Who's bringing the ladder?

Lizzim

10 years on and the Hives are playing the same slot, second up on the Other stage Friday  One of my (many) favourite moments.    So I'm ten years older but I think I'm still up for it. 

So who's bringing the ladder? Just me..?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Its pretty damning for The Hives that noone ever talks about their music...

Never thought about that but you're right.  They've got some slamming tunes too.  I guess the performances are so big it sticks in the memory.  And let's be honest, Howlin' Pelle is the front man every band wishes they had.

11 hours ago, Lizzim said:

10 years on and the Hives are playing the same slot, second up on the Other stage Friday  One of my (many) favourite moments.    So I'm ten years older but I think I'm still up for it. 

10 years!!! Christ, that's made me realise it'll be 10 years since my first Glastonbury and I suddenly feel old. What a set that was though, hope for much of the same this time round

7 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Can someone let me in on the ladder joke?

I recall he came down into the other stage crowd and then couldn’t get back up onto the stage because his pants were too tight. It doesn’t sound that funny to type it.. But it was a whole exaggerated thing and his commentary about it was hilarious at the time!

1 minute ago, Mark H said:

I recall he came down into the other stage crowd and then couldn’t get back up onto the stage because his pants were too tight. It doesn’t sound that funny to type it.. But it was a whole exaggerated thing and his commentary about it was hilarious at the time!

Hilarious, thanks! Completely makes sense now.

6 minutes ago, Mark H said:

and he kept shouting "someone get me a f**king ladder", my friends still quote it now

31 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

10 years!!! Christ, that's made me realise it'll be 10 years since my first Glastonbury and I suddenly feel old. What a set that was though, hope for much of the same this time round

Exactly this it was my first one as well and what a start that was. Seems so strange I’ll have the same start and headliner 10 years on

1 hour ago, 2019 said:

Can someone let me in on the ladder joke?

54 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Didn't know about the crowd and pants thing. All this time I've been thinking he was inferring that they should have been higher up the bill. Ten years. Good grief.

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

Didn't know about the crowd and pants thing. All this time I've been thinking he was inferring that they should have been higher up the bill. Ten years. Good grief.

He talked about being too low on the bill - along with a lot of other things.

Great front man to be fair.

14 hours ago, Lizzim said:

I had no idea what this was about.

14 hours ago, Lizzim said:

I had thought this was a reference to getting into the festival.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He talked about being too low on the bill - along with a lot of other things.

Great front man to be fair.

I recall his first address to the crowd was "We are The Hives and we will be the highlight of your festival."  He wasn't far off.