Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

28 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

when did we get the detailed map last year?

One thing i noticed on the map is that Plenitude seems to move to the area closer to Cupra, near where the entrance to boiler room was. I hope boiler room also moves otherwise I dont see how they avoid sound bleeds

11 hours ago, Martin_89 said:

The pizza place at the bottom is pretty good. Chicago style pizza. Four Corners is the name. Haven’t been to the taco place.

Oh wow, Four Corners is at Primavera this year!

• Like 1

I can't see a reference to the shuttle bus on the Primavera website (unless I'm being silly and am missing it!), I always thought it had its own mention on the transport section!?

12 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

One thing i noticed on the map is that Plenitude seems to move to the area closer to Cupra, near where the entrance to boiler room was. I hope boiler room also moves otherwise I dont see how they avoid sound bleeds

There is a more detailed map in the FAQ Section

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona/primavera-sound-barcelona-frequently-asked-questions-faqs

You'll need to zoom in though, not very functional

10 hours ago, harryy said:

I can't see a reference to the shuttle bus on the Primavera website (unless I'm being silly and am missing it!), I always thought it had its own mention on the transport section!?

it was defnitely there some weeks ago. Probably they removed it, until the times for this year are fixed.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

2uq87qwsdn010u5sio8y_1716365357045.png

Who made this, half of the stuff on there appears twice

Four Corners was always great, I also had good fish & chips one year but not sure if the Fish&Chips Shop listed was that one

• Like 1

• Baby Jalebi - very nice Pakistani food
  • Lady Dumpling
  • Four Corners - a bit overpriced but it's good pizza
  • Piel de Galina - nice fried chicken and they do this onion flower thing that's unusual but good (not sure if it'll be on the menu at the festival)
  • Hot dog stands - always great after a million drinks
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

I hate how close Plenitude and Boiler Room are together; not sure if its changed since 2022 but Porridge Radio and The Weather Station were near unwatchable due to the bleed. 

Yeah they messed it up last year. I don't think you can have quiet music near the Boiler Room. The issue they have now is with BITS gone they've lost space for 3 stages, while they haven't really reduced the size of the lineup.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, UsernameHere said:

I think there's no chance of proper surprises. The fact that they couldn't pull of the Fred Again, Skrillex and Four Tet B2B2B even with them all there on the same day and having done that set already at other festivals tells you what you need to know.

They only did that at Coachella didn't they? They also shared stages (and the same line of the poster!) at Sziget and one or two others last year and didn't do any B2B stuff, so as disappointing as it was, not sure we can pin that one on PS. 

People expecting something that doesn't happen isn't always the fault of the festival organisers. 

9 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

People expecting something that doesn't happen isn't always the fault of the festival organisers. 

This.

Peoples perspective on what "makes sense" is often completely different from the reality of the production. Guest appearances are relatively rare, bc its often impossible to pull them off spontaneously. There is all sorts of preparation necessary, the person needs to be cleared for that stage at that time (not everyone gets AAA), they need to have their tec aligned with the setup, if they're singing they should ideally be soundchecked and last but not least the tight schedules of the visiting artist as well as the tight on stage schedule have to accomodate it.

Still have to announce the Barcelona Sona Estrella Damm, Play Hard Stage by Maybelline New York and The Not Just a DJ by Pull&Bear stage (all ridiculous names incidentally).

Think one of these will have some decent names from the main fest as repeats.

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Still have to announce the Barcelona Sona Estrella Damm, Play Hard Stage by Maybelline New York and The Not Just a DJ by Pull&Bear stage (all ridiculous names incidentally).

Think one of these will have some decent names from the main fest as repeats.

probably this afternoon more names will be dropped… before next week everything must be released 

5 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

They only did that at Coachella didn't they? They also shared stages (and the same line of the poster!) at Sziget and one or two others last year and didn't do any B2B stuff, so as disappointing as it was, not sure we can pin that one on PS. 

I thought they also did it somewhere else but Coachella may have been a one-off for festival appearances. Anyway my point is not that they should've done that at the time. My point is that the opportunity was likely there if they offered enough money and they didn't - which to me indicates that they're not that interested in going out of their way to try to pull off these kind of things. 

The festival organisers probably feel the result isn't worth it for them as it doesn't sell more tickets.

1 hour ago, UsernameHere said:

I thought they also did it somewhere else but Coachella may have been a one-off for festival appearances. Anyway my point is not that they should've done that at the time. My point is that the opportunity was likely there if they offered enough money and they didn't - which to me indicates that they're not that interested in going out of their way to try to pull off these kind of things. 

The festival organisers probably feel the result isn't worth it for them as it doesn't sell more tickets.

They did another b2b2b at madison square gardens I think.

But I figured it was partly a scheduling thing, main stage already had DM, Kendrick (who baby keem joined), Fred Again, Skrillex - Four Tet was needed for some counter programming ?