizzo, etc. But I guess you have to like a little bit reggaeton to enjoy her

This is actually a banger in every club they play it

Edited by LMDS

What's on Beyonce? There are very strong rumours that she might headline Brazilian festivals next year.

What's on Dua Lipa? Too soon? Even with the new album?

Rihanna and Madonna? Too expensive. 

For now Lana and Karol G seem to be certain. Kylie Minogue also. SZA could be in, although someone said that she's not on the lineup.

3 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

I'm somewhat sceptical, i mean, anyone can call themselves "PSInsider".

At this point I just wanna kill time.

So what about a quick ranking of the best modes of announcements in (recent) PS history?

Mine

1. 2016 - The Rocket Launch Video
2. 2015 - The Mobile Game
3. 2020 - Pavement on the cups
4. 2020 - The "Outer Space Communication" Video
5. 2017 - The countdown that jumped ever closer
6. 2020 - The Radio Primavera Sound announcements
7. 2018 - The "Wild West" Video
8. 2023 - The "I'll be your mirror" video (negative points for product placement and the VR-twin nonsense)

100. 2019 - the insufferable life show

Everybody wants the poster to leak, I say no- leak the video! it's much for fun to get the lineup like that

5 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

What's on Beyonce? There are very strong rumours that she might headline Brazilian festivals next year.

What's on Dua Lipa? Too soon? Even with the new album?

Rihanna and Madonna? Too expensive. 

For now Lana and Karol G seem to be certain. Kylie Minogue also. SZA could be in, although someone said that she's not on the lineup.

Beyonce would also likely be too expensive. Latin American festivals are a different thing, they often are the framework that make tours by huge artists possible.

Dua Lipa is playing July dates, so Mad Cool is much more likely

Both Rihanna and Madonna seem pretty impossible. Rihanna is expecting another child afaik and Madonna doesn't do festivals

Karol G also remains pure speculation.

Often times a "rumour" is just someone on some platform metioning a name that then gets repeated, spreads to other platforms, reinforcing the original "rumour" and in the end everyone thinks its "likely" because its been discussed so much.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

All of those are just internet guessing names with tags #female #pop #headliner #mayfitprimavera #spanish

And then those are repeated on every page with tags #confirmed #headliner #certain #amustforprimavera

8 minutes ago, Createur said:

All of those are just internet guessing names with tags #female #pop #headliner #mayfitprimavera #spanish

And then those are repeated on every page with tags #confirmed #headliner #certain #amustforprimavera

You're right, there's nothing concrete but it was the same with Kendrick, Rosalia and Blur last year. It will probably be the same this year with around half of the headliners having been guessed based on who's touring/has new material and who would fit.

10 minutes ago, Createur said:

One more page and someone will claim to be Karol G

Just now, UsernameHere said:

You're right, there's nothing concrete but it was the same with Kendrick, Rosalia and Blur last year. It will probably be the same this year with around half of the headliners having been guessed based on who's touring/has new material and who would fit.

Blur had tour dates already before being announced and Rosalia was a open secret because she is form BCN

Edited by Quadrophobia

Updated list of "confirmed" artists (by all leakers, no credibility check has been made):

100 Gecs

American Football

Bikini Kill

Camera Obscura

Death Cab For Cutie

Devo

Dua Lipa

Jane's Addiction

Kylie Minogue

Lana Del Rey

Mitski

PJ Harvey

The Armed

The National

The Smile

Troye Sivan

4 minutes ago, pipan said:

Updated list of "confirmed" artists (by all leakers, no credibility check has been made):

100 Gecs

American Football

Bikini Kill

Camera Obscura

Death Cab For Cutie

Devo

Dua Lipa

Jane's Addiction

Kylie Minogue

Lana Del Rey

Mitski

PJ Harvey