Security on the gates this year?

Gulping Gull

3 hours ago, Gulping Gull said:

I will, always do. 

Seems i have misjudged this forum? Are you not well clued up on the festival or something? 

Why didn’t you show up for your shifts last year? Couldn’t be bothered? Why the f**k should any of us help you break in? Toddle off. 

Wait until the laundry van is making a slow approach to the festival gate. Have someone create a distraction ( could be old woman collapsing, stray tourist looking for directions etc etc) then jump in the back, get in a hamper and stay hidden until dark.

then congratulate yourself for a plan well executed and have a twix!

enjoy 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Gulping Gull said:

Seems i have misjudged this forum? Are you not well clued up on the festival or something? 

Hey, other people take offence at you claiming to steal from charities they've all supported for many years? 

What a bunch of sensitive flowers eh? 

Good luck in your endeavours 😂

Thanks for the awfully witty replies, certainly had me chuckling! 

Not sure about the 'stealing from charity' reply though. What on earth did you mean? The only thing being stolen when charities are involved at festivals, is peoples time, by the charity itself! Fancy expecting people to stand around, not getting paid, and missing the festival all in the name of charity? One of the charity's, Oxfam, the CEO is on a 100k a year salary. Perhaps he might consider a little volunteer shift in the middle of the night beside a f**king pole 😆. But then i suppose unless you are a first class mug, you wouldnt bother, which is why i didnt and nor does he. 

Why does no one here get my question?  A serious question about getting into the festival? Surely, you do know that thousands of people sneak in every year, right? Or perhaps you are too wet behind the ears to contemplate such a thing? Ridiculous 😂

Edited by Gulping Gull
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Gulping Gull said:

Not sure about the 'stealing from charity' reply though. What on earth did you mean? The only thing being stolen when charities are involved at festivals, is peoples time, by the charity itself! Fancy expecting people to stand around, not getting paid, and missing the festival all in the name of charity? One of the charity's, Oxfam, the CEO is on a 100k a year salary. Perhaps he might consider a little volunteer shift in the middle of the night beside a f**king pole 😆. But the i suppose unless you are a first class mug, you wouldnt bother, which is why i didnt and nor does he. 

Why does no one here get my question?  A serious question about getting into the festival? Surely, you do know that thousands of people sneak in every year, right? Or perhaps you are too wet behind the ears to contemplate such a thing? Ridiculous 😂

virgin

34 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

Not sure about the 'stealing from charity' reply though. What on earth did you mean? The only thing being stolen when charities are involved at festivals, is peoples time, by the charity itself! Fancy expecting people to stand around, not getting paid, and missing the festival all in the name of charity? One of the charity's, Oxfam, the CEO is on a 100k a year salary. Perhaps he might consider a little volunteer shift in the middle of the night beside a f**king pole 😆. But then i suppose unless you are a first class mug, you wouldnt bother, which is why i didnt and nor does he. 

I volunteered with Oxfam last year and loved it. Sure,.the night shift on Wicket gate was long but we had fun. I got to enjoy the sold out festival, work with some fab people AND the charity benefited from the donation.

It's a win for all.

37 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

There is a reason why the CEO of Oxfam is worth £100k a year, and you are not even worth the price of a Glastonbury ticket.

• Like 1

I always used to do a little critique of Jimbarkanoodle's trolling posts under his various user names, and offer a bit of sarcastic advice on how to make them more believable.  But as the years go by and people continue to bite, I'm starting to come round to his side - if people really aren't capable of recognising obvious trolling, even after it's already been flagged up, then you might as well just sit back and enjoy the drama, just as 'Jim' will be.  It's an embarrassingly low standard of trolling, but that really doesn't matter if it's still hitting targets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ICGenie said:

There is a reason why the CEO of Oxfam is worth £100k a year, and you are not even worth the price of a Glastonbury ticket.

Very immature response, but since you said it, why is the CEO of Oxfam worth 100k a year? You actually look like exactly the sort of head in the clouds individual (ThatCubT also falling into the category) they love to recruit to work for free, you have this pie in the sky, ludicrous idea that by standing in the cold doing nothing but point munted people towards the shitters,you are genuinely doing some good for the world 😆. Still. Still, I shouldn't laugh, as i do feel a little sorry for people such as yourself. 

Edited by Gulping Gull

1 minute ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

I always used to do a little critique of Jimbarkanoodle's trolling posts under his various user names, and offer a bit of sarcastic advice on how to make them more believable.  But as the years go by and people continue to bite, I'm starting to come round to his side - if people really aren't capable of recognising obvious trolling, even after it's already been flagged up, then you might as well just sit back and enjoy the drama, just as 'Jim' will be.  It's an embarrassingly low standard of trolling, but that really doesn't matter if it's still hitting targets.

gull able ?

On 6/15/2023 at 11:01 AM, incident said:

It's just boring at this stage though.

Always starts off going full on "look at how much of a twat I am" from the first post. There's no subtly to it at all. We deserve a better class of troll.

Recruitment crises?

You just can't get the trolls these days so you end up with any old crap

15 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Oh I agree. Which is why it's so much damn fun when you manage to get them to bite back 😄

I'm pleased that they fell back on the classic tory/kipper excuse for not supporting charity of ceo wages. 

Well they either are a troll, in which case they're not very good at it or it's a genuine question - in which case they're both a tory and an eejit. 

Either way - we all win 😊

Edited by clarkete

2 hours ago, Gulping Gull said:

Very immature response, but since you said it, why is the CEO of Oxfam worth 100k a year? You actually look like exactly the sort of head in the clouds individual (ThatCubT also falling into the category) they love to recruit to work for free, you have this pie in the sky, ludicrous idea that by standing in the cold doing nothing but point munted people towards the shitters,you are genuinely doing some good for the world 😆. Still. Still, I shouldn't laugh, as i do feel a little sorry for people such as yourself. 

😂

I don't get it. Either he is a narcissistic troll who wastes an inordinate amount of time talking crap to satisfy his sad existence or he is a narcissist who has a staggering boris johnson level of entitlement when it comes to going to glastonbury. Which one is it?