Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

I guess the later they release the timetable, the fewer mistakes there'll be. But I feel like their marketing department have no idea where the line is between hype and killing the productivity of my whole week..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, churlie100 said:

Really hope they're not waiting this long just to tell us FKA Twigs is out. If the IDLES thing mentioned a few pages back is them replacing Kim Petras though then that's news I'm up for.

Missed this? I thought it was just them leaking the line up a previous year? Would also be happy with it though 

28 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

I guess the later they release the timetable, the fewer mistakes there'll be. But I feel like their marketing department have no idea where the line is between hype and killing the productivity of my whole week..

the artists already know the timetable, it has been communicated to them (Shabaka, Lisasinson...) so all this waiting is just to create hype (and indeed they are creating nervousness)

Just now, Fabrizzo said:

the artists already know the timetable, it has been communicated to them (Shabaka, Lisasinson...) so all this waiting is just to create hype (and indeed they are creating nervousness)

Sort of. Though when they were releasing it previously 30 days before, did they not want to create hype?

Agree with @Gnarler's comment, "I guess the later they release the timetable, the fewer mistakes there'll be."

And perhaps a couple of names have been uncertain in recent days.

So again humour me, but if they are set (and Shabaka leaking his would indicate so) what is the value in delaying them? 

Is it because there is still some tinkering? They feel more confident in waiting to avoid some drops? There's something going down impacting it's release? they like trolling us?

1 minute ago, BA_Barrabus said:

So again humour me, but if they are set (and Shabaka leaking his would indicate so) what is the value in delaying them? 

Is it because there is still some tinkering? They feel more confident in waiting to avoid some drops? There's something going down impacting it's release? they like trolling us?

Usually these things are because someone on the management team / marketing guru thinks it's the best way to drum up interest and demand - a look at this forum could prove them correct (I think it is all a little silly myself). 

1 minute ago, Ecclestone82 said:

Usually these things are because someone on the management team / marketing guru thinks it's the best way to drum up interest and demand - a look at this forum could prove them correct (I think it is all a little silly myself). 

Not saying you are wrong but this forum is full of people who they have to please least!

I really don't think it's that. 90% of people aren't remotely so obsessive.

I think they just don't want to announce, only for bands to pull out (perhaps some doubts on one or two) and then they have to backtrack. They could have been signing new replacement bands in the last week or two also and that takes time.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Not saying you are wrong but this forum is full of people who they have to please least!

I really don't think it's that. 90% of people aren't remotely so obsessive.

I think they just don't want to announce, only for bands to pull out (perhaps some doubts on one or two) and then they have to backtrack. They could have been signing new replacement bands in the last week or two also and that takes time.

Also the need to double and triple check if Everything is correct which is quite a task with 14 stages or so