Vodafone Sim Card Required?

Tomothy123

12 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

EE had 5G on site today with 300 speeds ..... Lebara sim had full signal ..... before the masses arrive obviously 

hmmm I hope vodafone have done a better job planning their masts than they did with their sh*t app , maybe I shouldnt have gone with asda (vodafone)

Just now, gazzared said:

hmmm I hope vodafone have done a better job planning their masts than they did with their sh*t app , maybe I shouldnt have gone with asda (vodafone)

There’s some massive new masts up onsite that haven’t been there before . I presume they are part of the new Vodaphone infastructure 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

There’s some massive new masts up onsite that haven’t been there before . I presume they are part of the new Vodaphone infastructure 

thats good then , thanks 👍

Lol does anybody have any experience with Tesco Mobile?

I got a decent deal on the iPhone 13 with free AirPods, really thought it was a good purchase thinking if they use 02’s network then services will be okay.

I can barely get through one phone calll in Manchester. Any experience at the festival or should I purchase a sim? Only me and my girlfriend going this year (and her first time) so I think it would be preferable definitely if we can contact each other at all times.

On 6/12/2023 at 10:25 AM, Suprefan said:

Newer iphones use e-sim which kinda sucks and makes me want to just have a spare iphone 13 so its at least reasonably new and capable just to have the option of switching physical sim cards if i wanted to. Biggest difference in having a 5g capable phone was last year I was texting and sending images from the front of the Pyramid when in 2017 my phone had zero reception in the same spot.

Would it not be cheaper to sell your existing IPhone and pool the money from that and what you have reserved for the spare iPhone 13 towards importing a Hong Kong iPhone Model Axxx with dual discrete nano-SIM slots?

(You should also be able to pay in $HKD if you load a balance to a Wise debit card to avoid transfer fees from $USD - presumably you use this loaded with £GBP when you are at Glastonbury?)

Using Dual SIM with two nano-SIM cards
Published Date: January 10, 2023
https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT209086

so long as it supports the cellular bands you require in your home country (California, USA?):

5G and LTE. Find the iPhone that’s right for your country or region.
https://www.apple.com/hk/en/iphone/cellular/

Identify your iPhone model
Published Date: June 06, 2023
https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT201296

I personally plan to buy the final 'Max' or rumo[u]red 'Ultra' HK iPhone that uses a Qualcomm modem, before the switch to an Apple-designed one (similarly, I plan to soon buy a refurbished base-level Intel-base Mac Pro 2019 now that it has been discontinued in favour of the Apple Silicon-based Mac Pro 2023).

It is my understanding that it should still be possible to register for AppleCare+ - which provides global coverage - from the option within your HK iPhone, up to 90 days after setup / initiali[s/z]ation of the phone landing on US soil, using your regular US Apple ID with payment in $USD.

37 minutes ago, emilya1993 said:

does anyone know the latest best value option to get a voda sim? 

they've got £29 for a month 6gb data on their site. better to go with lebara or similar? 

Thanks

Picking up a free one on site is probably best value.

They've said they'll be giving out "taster" packs with some free data at the festival, though exactly what that'll entail is anyones guess.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Picking up a free one on site is probably best value.

They've said they'll be giving out "taster" packs with some free data at the festival, though exactly what that'll entail is anyones guess.

thanks, will sort the £10 bundle before hand as for a few reasons need some decent connectivity weds/thurs and 3 is a crock of sh*t

6 hours ago, offmytrolley said:

If anyone needs a way to turn a Vodafone PAYG SIM into an eSIM (so you can use it alongside your normal number if you've got a relatively recent phone) then let me know and I'll write up the steps I took. It's not officially supported on PAYG, but it seems to work.

Screenshot_20230615-193458.png

Yes please 🙂 

Also, how long does it all take to process?

Here's the steps to get an eSIM:

1. Get a Vodafone PAYG SIM card, local shops will have them, try and find one with a data bundle
  2. Register for My Vodafone online, you'll get some security texts so stick the PAYG SIM in an old phone or swap it into your phone's SIM card slot temporarily
  3. When you're logged into My Vodafone, go to https://www.vodafone.co.uk/webcenter/portal/myvodafone/pages_accountprofilesettings/simswap
  4. Pick eSIM
  5. Pick 'Enter device EID manually'
  6. Go into your phone's settings and find the EID of your second, spare SIM slot. On Android this is in Settings -> About phone -> SIM status (sim slot 2). Copy the number or write it down and put it into the My Vodafone form
  7. Submit the form and you'll get an error message about an order already being in progress, or something like that
  8. Come back to https://www.vodafone.co.uk/webcenter/portal/myvodafone/pages_accountprofilesettings/simswap a day or two later and try again
  9. Now it should work
  10. You'll get an email with some instructions and a QR code to scan (the password for the PDF is your birthday, DDMMYYY), but my phone (Android Pixel 7a) automatically found the eSIM when I went into my Network and Internet -> SIMs -> Add screen.

Once it's set up, you can pick if you want to use the eSIM as your primary connection for data, or for calls and texts too. When I get to the farm I'll switch all the preferences to use the Vodafone eSIM and ask my friends to use my Vodafone number for calls or texts, but I'll still be able to use my WhatsApp tied to my old number, just with the data coming from Vodafone instead of Three now!

I got the steps from https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/eSIM-on-Pay-as-you-Go/m-p/2732023/highlight/true#M13435

On 6/16/2023 at 11:14 AM, emilya1993 said:

does anyone know the latest best value option to get a voda sim? 

they've got £29 for a month 6gb data on their site. better to go with lebara or similar? 

Thanks

Been in to Voda today, was gonna go for £10 PAYG, but the guy suggested I do a month long Talkmobile SIM for same price, that if you cancel within 14 days is money back. So let's see how it works onsite!