Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

Troye Sivan? Must admit I'd never heard of the dude, but listening now and don't see how this would fit Primavera.

Probably just me getting old and out of touch, but in my opinion they might as well book Enrique Iglesias instead. Luckily all other names mentioned today (even incl. Kylie) are more of my taste.

Edited by Marty76

1 hour ago, Marty76 said:

Troye Sivan? Must admit I'd never heard of the dude, but listening now and don't see how this would fit Primavera.

Probably just me getting old and out of touch, but in my opinion they might as well book Enrique Iglesias instead. Luckily all other names mentioned today (even incl. Kylie) are more of my taste.

His last album was quite acclaimed and he fits the pop queer-friendly acts that primavera has been focusing on for some years now like Charli XCX or Rina Sawayama 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Karol G won the Latin Grammy albums award for Album of the Year. I guess maybe she’s gonna be too big for Primavera. 

If you are going by that logic, Rosalía wouldn't have played PS this year. I haven't looked at  tour dates, buts I would say she in play rn to play.

2 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

His last album was quite acclaimed and he fits the pop queer-friendly acts that primavera has been focusing on for some years now like Charli XCX or Rina Sawayama 

No idea of his popularity, would he be on the topline? 

Don't mind a few pop acts as I prefer not to spend most of my time at the main stages. Just a reality check for me that I'm not as much of a music nerd than I thought I was and I have some serious gaps in my knowledge... 😃

25 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

No idea of his popularity, would he be on the topline? 

Don't mind a few pop acts as I prefer not to spend most of my time at the main stages. Just a reality check for me that I'm not as much of a music nerd than I thought I was and I have some serious gaps in my knowledge... 😃

He'd probably get a high placement like Janelle Monae or Robyn in 2019

2 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

What about belle and Sebastian  US tour finishes May 19th

Mountain Goats doing a UK Eire tour finishes May 26 

Can see them both on lineup

Bit  left field but primavera have had Slayer so what about Pantera . Playing Download 

You really dont wanna have a dude screaming white power with your queer and poc crowd

as for Troye Sivan, second row seems fine for him, maybe co-headlining a main stage

Edited by Quadrophobia

2 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

What about belle and Sebastian  US tour finishes May 19th

Mountain Goats doing a UK Eire tour finishes May 26 

Can see them both on lineup

Bit  left field but primavera have had Slayer so what about Pantera . Playing Download 

Pantera's lead singer has - to put it mildly - a dubious personality. No way they'll book them.