BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

2 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Seems like folk are just hate-watching AM now 🤣

I'm watching through to the end so I never forget to never watch them again.

Just now, Drums Please Fab said:

this is karaoke now. Jesus.

hopefully his solo at the end of body paint goes down well.

im going to see them in Madrid in two weeks. ....

They were really good in Manchester two weeks ago. This is definitely not how the whole tour has been. Clearly he's struggling and you can see it in his face. They should have postponed because he's clearly not at 100 percent or anything like it

4 minutes ago, VCK said:

Isn’t 2013 generally regarded to be one of their best ever performances?

In some quarters. Others would tell you it was the start of Turner’s descent into self-parody and nobody at the back could see anything because they f**ked about with the screens. As I say, divisive. 

1 minute ago, prestonmike said:

Mate's just messaged to say half the crowd have left or are leaving, half might be an exaggeration but doesnt sound like its going down too well live either

Even as a big fan I can't blame them.

I was one of the ones to walk out on Gorrilaz too way back when. That was awful too. Just didn't land like this hasn't.

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

In some quarters. Others would tell you it was the start of Turner’s descent into self-parody and nobody at the back could see anything because they f**ked about with the screens. As I say, divisive. 

I do sort of agree with you on that point. For me the last genuinely great album they did was Suck It And See. AM has to be one of the most overrated albums ever, and as for the last two…lifeless, plodding, self indulgent shite.

Just now, Benjsh said:

Even as a big fan I can't blame them.

I was one of the ones to walk out on Gorrilaz too way back when. That was awful too. Just didn't land like this hasn't.

I stuck with Gorrilaz, convinced it was going to improve, and to be fair, it did slightly when they brought out Snoop and Lou Reed

2 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

The funny thing is, everyone will blether on about how great Elton is on Sunday even if his voice is shite now!

I'm not sticking up for Alex by the way, it's been poor, but.....double standards?

People can forgive a bad voice, they can't forgive a lack of effort, energy and a poor setlist.

7 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Any chance of a refund?

This isnt america lol. 

i would say despite elton not having as strong of a voice  anymore he still enjoys himself on stage and wants to make the audience happy.

So Arctics with Alex and a bad voice of Frank Ocean half assing his set with a good voice....

Edited by Suprefan

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

The funny thing is, everyone will blether on about how great Elton is on Sunday even if his voice is shite now!

I'm not sticking up for Alex by the way, it's been poor, but.....double standards?

I'd make allowances for Elton in the same way I would Macca last year not to mention AM are about 40 years younger without a similarly unimpeachable back catalogue