Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 minute ago, allribena said:

Amazon stage feels like your dancing in a car park, and because the entrance is right next to it you can't stand stage right.

On occasion last year (when Calvin Harris was on...) I chilled on the hill where binance used to be

Ah so can you still access the hill? That's good. The map to me looked like VIP but maybe a skill issue for me reading the map 😂

Kinda annoying because a few of my favourites will be at amazon but hey

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Just noticed Atarashi Gakko! have a late Cupra slot. That's going to be crazy fun!

Yessss. Tbh I'd accepted they'd most likely clash with something I wanted to see earlier on but after SZA I think I will be READY for Atarashii Gakko. Followed by Charli too....

1 minute ago, Gnarler said:

Yessss. Tbh I'd accepted they'd most likely clash with something I wanted to see earlier on but after SZA I think I will be READY for Atarashii Gakko. Followed by Charli too....

Totally. Think it might be their first ever concert in Europe too!

26 minutes ago, katyaz said:

Ah so can you still access the hill? That's good. The map to me looked like VIP but maybe a skill issue for me reading the map 😂

Kinda annoying because a few of my favourites will be at amazon but hey

You could last year, not sure from the map if it's all VIP or no

1 hour ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Remember the black hole before Rosalia last year. Dont expect changes, it is what it is

This is not correct, they moved liturgy there  (possibly after many complaints?) and it was one of my concerts of the year 

13 minutes ago, branvan said:

Is Amazon Stage big enough for Romy and Charlie? Or is it this huge party thing  where you don‘t really need a stage… 

It's big on every sides (left, right and back), not like the TOUS stage on BITS back in 2022 where Grimes and Charli played and it was full full packed.

5 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

How is it possible that they could ignore all the comments asking for months if twigs was playing and just drop the bomb today? I mean, legally speaking 

I’ve defended them so many times but this was morally bankrupt behaviour.

Most of us on here knew deep down she was gone, yet they just strung out the lie as long as possible. 

• Like 2

Overall I think it could've been a lot worse. The worst for me are the obvious Pulp x Deftones (at a loss there, it's 50/50!) and the Vampire Weekend clash with everyone.

The Freddie Gibbs x Madlib slot is a disappointing placement for me. Unsuitable stage and it'll be bright, which doesn't feel right. I'll be there but I really wish it was at Cupra a bit later. On the other hand Jai Paul at Cupra should be great.

Saturday has ended up being better than I thought even without FKA Twigs (but f**k them for not replacing her).

Royel Otis > Crumb > PJ > half of Mitski > Bikini Kill/American Football > SZA > Roisin Murphy is pretty good.

Sad to see FKA Twigs out (not unexpected though), but feels like I get Lankum in place as I was totally expecting them to clash with PJ or Mitski.

Thursday turns out much better than I thought, mostly because I don't care much about Vampire Weekend.

Voxtrot - Arab Strap - Mannequin Pussy - Amyl - Beth Gibbons - Pulp - Justice is a brilliant run to my tastes.

Excited!!

10 hours ago, Gnarler said:

I will give them this... They've somehow mapped out Thursday PERFECTLY for me. Everything I wanted to see will be seen + Amaarae. Amazing.

Friday, having Omar Apollo into Troye Sivan into Lana is sh*t. I wanted to see Omar and Troye when it's dark out, I'm wrecked, and there's no annoying Lana fans in sight. VERY bottom heavy for me that day. Won't have much to do in the late night except waltz about and find my new favourite act.

Agreed, the Saturday is weaaaak. My feet will appreciate it. Also thank GOd I got tickets to Lemon Twigs on the Sunday cus no way was I gonna make 6pm on the Saturday just to watch a band open at the main stage.

Lemon Twigs were in my top 2 picks for Saturday with Mitski. Glad they're playing early as it not just avoids a clash, but their tunes should be played in the sunshine. Overall I'm happy. I finally got into The National having seen them, most partially, for the past 10 years or so at Primavera, but I want to see Clipse more.

It seems like a lot of people are 50/50 on Pulp Vs Deftones. Can't comment on the latter but the former is probably in my top three gigs of all time, having seen them last year in Sheffield. 

Being greedy I know - but I wish there was more wriggle room between Beth Gibbons and Pulp, although geographically I guess she's on the most convenient stage for it at least. I just want to 1) see most of her set and 2) get a good spot for Pulp...

Other than that, I'm completely intruiged by the Lana set which I feel will either be kind of hellish or ethereal with little in between. 

Glad Clipse have got a good slot, kind of wishing Freddie Gibbs and Madlib had a similar one. Feel like they've missed a trick going on so early (and on the main stage).

Edited by Clakus
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Clakus said:

It seems like a lot of people are 50/50 on Pulp Vs Deftones. Can't comment on the latter but the former is probably in my top three gigs of all time, having seen them last year in Sheffield. 

Being greedy I know - but I wish there was more wriggle room between Beth Gibbons and Pulp, although geographically I guess she's on the most convenient stage for it at least. I just want to 1) see most of her set and 2) get a good spot for Pulp...

Other than that, I'm completely intruiged by the Lana set which I feel will either be kind of hellish or ethereal with little in between. 

Glad Clipse have got a good slot, kind of wishing Freddie Gibbs and Madlib had a similar one. Feel like they've missed a trip going on so early (and on the main stage).

I saw Pulp at Finsbury Park last year. Got into the free "gold circle". One of the best outdoor shows I've been to. Such a great atmosphere. Jarvis throwing grapes and chocolate from his pockets into the crowd capped it off.

8 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Fka twigs sharing TODAY some first snippets of new music is hilarious 

The cancelation message ended with "and cannot wait to see what she has in store for us in 2025", hinting she's back next year?

Personally, with all my love to her, if an artist cancels two years in a row you don't book her again

• Upvote 1