Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

5 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I'm expecting the Lana fans to have no festival etiquette whatsoever based on the Reddit posts, but then again we have one of these acts every year and the overall vibe is still always very good. Most attendees are there for the overall quality and depth of the lineup.

I hate thinking this but 100% the Lana fans seem like a nightmare. Queuing for barricade and asking what time to turn up are two things I've never really seen at Primavera. Hoping they don't ruin all other other sets at the main stage.

18 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Same. I'm living here now and I've already been using the aircon for the past week and I'm getting sweaty at times just sitting outside or on the balcony, not even moving lol.

Don't know which part of Barcelona you're in but you're using aircon already?! I barely have my windows open and the fan won't get busted out til mid-June realistically. Is it super hot in your barrio? Poblenou is fine.

9 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I'm expecting the Lana fans to have no festival etiquette whatsoever based on the Reddit posts, but then again we have one of these acts every year and the overall vibe is still always very good. Most attendees are there for the overall quality and depth of the lineup.

Am expecting a certain contingent of Mitski fans to be a bit annoying too (sorry).

8 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Nice boiler room lineup. Unfortunately, too much cue to get in for my taste 

Exactly this. I'll swing by earlier in the day when it's not rammed but I will realistically never go once the sun goes down. Queuing is just too much for me. 

10 minutes ago, JIMBO666 said:

Mercury Rev just announced a UK tour that ends Nov 16th. Potential headliner for the Weekender if it returns this year.

And hopefully will find out the lineup in two weeks. They did a memorable show in Poble Espanol on the Sunday in 2011.

46 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Am expecting a certain contingent of Mitski fans to be a bit annoying too (sorry).

I've seen Mitski in Utrecht recently and despite the crowd being ridiculously young (although you could argue I was the odd one in the room), the atmosphere was really great and it was fun seeing these teenagers adoring their goddess. They even learnt all songs from the support act by heart, which was both funny and unexpected. Think they'll be a much better crowd than the Lana fanclub.

3 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

I've seen Mitski in Utrecht recently and despite the crowd being ridiculously young (although you could argue I was the odd one in the room), the atmosphere was really great and it was fun seeing these teenagers adoring their goddess. They even learnt all songs from the support act by heart, which was both funny and unexpected. Think they'll be a much better crowd than the Lana fanclub.

Yeah, I meant annoyingly better looking, younger and less jaded than me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

Don't know which part of Barcelona you're in but you're using aircon already?! I barely have my windows open and the fan won't get busted out til mid-June realistically. Is it super hot in your barrio? Poblenou is fine.

I'm not too far from you so I don't think location is the issue! I'm from Ireland though so what I consider warm will be very different to that of a local. Just the past week or so the apartment has been stuffy.

15 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I still haven't managed to get into the Boiler Room. I tried twice last year but the queue was insane. Any recommendations from that lineup? 

Snow Strippers are super hyped right now, ive heard them being compared to Crystal Castles a lot

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I still haven't managed to get into the Boiler Room. I tried twice last year but the queue was insane. Any recommendations from that lineup? 

Arca DJ set + Erika de Casier Live + 

IMG_6085.thumb.png.c716e1a3724f82f7666a5f50cb3e3fd7.png

1 hour ago, UsernameHere said:

The boring answer is to go there for one of the early sets, and you should have no problems.

2 hours ago, UsernameHere said:

Demdike Stare! 

Evian Christ too depending on your Thursday. My Thursday schedule is already packed so we'll see what happens 

1 hour ago, katyaz said:

Demdike Stare! 

Evian Christ too depending on your Thursday. My Thursday schedule is already packed so we'll see what happens 

Thursday is a joke for me. I'd be surprised if I'm not running from stage to stage from about 7pm till 4am. The clashes will be disgusting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Please let raime and demdike do 4 h from midday as it was in that chiringuito bits. It would be better than a +1 headliner for me 

Still remember when Kiasmos had that slot, great time!